GT6 server boycott: March 1-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
inb4 everyone forgives Kaz and PD. But I seriously knew this was coming at some point anyways.

If this is true, than I think all of these boycotters mouths just shut up...... after falling to the floor over the beauty :drool:

He also said: "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." ;)

He also said: 'the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and hoping for a different result'
and: 'condemnation prior to investigation is what keeps us in ignorance'
and I'm almost certain he said:
'you have to stand on the side of the mountain with your mouth open a bloody long time before a roast duck
flies into it'
I could be mistaken about the last one.:):gtpflag:

Happily signed the petition. I definitely share the feelings most of you seem to be conveying. PD has dropped the ball and something must be done. Alienating your fans will only lead to disaster and the resulting downfall will only give themselves to blame.
After all these years, the last thing I want to see is my favorite game series disappear, but without support from those who made it, they will receive no support from those, like myself, who have been around since the beginning. I sincerely hope PD realizes this and sets a new and better standard for themselves.

What happened to the "It's almost March..." thread then?
Add a sub-text that those opinions have to have at least some relevance to the subject at hand and not simply be self-indulgent spam. 2-0 to me.

OK let's attempt to get this thread back on topic before a God *cough* Mod decides that we've strayed to far from the AUP...

I wonder how well this boycott is truly going... The true numbers of GTP on gt6 seems to be a drop in the bucket. Plenty of lobbies, plenty of fun. Why must people cry like toddlers over things they were TOLD they can't have YET. Not that it isn't coming but that it isn't here yet... You were told what you were getting out of the box, you had the information to make an informed decision before you went and put down X amount of denomination on a copy... Please for the love of god, please just stop. If you are not happy, go and hide your game or sell your game and wait for the "Full" game to be released. Don't presume to tell someone how to make something they designed. They (PD) have not cheated, lied, or decieved you. Let's see you code a game on this scale, even using preexisting resources (standard model cars), just on your own and see how well you do.

This boycott just feels infantile, the collective crying of privileged children. I fully accept and encourage your means of protest, this is your right, but you must also accept my views on the subject.

You knew what you were buying
This is not your game

Have a wonderful day GTP :gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

It is sad when a moderator calls the opinions of the forum members "spam". I guess we are only allowed to love PD and GT6 around here.
Its sad when members feel they have the right to just post slow-chat and nonsense unrelated to anything in the topic - it was such as them who necessitated the topic closure, not those who had a genuine point to make. If you read the actual content of the thread, you'll see that it was me who personally nurse-maided it for two weeks because I felt such a discussion was necessary for the community. Many valid points were made from both camps and with freedom of expression, so long as the arguments were relevant and within the site rules of posting.

Go and read through it again, particularly the last two pages, then refresh your perspective. And if you want to call me out in public, or any other staff member for that matter, do some research first. Throwing your ill-conceived opinions around will only make you look foolish.

Why are people posting the Macca picture of Senna's cars...? I hope they don't think that those are coming to GT just because of Senna content promised that PD even said only gave them rights up to 1987...

Also Macca doesn't have a title sponsor for their F1 team so it could be in regards to that, or perhaps the 20th Anni of Senna's passing...I mean people should still boycott regardless of if they say something is coming out or not.

Add a sub-text that those opinions have to have at least some relevance to the subject at hand and not simply be self-indulgent spam. 2-0 to me.
fry.jpg

You knew what you were buying
This is not your game
So if GT6 is not my game that means I can return it to get a full refund because it is not a full game and I am disappointed with the game.

Last edited:
I'll continue my pattern of not even firing up GT6.

I play GTAV online with friends and some Minecraft builds with my kids.

I race on iRacing. Dabble with Assetto Corsa and hoon around on the next car game.

PC Racing > console

However with a proper update, I'd fire up GT6 again. Will always be a GT fan. Been so since day 1 on the series.

Wait a sec... is there one single scrap of info suggesting that photo from the MTC is anything to do with Gran Turismo, or are people just setting themselves up for a fall?
Why are people posting the Macca picture of Senna's cars...? I hope they don't think that those are coming to GT just because of Senna content promised that PD even said only gave them rights up to 1987...

Also Macca doesn't have a title sponsor for their F1 team so it could be in regards to that, or perhaps the 20th Anni of Senna's passing...I mean people should still boycott regardless of if they say something is coming out or not.
I've been thinking about that picture @Whistle Snap posted last night, and I feel it's only to troll to hype people. Yep. My pessimistic attitude will become way worse if it was to troll, but it won't since I'm not believing it. :sly:

Oh noes, the internet police will get me!

oh please.... they have to catch people with computer that does illegal operations... they won't be running after you for the moment

They should add mors than just one brand of F1's if this gets real. Competition will be better than just opne make cars on the grid. Mc Larens and ferraris, maybe?

I'm also surprised that the partnership with Redbull racing hasn't give them the right to use Vettel's F1 cars too.

That would be a reason to grind money for, lets say that we establish a price at 5mil a car??

(The price and the whole concept right now is speculation and is not coming from an actual source, I am merely imagining all this. The Discalaimer has been passed. )

If this is true, than I think all of these boycotters mouths just shut up...... after falling to the floor over the beauty :drool:

If I take what was posted as some kind of reality. Which it probably isn't. If it was, somebody would have probably created it's own thread rather than posting about it in here with all the whining moaning entitled crying boycotters. ;)

But if I take it as truth and those 3 cars are coming to the game. YES, I will be very excited to drive them. But the problem is they will be just 3 more awesome cars in a game full of awesome cars. So no, I don't think the people will "shut up over the beauty" and suddenly forget about the list of features that haven't shown up yet. What good is more cars, no matter how great they are, if you're still struggling to find things to do with them?

Gran Turismo / McLaren partnership announcement tomorrow at MTC

1655677_10152224218931413_506696944_o.jpg

No source? No story :)

The same stage is visible from a different angle on a photo on the official McLaren twitter account. They don't say what the stage is for though...

Edit: the originally posted picture is probably taken from the McLaren FB page

Last edited:
I don't understand where any of you are getting this idea that an update is coming tomorrow? Or why you still think it after a post by me that says the opposite:

I see a new car as an update, wasen't it being said last friday that we might have a new car within seven days? I'm not talking about a update containing features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back