GT6 Review Thread

GT3 metacritic: 95.
GT4 metacritic: 89.

Hmmm, metacritic - I'll pass on that opinion. GT3 brought fantastic graphics to PS2 but GT4 blew it out the water with it's car list, physics and sheer scale of GT mode. Genuinely stunned that GT3 could be given such a score, must of been compared to its competition at the time in 2001.

I'm not going to google this - but surely GT4 beat GT3 hands down in the reviews. Far far superior game, massive innovation compared to GT5-->GT6

The opinions of GT3 being better than GT4 I will NEVER understand. GT4 was better than GT3 in EVERY way. I was blown away by it when I compared the two.

Although GT6 is better than GT5, it is not better on the scale that GT4 was.

Let's give some encouragement for GT7 though.

Like FFXIII, GT6 is the first GT game I will be skipping. :(

Hmmm, metacritic - I'll pass on that opinion. GT3 brought fantastic graphics to PS2 but GT4 blew it out the water with it's car list, physics and sheer scale of GT mode. Genuinely stunned that GT3 could be given such a score, must of been compared to its competition at the time in 2001.

I don't disagree. But GT5 brought a lot of stuff to the table too, so GT6's claim to fame is that these excellent features are now in a game that's tolerable to play. :lol:

Maybe now, people will see that the PD/GT is in need of help.

GT6 is what I thought it would be the moment it was announced as a PS3 game; But GT7 on the PS4 alone, won't provide PD with a better game (just more possibilities). PD needs to change and improve their ways of designing gameplay mechanics.

1,200 cars and great (hit and miss) graphics don't make a great game, if the gameplay design is outdated, stale, and/or just not fully functional.

Sony please get these guys some extra hands. It's time to step it up.

75 rating on Metacritic ,btw. Worst scoring GT game of all time.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/gran-turismo-6/critic-reviews
I for one dont want to miss that "outdated, stale und not fully functional" gameplay design - its Gran Turismo, and a Gran Turismo has to have that gameplay design! I think they have made great improvements in the presentation of Race events (Goodwood Hillclimb for example) by keeping the same ideology of a Gran Turismo racing career!

And really, Metacritic.... why should i listen to people that review games in which they arent interested the same way as i am? Most reviewers want casual game, because they are, in terms of racing games, casual gamer!

I have GT6 since yesterday and the things they did to the physics, the menu, the GT Mode and the Graphics are just GREAT! 👍

I don't disagree. But GT5 brought a lot of stuff to the table too, so GT6's claim to fame is that these excellent features are now in a game that's tolerable to play. :lol:

Fair enough I guess, I just feel that GT6 isn't the swansong of GT that the PS3 deserves, especially compared to what GT4 was as the final GT on PS2.

I'm just praying for that "big leap" of innovation that I know PD can offer up for GT7 and PS4. 👍

The opinions of GT3 being better than GT4 I will NEVER understand. GT4 was better than GT3 in EVERY way. I was blown away by it when I compared the two.

Personally I find GT4 much more fun than GT5. I'd play GT4 over GT5 any day.

Still I'm eager to play GT6. Just a couple of hours.

Does this really need to be asked? Do you not care about things like time-of-day or dynamic weather? Can't blame you for not caring about damage since it was and still is lackluster, but the seed is there. Cockpit view?? Karting, 3D, Course Maker? None of these sprung to mind before you asked "Like?"??

Does this really need to be asked? Do you not care about things like time-of-day or dynamic weather? Can't blame you for not caring about damage since it was and still is lackluster, but the seed is there. Cockpit view?? Karting, 3D, Course Maker? None of these sprung to mind before you asked "Like?"??
Time of day and weather was very limited, course maker was flawed, 3D seriously?, lack of cockpit views would have been a disgrace and they were only for a minority of the cars, so the adding of karts is the only thing i can agree on.

So no; new and innovative stuff to the table that was something we seriously lacked before i wouldn't really say for GT5 compared to GT4. You could say we got the moon and the stars for GT6 but does that really add to the value of a racing game?

Time of day and weather were limited, yes, but still excellent additions. And GT6 expands it to even more tracks.

Course Maker wasn't flawed, it was just limited. Though signs point to GT6's being more robust.

3D's still an addition even if you try to downplay it by asking "Seriously?".

Cockpit view is still an addition even if you feel GT5 would've been a disgrace if it didn't have it. Yeah, it's restricted to the small roster of Premiums. Tough titty, we won't be seeing an all-premium car roster until GT7.

I'll wait for the unbiased people on this board to provide their honest opinion on physics.
From what I've heard from others here so far, GT6's physics seems to have vastly improved over GT5. Since I got the game, I'll be checking it out myself. Can't wait!

Time of day and weather were limited, yes, but still excellent additions. And GT6 expands it to even more tracks.

Course Maker wasn't flawed, it was just limited.

3D's still an addition even if you try to downplay it by asking "Seriously?".

Cockpit view is still an addition even if you feel GT5 would've been a disgrace if it didn't have it. Yeah, it's restricted to the small roster of Premiums. Tough titty, we won't be seeing an all-premium car roster until GT7.
Maybe you are just easily satisfied :D

I'm speachless if I read things like this:

What, the idea that the input method that is used by the vast majority of GT players shouldn't be of any concern?

Wheels are great, and naturally provide better feedback and more control. They're also a fringe accessory, and not an excuse for having a lackluster controller experience.

Maybe you are just easily satisfied :D

I'm easily satisfied because I compiled a list of new features in a game that I found intolerable due to its flaws and thus played for less than 10 hours?

I'm afraid I don't follow your logic.

What, the idea that the input method that is used by the vast majority of GT players shouldn't be of any concern?

Wheels are great, and naturally provide better feedback and more control. They're also a fringe accessory, and not an excuse for having a lackluster controller experience.
How exaclty does a controller offer feedback?
With exception of vibrating while driving over something bumpy.

Maybe it's just me, but I never had a racing game that offered feedback via controller.

There's nothing wrong with GT6's controller experience. These reviews are referring to the Xbox One's trigger rumble feature that Forza 5 makes use of. So it'd take Sony releasing a new Dualshock controller for the PS3 that has trigger rumble for GT6 to have a matching controller experience, but even then this new trigger rumble controller would be a "fringe accessory" due to the PS3 already having been replaced and GT6 likely being the only game that'd utilize this capability of the new PS3 controller.

How exaclty does a controller offer feedback?
With exception of vibrating while driving over something bumpy.

Maybe it's just me, but I never had a racing game that offered feedback via controller.

How vibration is dealt with to better communicate loss of grip, for one. GT has always had a rather numb controller experience versus other racing games, which is at odds with its very focused wheel experience.

There's nothing wrong with GT6's controller experience.

I've played more communicative games on both the PS3 and 360, but I guess "nothing wrong" is a pretty common description of any GT feature. Course Maker? Not flawed, apparently.

There's certainly room for improvement with GT6's feel; I'm playing it right now with a controller since my wheel isn't even in the same city as I am, and it's the same numb, uncommunicative feeling that GT5 had (which I just played last night specifically for the ability to compare them today).

I'm easily satisfied because I compiled a list of new features in a game that I found intolerable due to its flaws and thus played for less than 10 hours?

I'm afraid I don't follow your logic.
I'm not following yours then, if you agree GT5 was a fail why would you defend it for "having brought a lot of new features to the table" even tough the game was flawed?

I'm not following yours then, if you agree GT5 was a fail why would you defend it for "having brought a lot of new features to the table" even tough the game was flawed?

Because the point I was making was that GT6 has all of GT5's awesome new features but improved, and minus most of the flaws that GT5 had.

How vibration is dealt with to better communicate loss of grip, for one. GT has always had a rather numb controller experience versus other racing games, which is at odds with its very focused wheel experience.
Ok

I personally never felt anything like that in other games, but if other people do... then there must be something, don't know.

So when you lose grip should the controler vibrate more or less?:confused:

So GT5.5 than ?
Not really. Have you seen the Laguna Seca comparisons? It's really improved. But really. Why does everyone keep calling GT6 GT5.5? Why does other games get away of being called "new", but not GT?

You know what? I don't care what people say. GT6 is a new just like every other game to me. Forza 5 is a Forza 3.5 to me, but I still call it new.

Not really. Have you seen the Laguna Seca comparisons? It's really improved. But really. Why does everyone keep calling GT6 GT5.5? Why does other games get away of being called "new", but not GT?

You know what? I don't care what people say. GT6 is a new just like every other game to me.

Because its not a leap forward that deserve to be call the next evolution of GT series. Its basically a GT5 with more cars

Laguna seca was one of the ugliest tracks in GT5, looking totally PS2 but sharper and from what I've seen so far they have changed the puky textures that were supposed to represent "grass" to grass.
They gave Laguna seca the wheelarches treatment like they did on many of the standards that's all... Hardly anything to write home about.

Latest Posts

Back