GT6 - Removed/Added Features

Someone needs to plead with them to add the mod "tire width" lol

Wonder if this time around if forced induction is viable on pretty much any modern engine, would love to add some turbos to some cars and weigh the pro cons of turbos and superchargers....hopeful.
Hey did we also mention the return of brake upgrades meaning that we most probably have brake fade included in damage engine.

I was checking the site and it showed cars still damaged from a race, looks as if repairs are not automatic and up to you. This would definitely affect aerodynamic performance, I seriously hope this does affect cars. Clean racing here I come :D. GT6 site has been update, weird that it still says 37 locations but there are 39 courses in the official track list. Car list says over 1200 cars, but the car count is shy by quite a bit...take it how you want there are cars that are not on the list that are in the game probably as prizes and to be discovered. Still holding out hope that the Saleen S7TT 2010 makes it in. Itching to drive this monster 750hp beast.

Another thing, any word on if PD fixed incorrect specifications on some cars the S7 '04 had it's weight split reversed causing a great many headaches to drive it. There are some other cars that were messed up as well, let's hope those were alleviated as well.
One of the problems with that is usually the adding of turbos in these games give you nonsense results and torque curves you would never see. So long as you dont expect it to be realistic at all its ok.

I would like to see engine swaps as well so I could build a 2zz supercharged mr2.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to add in this thread is that chrome-line and stealth cars from GT5 special editions will be unlocked in GT6 for all players.

One of the problems with that is usually the adding of turbos in these games give you nonsense results and torque curves you would never see. So long as you dont expect it to be realistic at all its ok.

I would like to see engine swaps as well so I could build a 2zz supercharged mr2.

Even if they gave you a 2zz swap, then you'd want a V6 swap. Then a turbo 2GR-FE swap. Then a Lexus V8 swap. Why stop there? Why not just swap the chassis to a race car. With a race engine.

I can't remember because I almost never used SS Route 7: Races were always held at night but did it always rain?
Now it says "Special Stage Route 7 / Weather Changes"

I can't remember because I almost never used SS Route 7: Races were always held at night but did it always rain?
Now it says "Special Stage Route 7 / Weather Changes"

There was a dry and a permanently wet SSR7.

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013?
Never heard about it... where did you see this?
But now that you mentioned it, it's uncertain if the 2005 version of Sarthe will be in the game. I'd be sad if it's not.

There are a lot of screenshots and gameplay videos out there nowadays, if someone could post a screenshot or a video of the track selection screen, showing all the tracks and variants, it would be awesome.

Someone needs to plead with them to add the mod "tire width" lol

Not sure I understand your comment about the torque curves being unrealistic in the games when you add turbos and superchargers, can you explain it to me more?

About the tires, well I think they might have included it considering that we now have ability to increase the wheel sizes it's in the photo gallery Jordan posted last week. I think with all the data they acquired from their collaborations with K&W and Yokohama they do understand that increased tire widths are also part of upgrades to cars and can make a significant difference for some cars. They should also include tire pressure adjustment as GT5 sorely needed this because many courses have varying temperatures especially at the beginning of races, this should be inclusion number one as this directly influences the grip as well as being a help for foresight when setting up a car for a long race. Cold race start you want the pressure slightly lower than normal to keep some grip and as the temperature rises the pressure increases slightly due to kinetic energy and all that jargon happening with braking and friction from rotating. It would be impressive to see more in depth additions to GT6 and the series overall.

Never heard about it... where did you see this?
But now that you mentioned it, it's uncertain if the 2005 version of Sarthe will be in the game. I'd be sad if it's not.

There are a lot of screenshots and gameplay videos out there nowadays, if someone could post a screenshot or a video of the track selection screen, showing all the tracks and variants, it would be awesome.
Sarthe 2013 (weather/time)
image-jpg.83560

With shirakawaa we have found 3 new layouts of Matterhorn
ESRKbYa.jpg

Red - West (already known)
Green - South
Pink - East
Plus there is a short course (left pink loop)

Yellow line is not confirmed yet.

Sarthe 2013 (weather/time)
image-jpg.83560

With shirakawaa we have found 3 new layouts of Matterhorn
ESRKbYa.jpg

Red - West (already known)
Green - South
Pink - East
Plus there is a short course (left pink loop)

Yellow line is not confirmed yet.

Nice catch on Sarthe 2013. That means it'll have the new Arnage run off, among other smaller changes (signage and certain curb profiles).

But what's the Matterhorn thing about? You mean you created 3 new layouts?

Not at all. In video from some German site they play GT6 and one guy shows all world tracks (screen with Sarthe 2013) and other guy in background goes into "original" tracks and we can see one page of that track list. There you can see 4 layouts of Matterhorn. After some CSI work we managed to figure out what those variants are and came up with this :)

Here are the details https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...er-car-track-list.281919/page-25#post-8970055

Thanks for the tips 👍
Sadly, I don't have much time to follow the forum in detail so this kind of tips are always welcomed.

I updated the tracks and added the Vision Cars. It's just Mercedes so far, but the other manufacturers are as good as confirmed too...

I cound't see the number of cars that we're gonna get in GT6 that comes from GT5. I mean, the premiums..

GT5 premiums (.......) + GT6 new premiums (122) ?

261 (approx.) from GT5, according to this website.

That's includes the removed WRC and Ferrari F1 cars, and all DLC, including Stealth/Chrome and later DLC's.

So the actual figure should be 255 from GT5 and then 123 from GT6.

Last edited:
Great thread.
Has anyone heard anything about mid-race saving? For what it's worth,is the mid-championship saving from GT4 coming back? Both features are crucial imho, and the former was at least introduced via update into GT5.

Back