not going to happen. honestly the LESS we play will show we given up. so y'all need to Keep Calm and carry On. anyways we are just a small fraction of GT players. I doubt it will affect anything.I hereby propose a 1 week boycott of all Gran Turismo 6 (GT6) online server activities.
Starting on March 1st and concluding on March 8th at midnight local time, we the people of GTPlanet (GTP) will have our voices heard.
As server activity is monitored by both PD and Sony, this is our chance to let it be known our dissatisfaction with: 1) GT6 as an unfinished product; and 2) PD's poor communication with its customers. Edit: More specifically, regarding in-game bugs, missing features, and upcoming content.
Please keep this thread clean and void of any negativity or hostility toward Kaz and PD, to ensure our message can spread.
Together, our voices will be heard. We come in peace to remind those at the top, that we, the paying customers, are the ones that truly have the power.
Please show your support for the cause by liking this post!
Edit: Don't forget, even logging in just for the bonus counts as "server activity".
This boycott idea is pathetic and flawed.
- Firstly, the number of people participating in the boycott is tiny and insignificant. The majority of online players are either casual gamers, and therefore not on GTplanet or other GT forums, or hardcore GT players - all of whom will play online regardless.
- Secondly, it's a proposed 7 day boycott. What is the point? I could understand it if it was a permanent boycott until PD delivered everything you want from GT6 - whether that means 3 months or longer, but 7 days?! Why even bother?
- Even if there was a measurable drop in online usage (which there won't be), how would that affect PD? They don't care. If anything they would probably be happy to be able to reduce their server output for a week.
- Furthermore, PD would not put 2 and 2 together even if they did notice lower online usage.
- Finally, they don't care. Having a couple of people boycott playing the game isn't going to make them work any faster or release any updates or content until it's ready. You're just punishing yourselves.
I recommend forgetting about your little computer game mutiny, putting your controller and keyboard down for a couple of days, and spending some time doing normal outdoor things for a bit. It's a $50 video game kids - it's really not that important.
Erm. His points are more valid than the idea of 15 people not playing GT6...But it's important enough for you to come on here, read this entire thread, and then make a big huge post explaining why it won't work, and even if it did work, still PD wouldn't care. LOL.. I think you care more than the people you are telling to "go outside", and "it's only a game".. etc..
BTW I don't care either way and never thought it would work, so don't start with me.
It has done something.It's funny how you guys think this is going to do anything.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_biasIs there actually more people playing now than days before? My impression...
Great, I'm so pumped for this VGT I can't contain myself. The first 2 were so awesome that I may have to call off work for the next week.Oh crap...
Jordan said that we should see the VGT this Friday...
This means all the people boycotting will feel like they have actually accomplished something....
Fair enough, I came here to let them know this would not work, and show, statistically, server activity has actually gone up.Great, I'm so pumped for this VGT I can't contain myself. The first 2 were so awesome that I may have to call off work for the next week.
If you guys are having so much fun being an anti-boycotter why the need to post in here again and again? If you aren't down with the boycott go post in another thread or make a new one.
Just because someone's opinion differs from yours does not mean you have to receive them with so much animosity. Differences are what make each of us special. Just accept that you have a different opinion than that of the original poster. Humanity is ****ing doomed
You showed what?