GT6 Replays: Post Them Here!

• Thread starter GTP_Denza
  • 473 comments
Calling all gentlemen racers!!!!

After watching a lot of the Nurb 24hr last weekend, I wanted to recreate close racing that is as similar to real life as I could get it. So after much tweaking of the Audi R8 LMS Ultra '12's power settings I ended up with a pretty competitive ride compared to the AI. On the straight most of them were faster or at least as fast which gave the feeling of good close racing!!

Then it was about driving properly - like in real life racing - waiting for opportunities, no touching or barging the AI, measured overtaking and using the brake to avoid crashing into the car in front!

All aids are off, and my personal preference is no HUD either.

Track: Nurb 24hr

Settings: 16.30, time set to 30%, dry track, 0% weather. (I'm saving wet weather for another day!!)

I used ShaunM's Exeter Tune (Thanks man!) with a couple of tweaks:

Sport Tyres (RHs are too fast in the corners!!)

F/R

Height: 60/65

Spring rate: 20.50/19.50

Dampers comp:8/8

Dampers ext:6/6

ARbar:5/3

Camber:1.5/1.0

Toe:-0.10/0.10

Diff

8/14/25

Power:

Limiter to 75%

Engine: standard

Turbo: normal

Ballast:60kg at -50% to bring the weight to 50:50.

Tranny - final gear to 5000, Max speed to 124mph

Set final gear somewhere between 3000 and 4000 (I can't remember where exactly, but from the video I need another adjustment as I'm not reaching the top of 6th gear.)

I carried on for another 2 laps and with a couple of mistakes I was maintaining a 14 second gap to P1, but with more concentration and no mistakes, catching the leader, for me, is just about possible.....but I'm no Driving God, just a middle-aged bloke with a games console!!!

Give it a go! Let me know how you found it or changed it to make it even better!!

Hello guys! It's been years since I posted a thread here. I have a channel focused on VR and yesterday I posted a video of me playing GT6 in a simulated VR environment.

The headset is connected directly to the PS3s HDMI out port.

Here's a quick snippet of my setup.

Here's the video of me doing a lap at the Nurb:

And here I explain how this VR headset simulates head tracking in consoles.

This is by no means a PSVR, but it does offer great immersion in racing games and is so much fun. Hope you guys enjoy and if you like VR Subscribe :D

If you have any questions leave a comment below, peace!

Of all the course maker tracks I've made (50+?) this is my favourite. It's a Grand Prix style circuit, 4.2 kilometers long and 11 meters wide. A lap takes about 1:19 in the Zytek Nissan.

circuit de sant jordi_bw.png

Back