GT6 server boycott: March 1-8

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by grannyshifter, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forzaturismo

forzaturismo

i just play offline; testing cars.:)

2. Lawndart

Lawndart

Shame really, I rather enjoyed posting all my non sence there...

There really is very little else to discuss as GT 6 is played out for most part in its current state... But without any communication from PD or any news at all, I suppose I'll blame pd for it being closed as they leave us little options beyond thrashing.

3. Lambob

Lambob

I've worked at business establishments that were owned and regulated by the rich Dynasty cultures from Asia and Japan. It is spelled clearly in Kaz' recent documentary, the Virtual divide, where Kaz spoke about how Sony granted him 'freedom' to take and cultivate his game on his own merits. It is clear, that this 'freedom' comes at a price, and a Very Short leash. As soon as Sony discovered the failed Microtransaction system that graced our 60" consumer TV's in full screen glory at the PSN store, Coupled with the fact that exploits were found in day1 to amass free virtual coin (not even crypto'd) , add to the fact that PS3 Fats were spontaneously combusting across the nation,

well I'll just end by saying that in ancient times, generals were beheaded for far far lesser reasons.

Kaz is being punished and we're suffering. should we offer support and are we capable of changing the influence that comes from their culture and understanding? should we let it be? should we live and let die? is this the end of GT?(nah) or is Kaz trolling us hard by saying, 'meh, the Vision GT page is still all black, and there is a schedule to fill them in slowly in the next two years, so we have time to nourish the game during that entire time'?

Should we be happy with what we have? Will this small boycott cause a butterfly effect?

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Staff Emeritus

It is a shame but it was becoming platform for self-indulgent nonsense and sometimes amputation is the only solution to stem the tide of infection. Your contributions were interesting and offered some good insights - I hope we'll be graced with more of that as the story unfolds. :tup:

5. flynch3211

flynch3211

If I read this correctly, you think that Sony is punishing Kaz for the exploits and the failed microtransactions. Much as we are suffering and praying whoever's god for an update right now, Kaz is probably praying every known deity on Earth right now because he's also a victim.

Sony punished him because they do not like what THEY have put in place to start with. i'm pretty sure Kaz didn't want to have this microtransaction system in place, well maybe not the way we had it. Fat PS3's are blowing up? most of them are either custom FW or have had their HDD replaced. For some reason, the unit doesn't accept the game when these modifications were done on the decks. Who allowed that to happen again? who allows the user to install Linux on these things?

Sony is to blame for most of what we see now, KAZ is innocent, as he was the messenger and you well that a messenger shouldn't be shot

GregOr1971 likes this.
  6. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Are we still getting an update tomorrow or after tomorrow or is that out of the window.

7. forzaturismo

forzaturismo

wait n see............:ouch:

8. ChipChaserJ

ChipChaserJ

um, wouldn't make more sense to over flood the servers? all you are doing by boycotting is saving them money.

also support for gran turismo makes it a stronger brand. if we all pitch in with acts of defiance then we the consumer are the ones that suffer. this would make sense only if you are a forza fan.

9. Ferrari458Italia

Ferrari458Italia Premium

this is really sad that we actually have to come this far.. I mean honestly, when did we hear anything new regarding GT6? 3 months ago? lol.

whatever happened to PD being about its fans? either way though I havent played this game in a solid 2 months now so count me in!!

and I'm honestly just looking forward to Project CARS now at this point

LVracerGT likes this.
  10. Vagabond

Vagabond Staff Emeritus

It has never been said anywhere by anyone that we are getting an update tomorrow.

forzaturismo likes this.
  11. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Weren't we supposed to be expecting something by Friday if my memory serves me correctly?

Darragh likes this.
  12. Vagabond

Vagabond Staff Emeritus

Car asset from BMW

13. timbomat1

timbomat1 (Banned)

[​IMG]

This is what PD has taught me.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  14. Darren.

Darren.

I'll be in on this boycott, should be pretty easy as GT6 is on a shelf collecting dust- and inevitably waiting to be sold. I really expected PD to pull out all the stops on this one, to make GT6 the game that could be better than a next gen launch title (FM5), but they have currently let me down. Wake me up in 6 months to tell me if GT6 has become good. :lol:

research and mister dog like this.
  15. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Pearls of wisdom right there.

Oh mis-understood then, :cheers:

16. Raggadish

Raggadish

So the update is coming tomorrow thursday, yeah? You don't want to update a game the day before the employees going of work for the weekend. It's unusual but not unheard of.

17. BWX

BWX

The other thing PD/Kaz has taught me:
    Never believe a word that comes out of Kaz's mouth.

18. Vagabond

Vagabond Staff Emeritus

I don't understand where any of you are getting this idea that an update is coming tomorrow? Or why you still think it after a post by me that says the opposite:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-server-boycott-march-1-8.304100/page-13#post-9421133

READ

Ignorance will lead to bitter disappointment. ;)

forzaturismo likes this.
  19. lGNAl

lGNAl

You know what they say "no news is good news" ... *gets a good beating* :crazy: ... ok bad news bad, very bad.

20. Whistle Snap

Whistle Snap

Gran Turismo / McLaren partnership announcement tomorrow at MTC

[​IMG]

21. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Oh. My. Gosh. :drool:

22. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Is that real? :drool:

diegorborges likes this.
  23. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

MTC?

24. Wantok

Wantok

research likes this.
  25. Griffith500

Griffith500

MP4/4, MP4/5 and MP4/8.

That picture doesn't appear to exist anywhere else on the internets...

EDIT: wait, what thread is this? :dunce:

26. Convergent

Convergent

KEWL, source?

27. Tarkata

Tarkata

I haven`t read every post here but let me just leave my opinion and suggestion..
    This boycott will have 0 effect sadly..

My personal boycott has been decided already, I`m not going to buy any more products from PD, that way I don`t support anymore their way of doings things. I`m happy that many other racing simulation games are in the market (or coming), so for me I don`t feel the need to have GT7 and any other future games from them.. GT6 sales were low has it is, and sadly, I hope GT7 gets a catastrophic failure on sales. Ignoring customers can be worst then not releasing content. I have grown up around the GT series, GT1 was my first game. I`m I feel very sad to have to be so mad against this company.

In my country we have a saying "Tu deitas-te na cama que fazes" wish means "You lie down on the bed that you do". Pd made their bed, now I hope they sleep on it with a lesson from the costumers.

research likes this.
  28. ukfan758

ukfan758

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
    I really hope that we get some McLaren F1 cars in GT6! :D:D:D

29. metramt8

metramt8

Really? OMG. Source?

30. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Premium

Reverse image search came back with nothing, can you reveal your source or must we wait until tomorrow.

If you know, do you have an time when this is supposed to be announced?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.