GT6 Screenshots / Videos

• Thread starter BkS
  • 10,029 comments
It's very strange given they have samples that could do the job.

Sound balance is one thing, but I also think that the auto-clutch script is responsible for the absense of exciting shift sounds, because there doesn't seem to be any throttle while the clutch is disengaged.

Compare with this video of the Red Bull Junior driven with manual clutch, you can hear the rpm quickly rising while the clutch is disengaged, similar to what you hear in the PCars video.

If they just rescripted the clutch to allow for throttle inputs while the clutch is going from disengaged to engaged it would go a long way to make the sounds more exciting.

Here is short video from a crude driving simulator that I made a few weeks ago, there's just one engine sample and the volume is determined by the throttle while the pitch (and playback speed) is determined by the rpm. Because I had a manual clutch I could go on the throttle while the clutch was disengaged and it made shifting rather exciting (in comparison to the rest of the simulation :P)

Sound balance is one thing, but I also think that the auto-clutch script is responsible for the absense of exciting shift sounds, because there doesn't seem to be any throttle while the clutch is disengaged.

Compare with this video of the Red Bull Junior driven with manual clutch, you can hear the rpm quickly rising while the clutch is disengaged, similar to what you hear in the PCars video.

If they just rescripted the clutch to allow for throttle inputs while the clutch is going from disengaged to engaged it would go a long way to make the sounds more exciting.

Here is short video from a crude driving simulator that I made a few weeks ago, there's just one engine sample and the volume is determined by the throttle while the pitch (and playback speed) is determined by the rpm. Because I had a manual clutch I could go on the throttle while the clutch was disengaged and it made shifting rather exciting (in comparison to the rest of the simulation :P)

Very nice! The whole drivetrain simulation needs an overhaul, so I'd hope that kind of thing would be a part of it.

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_12.jpg

GT6 looks great for a PS3 game while Project Cars looks great for a next gen title. The most striking disparity however is that the engine sound in GT6 is simply horrendous. How PD thought that was the best sample is unforgivable
Yeah P-Cars sounds great given that example. Roll on March 20th, I'll be getting it for my X1

I made this for a race series I was in last year, it didn't go down too well with some of the people there so I didn't make another one.
I tried (only had a phone for a camera) to capture and convey the events of the whole race. I had limited time and very limited input from others so I mostly focused on my own race.
(I should point out that I'm driving the green Bentley)

After some initial lap incidents my race was one of mostly recovery, which in the end I was pretty happy with. Enjoy!

Here's my Civic picture. (I took the picture 2 months before my PS3 died)
Special Stage Route X.jpg

This picture shows a replica of Fast and Furious 2 Golden Civic which I have done.

Here's my Civic picture. (I took the picture 2 months before my PS3 died)
View attachment 332633

This picture shows a replica of Fast and Furious 2 Golden Civic which I have done.
If you need to fix your PS3 I wrote a HUGE guide. Hopefully it can help you http://www.teamshmo.com/guides/how-to-fix-yellow-light-of-death-ylod-ps3-full-guide/

I got a ton of new videos up, but here is one that is a little more interesting. B-Spec getting into a dogfight in a 1000hp Saleen

Back