GT6 Sales Discussion

Well after being well and truly screwed over for my bonus pre-order content from gamestop! I've just this minute ordered the Anniversary edition from amazon, wish I'd have done this to begin with! So that's two from me! And I've had at least one of all the other GT games. PD can do no wrong in my book, best racing, no best games ever!

Watching this video I noticed Gt5 sounds seem to have a HUGE amount of hiss to them. I am not talking about the wind sounds, they are just 90% hiss. There is also a lack of any distinct Turbo soudns blow-off reverb etc. People want that stuff exxagerated, and GT5 underplays these even compared to real life.

In real life your brain would filter out most of the hiss anyway I really think they should tone down their realism aspect of sounds and go for more brute sounds.

Based on this it's the exact reason I'm jumping to PC looking at that trailer along with a few others in the Vs. GT6 series of videos it's becoming clear that PS3 will forever just be a bad memory for PD, and that they must fight back to regain the throne.

I don't give a **** how much of a fanboy anyone wants to be when it comes to PD, but if you still think they got the throne think again it's been lost, and unless GT7 makes a STRONG statement I don't see it coming back anytime soon.

I said this before GT had it with GT1-4 because they got the jump on everyone, but people have finally caught up, and now overtaking.

Edit: Although the graphics aren't PC Game>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GT6

It is clear that Graphics are better in that particular game plus the track(PC) looks more full of life.

if you put "realistic" damage in this game, most people would maybe make it past 3 corners without blowing the car up... then you would all be here whining about how difficult it is...
Forza has this and community created 24 hours endurance races run smoothly with simulation damage enabled.

What? I've seen nothing but good reviews and good press about it.
Ive only heard good reviews and good press on GT6 as well.

That is, until I came here.

There will always be people who dislike games, no matter how perfect it is.

I think FM5 looks great but I've seen many negative reviews on here.

I also think GT6 is great but obviously many on here disagree about that as well. To each his own.

In answer to your questions:

Where is the livery editor?
It would be nice, but not vital. If that's literally the only thing that matters for you in a game then there is this game called 'Need for Speed' which has been knocking about for a while.

Where is the event creator?
In the online lobby, last time I checked.

Where are the leader boards?
Some have been introduced on licence tests, and there were online leaderboards on Prologue. Not to far fetched to imagine they're on the way.

Where are the non "stage based" tuning options?
There are plently of tuning options, that's one part of the game that there is very little need to fiddle with.

Where is the improved AI?
Although improved, it could definitely still go further. Whether the AI is good or not, there is hardly ever any satisfaction in beating anything other than a real human, which is why so many people choose to race online.

Where are the sound improvements?
Some have come, others on the way. Cheers for bothering to read my post so carefully.

Where is damage?
Like others have said, improved. However, I recommend just not crashing into things then this is no longer an issue.

Why is that so hard for you to believe?

Only 1.25 million out of GT5 sales played online...from PD..

Stop making excuses other race games had great AI (Race 07, shift, Forza 5).

Sound is atrocious so is the biggest part of the game off line career mode.

In answer to your questions:

Where is the livery editor?
It would be nice, but not vital. If that's literally the only thing that matters for you in a game then there is this game called 'Need for Speed' which has been knocking about for a while.

Kaz wants us to buy NFS instead of GT?

:lol:

This is one of his visions I never heard until now.

Career mode is not disastrous. There are many things I'd like to see added but it's far better than GT5 and FM4 (I haven't tried FM5 yet, heard it's career is better though.)
I agree, I have really enjoyed the career mode in GT6, much better than GT5 and FM4.
FM4 is much longer, tons of races but IMO they are all boring and aggravating, horrible AI and far to easy. In the time I played Forza 4 I maybe ran a dozen or so of the career races and can't say I enjoyed any of them.

Rivals mode in FM4 is pretty good and online racing is pretty good career mode in FM4 is not worth playing unless you do not have internet.

So far I have been liking almost every race in GT6, I like the new tracks and even the old ones seem better some how, I know a few people who have played Forza for years but have passed on FM5 in favor of GT6 and are loving it.

GT needs to be cleaned up a bit, but look at the **** pile that is forza5

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/gran-turismo-6
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/forza-motorsport-5

And personally, I really like GT6. Yes it does have legacy issues and whatnot, but as a game is on another league from GT5 and to me that's what I want from videogames per se. To give a score, considering the hardware it was released for, the audience, the upcoming May patch and that a perfect score in this is as rare as in movies, so far it's a 8.5 to 9/10.

On the other hand, that's a personal score based on what I like and on what I think are minor issues for me, though very important for others. For example reviewers trashed OutRun 2006, which for me is a 10/10. At the same time, the 8.5 to 9.0 score doesn't mean perfection and the bar is increased with each year and with each new competitor, this being the main reason why I didn't like GT5 as it was way behind the times.

Last edited:
It says NFS on the cover of my version.

But is it? Did you know that The Run was released the same year at the usual time of the year as any other NFS title while Shift 2 was released around March/April.

Point is, NFS doesn't have a livery editor anymore.

But is it? Did you know that The Run was released the same year at the usual time of the year as any other NFS title while Shift 2 was released around March/April.

Point is, NFS doesn't have a livery editor anymore.

I'd say it is. But not in the typical sense. Hence the reason it was dropped. Too 'hardcore' for the typical NFS crowd.

And yeah your right, I guess arcade games don't need livery editors? Watch that guy rush into the 'we want a livery editor' thread :lol:

Career mode is not disastrous.

It's structured even worse than GT5's, for starters; in addition to being even more linear than the previous title and with the exact same problems with event design. Despite all of the ballyhooing PD made about removing the level system, no less.

FM4 is much longer, tons of races but IMO they are all boring and aggravating, horrible AI and far to easy.

Next you're going to tell me that GT6 is difficult.

:lol:

Review scores mean nothing to me. My favorite fighting game of all time, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, was either ignored or, in IGN's case, trashed for a confusing menu and controls (Controls that took me an hour to get used to).

I think PD would be happy with 5 million copies sold all things connsidered.

I was racing with the clio last night and i just git really really annoyed with the hoover sound, It really is a joke.

They could fix this short term very easily, When i drove passed the Lotus Europa it had a nice rasp to the exhaust as have a few other cars, PD should get rid of the hoover sound and put the exhaust sound in all views cockpit, bumper view etc

PD is extremely biased towards some manufacturers over others. Listen to the sounds of the BMW M3 GT and it's Z4 twin, then listen to the Mercedes GT (it's similar to the Z4). Why couldn't they give the BMW's the same sound as the Merc?

What needs to happen, and Kaz would HAVE to act on this, is for the manufacturers to veto any licensing for inclusion in any future releases of the GT franchises untill they sort the ******g engine sounds out. If I was the head honch at Ferrari or BMW, I'd sue PD. Heads would role. It's a total p**s take for some of Bavaria's finest to end up sounding like Outrun on the ZX Spectrum!

It's structured even worse than GT5's, for starters; in addition to being even more linear than the previous title and with the exact same problems with event design. Despite all of the ballyhooing PD made about removing the level system, no less.

I much prefer it to GT5; the events are more varied (night races, races in the rain for RWD only, timed races).

Plus I've yet to have to grind. And when I do it'll be for money, not stars. I've had no trouble at all going extremely quickly through the levels, the only thing keeping me back is that I can't afford any of the cars.

You may not like it's linear nature but at least there's variety. Every single race I ever did in career mode on Forza felt exactly the same, there was never any nighttime challenges and there were never any races in the rain. No timed races, no enduros, nothing.

As well as the karting championships, off road racing, and more which was not included in any good fashion in GT5, has been integrated much better in GT6.

They need to fix the bugs and put this on PS4 ASAP. I know people who refuse to buy games for an "old" system. I absolutely REFUSE to buy NASCAR 2014 when it hits early next year. Simply because they will not step up and put it on next gen systems.

On PS4? Crazy idea! PS4 does not need this cock up.

Am I the only one finding the lighting at night, whether from the headlights or the light poles, that "star" thing annoying? It's horrendous. Load up SSR7, each light pole has that PS2 era non-sense.

On PS4? Crazy idea! PS4 does not need this cock up.
You need to relax. Calling a game a cock-up, especially one which isn't, isn't going to solve anything. It's only going to anger other users.

You should look at GT5 sales for example. 5 million when it's released (from late November 2010 to the end of the year) which was expected given the anticipation but despite the negativity around the initial release, it maintained a respectable 1.9mil copies 2011 and even saw an increase to 2.4mil copies in 2012:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7678/gran-turismo-5/Global/

I don't think GT6 will sell in those numbers but who knows. GT6 like GT5P is aimed primarily for the fanbase. At the same time, being one of the last games on the PS3 will make it attractive to those who are not planning on moving to next-gen console anytime soon (like me). And even I haven't bought my copy yet (and I'm a big GT fan- it's the ONLY GAME I play) not because of I was disappointed by GT5 but because I'm waiting till Xmas when I have more time to play (or that someone would leave a copy under the tree).

I cannot imagine PS4 sold so much. GT6 will come close to GT5 numbers. GT6 has got long legs too once the PS4 hype fades out.

Interest in the PS3 isn't going to get any higher from here on out. GT6 has probably been pretty lucky so far that most of the PS4's big name games got delayed until next year.

Probably lost a lot of sales to Forza 5. I know I went back and forth between the two. In the end though I was just to damn cheap to buy a new console :)

Back