GT6 Review Thread

IGN review was very fair in my eyes.

Same. I initially disagreed with it, but the more I thought about it, it's pretty fair.

Majority of the sounds, standards, A.I. and damage still being below today's standard are all things the casual will heavily critique on, and only the hardcore will understand and be fine with it. I'm one of those hardcore ones so those things I'm going to put my judgement on hold because I expect the game to improve over time. As is, I can't say I disagree with IGN's critique.

Laguna seca was one of the ugliest tracks in GT5, looking totally PS2 but sharper and from what I've seen so far they have changed the puky textures that were supposed to represent "grass" to grass.
They gave Laguna seca the wheelarches treatment like they did on many of the standards that's all...

May I ask what did you expect they should have done with the Laguna Seca?

In your opinion, it is...

Correct. I don't claim otherwise. I am just baffled that you guys don't want more ? There is nothing wrong with GT5 or GT6. It just more of the same. There is nothing groundbreaking and from what I have seen so far, its pretty much on point. Although, I won't comment on any physics because I won't play GT6 this time around but I do remember vividly how GT5 felt compare to its direct competitor and GT is falling behind on almost all aspect.

Correct. I don't claim otherwise. I am just baffled that you guys don't want more ? There is nothing wrong with GT5 or GT6. It just more of the same. There is nothing groundbreaking and from what I have seen so far, its pretty much on point. Although, I won't comment on any physics because I won't play GT6 this time around but I do remember vividly how GT5 felt compare to its direct competitor and GT is falling behind on almost all aspect.

You are right, we should expect more, especially knowing PD's budget. I am not going to argue your points, because I really think we are on the same page, however I decided to buy the game.
And you really should try the game somewhere. Physics is the biggest improvement so far in my opinion. And for me, it's the most important thing.

You are right, we should expect more, especially knowing PD's budget. I am not going to argue your points, because I really think we are on the same page, however I decided to buy the game.
And you really should try the game somewhere. Physics is the biggest improvement so far in my opinion. And for me, it's the most important thing.

We are on the same page. I just don't want to give money to PD and encourage them to follow the same course. I want more out of GT series and I will vote with my wallet this time around.

We are on the same page. I just don't want to give money to PD and encourage them to follow the same course. I want more out of GT series and I will vote with my wallet this time around.

I respect this. As for myself, F4 and GT are pretty much the only two games I play, so I can't really skip, can I? :D

I respect this. As for myself, F4 and GT are pretty much the only two games I play, so I can't really skip, can I? :D

It doesn't help that I have Forza 5. I just wish my Fanatec wheel would work with it. That is my only complain so far.

Certainly, you must be putting the GT franchise in a much higher standards than any racing game out there, right?

The game has improved physics, new U.I, more cars, more tracks, more career events. It improves upon the features that was introduced in GT5, like online features and customization. It will also grow through updates (Senna, RedBull, Andretti, etc.). We've yet to see what course maker brings, especially with the GPS data, and if and when the sound update will come.

How many racing games can you say improve this much? Over one hundred more cars (added, not replaced), lots of new tracks, completely different U.I., much improved physics (imo), etc.

I'm not knocking your opinion or anything, but curious to know what exactly your expectations are, that GT6 doesn't bring to you and what waiting for GT7 can do for you besides better graphics.

It doesn't help that I have Forza 5. I just wish my Fanatec wheel would work with it. That is my only complain so far.

Is Forza 5 considered groundbreaking to you from Forza 4? Very curious. I'm not too familar with Forza 4.

Last edited:
Certainly, you must be putting the GT franchise in a much higher standards than any racing game out there, right?

The game has improved physics, new U.I, more cars, more tracks, more career events. It improves upon the features that was introduced in GT5, like online features and customization. It will also grow through updates (Senna, RedBull, Andretti, etc.). We've yet to see what course maker brings, especially with the GPS data, and if and when the sound update will come.

How many racing games can you say improve this much? Over one hundred more cars (added, not replaced), lots of new tracks, completely different U.I., much improved physics (imo), etc.

I'm not knocking your opinion or anything, but curious to know what exactly your expectations are, that GT6 doesn't bring to you and what waiting for GT7 can do for you besides better graphics.

Is Forza 5 considered groundbreaking to you from Forza 4? Very curious. I'm not too familar with Forza 4.

No, as a Forza fan I feel they have pulled a Kaz on us as we'll this year.

The game has improved physics, new U.I, more cars, more tracks, more career events. It improves upon the features that was introduced in GT5, like online features and customization. It will also grow through updates. We've yet to see what course maker brings, especially with the GPS data, and if and when the sound update will come.

I say I cannot comments on physics because I haven't play the game. Different UI is a feature now ? really ? More cars and track sure. I give you that but that doesn't make a better game. Its just make more cars and tracks. A lot of the cars in GT series are sub-par refurbish model with lack of an decent interior model.

Did we really need a new GT so late in the PS3 life cycle ? I would have rather have polyphony spend their time on PS4. The online integration is far behind the competitor. Don't start about damage model and livery editor. The game is GT5.5. Its an improvement over a really great game but it doesn't warrant to be called GT6. I know I am being harsh but I have played the competition and its better game overall. The physics and AI is 1000x better than GT. It normal because there is more computing power and Ps3 has probably been tapped to its maximum.

The only way to protest, i'm afraid the loyal fans that buy it nonetheless outnumber us greatly tough :cheers:

No, as a Forza fan I feel they have pulled a Kaz on us as well this year.
Kaz back in the days of GT3 my good man ;)

I say I cannot comments on physics because I haven't play the game. Different UI is a feature now ? really ? More cars and track sure. I give you that but that doesn't make a better game. Its just make more cars and tracks. A lot of the cars in GT series are sub-par refurbish model with lack of an decent interior model.

Did we really need a new GT so late in the PS3 life cycle ? I would have rather have polyphony spend their time on PS4. The online integration is far behind the competitor. Don't start about damage model and livery editor. The game is GT5.5. Its an improvement over a really great game but it doesn't warrant to be called GT6. I know I am being harsh but I have played the competition and its better game overall. The physics and AI is 1000x better than GT. It normal because there is more computing power and Ps3 has probably been tapped to its maximum.

And now I don't agree with you. First of all, don't start the flame war between the two games. I have also played all of the Forzas and GTs and I don't agree with the first one being better. Let's leave it at that, opinions are different.

Also, GT so late in PS3 life cycle there is an obvious answer for this. First of all, huge installment base. Second, 2 GTs in a generation was always a thing. Third, Why would you move on to the next gen, when you didn't really do your job on this gen (GT5 being the 'fail', or whatever you call it).

To finish this up, I really don't like the way you are generalizing that Forza is a better game, and in the next sentence you say you didn't even play it. What the hell is this? Is it a thing nowadays? As I have played F1-4 and GT1-6, I don't agree with you.

P.S I really liked the part, where you said that Forza's physics are much better, and then that you didn't play GT6. Just stop it please. Symtex meant GT5.

No, as a Forza fan I feel they have pulled a Kaz on us as we'll this year.

Let's just hope, it's only because it's a launch title. This is why I'm glad GT isn't one.

New U.I. is not a new "feature" but it's completely different to that of GT5. You're referring the game as to GT5.5, which I would "partially" agree if everything did look similar. New U.I and faster loading times all adds to a new experience and to me, it certainly helps to keep things feel fresh. The way I view it, GT5.5 is like saying it's the same game, but patched. Imagine... even if it brings more content and features to your liking, wouldn't it still feel a bit like GT5.5 if it had the same U.I and everything? It's like patching the game if that's the case.

The fact that you bought Forza 5 after Forza 4 make it seem to me, that the groundbreaking feature you need is graphics, which if that's the case, I'll agree with. A lot of people out there just want to jump into next generation. Other than that, you can't really talk about the physics being 1000x better if you haven't played it yet. A.I. you can probably already tell, but I doubt it's 1000x better elsewhere, even if that's just an expression.

All of this means nothing to me without, competative AI, livery editor, realistic sounding cars and bad frame rate.

All of this means nothing to me without, competative AI, livery editor, realistic sounding cars and bad frame rate.

I wonder how did you end up here then. GT series never had competative Ai, livery editor, realistic sounding cars (which is of course, a game breaker for most and partially - me).

So, again, how did you end up in GT's forums and even know about this game if without those things - everything is not significant?

Alright, I've been playing for about 1.5 hours so far... Only completed the first two novice races and bought my first car. My initial impressions:

I love the new intro movie.
I love the updates to the standard cars.
I love the new physics.
I love the updated tracks, lighting, birds flying in the sky... chequered flag guy, etc.
From what I've heard so far, the soundtrack is brilliant. Lots of good electronic tracks. 👍
I hate the fact that you're forced to buy that damn Honda Fit, and the game will not allow me to sell it. Really daft decision.
I dislike the rolling starts.

I know these have all been discussed before, but given I have not even had the chance to play the demo, and I've been deliberately avoiding leaked videos of the full game... Experiencing all of this for the first time was great. I was prepared to feel disappointed with this game, as I was with GT5... But I'm loving it so far. Nice job PD. 👍

Fair, but my point is the qualification of why I think GT6 deserves its own title, not GT5.5, in comparison to how other racing series have shown. My statement are all personal opinions of course.

The way I look at it is how it has improved over its own ,previous version, NOT what other games has and GT doesn't. In that case, other games would mean nothing to me, because it doesn't have night racing, weather, course maker, etc.

Haven't read many reviews but i agree with most of the opinions on the Eurogamer review.

EDIT: Just watched the IGN review and also agree with most said on there!

Last edited:

Same. I initially disagreed with it, but the more I thought about it, it's pretty fair.

Majority of the sounds, standards, A.I. and damage still being below today's standard are all things the casual will heavily critique on, and only the hardcore will understand and be fine with it. I'm one of those hardcore ones so those things I'm going to put my judgement on hold because I expect the game to improve over time. As is, I can't say I disagree with IGN's critique.

Compared to Ign Benelux' review the US review seems a bit shallow. At least that's how I feel.

Compared to Ign Benelux' review the US review seems a bit shallow. At least that's how I feel.

That's actually exactly how I feel at first, but the points made from the US one is hard to argue against because it's true (A.I, standards, sounds, damage). He definitely can go more in-depth, but those points are proven popular in comparing between different racing gamse.

I only disagree with it, because as hardcore fan, I see and appreciate the positives of the game, which to me are plenty.

I wonder how did you end up here then. GT series never had competative Ai, livery editor, realistic sounding cars (which is of course, a game breaker for most and partially - me).

So, again, how did you end up in GT's forums and even know about this game if without those things - everything is not significant?

I bought every GT up until 5 day one. That how you end up here. When I joined here a livery editor wasn't in most racing games and in the PS2 era I could live with the sounds. Can't really remember the AI in GT4. Guess it was bad back then but atleast there were so many races you didn't have to grind the same race over and over.

Anyway, times have changed and I expect more from a big developer now then I did back in 2004. Stuck around in the hope that GT6 would bring the needed changes and even when I knew change wasn't going to come, I stuck around with false hope because deep down I've always been a GT fanboy. Disapointment is now finally big enough and you will slowly see me fade away from GTP.

I bought every GT up until 5 day one. That how you end up here. When I joined here a livery editor wasn't in most racing games and in the PS2 era I could live with the sounds. Can't really remember the AI in GT4. Guess it was bad back then but atleast there were so many races you didn't have to grind the same race over and over.

Anyway, times have changed and I expect more from a big developer now then I did back in 2004. Stuck around in the hope that GT6 would bring the needed changes and even when I knew change wasn't going to come, I stuck around with false hope because deep down I've always been a GT fanboy. Disapointment is now finally big enough and you will slowly see me fade away from GTP.

To be honest, I don't think you could've said it any better. Well, I hope you'll comeback to the series in the future, because that would mean livery, A.I., and sound have finally reach the competition's level.

While I've always wished for those things, there are a lot of things about GT that's unique that helps me overcome it and continue to play it.

Physics ? Yes Car and tracks ? well, they have less of them but they are all done with next-gen. That included laser scan track. All done from the ground up. That kinda explain the lower number of them. Is there feature missing ? Sure is and you can read all about it on the Forza section.

Its not that we don't have our complaint about Forza. There is plenty of critique to be had but as far as gameplay is concern, the physic is really a huge improvement. You can really feel the difference between cars.

Back