GT6 server boycott: March 1-8

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by grannyshifter, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monatsende

Monatsende

So 2 days left and we can run down PD´s GT6 servers again? (aka move from GT5 to GT6 servers)

2. Fryto

Fryto

ah, oops, missed that :)

3. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

:D:tup:

4. LVracerGT

LVracerGT

So, you're going to just forgive PD for adding a couple F1 cars? Have fun with your continued disappointment. It's possible that PD could surprise everyone but given what others have said about the anniversary of Senna's death, it's unlikely, especially when their FB page says "A collection of iconic cars back in the limelight at MTC." I'm willing to bet it has nothing to do with GT.

Besides, a couple cars is not enough to forgive the empty promises and cluster:censored: we currently have going on right now with GT6.

5. lGNAl

lGNAl

So when the BMW VGT car comes and there's no update or mention of it, what are you guys/girls going to do ?

6. LVracerGT

LVracerGT

I'll be attempting to get my money back, then waiting for pCARS while I play FIFA on PS4

7. X3N0D3ATH

X3N0D3ATH

You quoted me here but I think you forgot what you quoted as you were typing.

You knew what you were buying.

They told you up front what was included at release. Please don't get all whiny because yet again its not "finished"... What you got was finished product, the things that aren't there is what as know as Planned DLC.

McLOVIN5489 and GBO Possum like this.
  8. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

That made me think for a moment. Could one get their money back on a game that's already dropping in price? Assuming you mean a full refund, can it be done? Truthfully I wouldn't expect less then half of what you bought it for, unfortunately.

lGNAl likes this.
  9. TRC GeorgiaDawg

TRC GeorgiaDawg

Uh huh, didn't I just read you in a photomode thread basically complaining that PD "Should've added new phototravel locations"? Yep I did. So I get, your important thoughts on what's wrong with the game and what needs to be added are all important. Yet people who have been patiently waiting for too long on advertised features to be installed into the game and try to express their opinions about it are "crying toddlers" and infantile. Good stuff. You feel better after that rant?

Funny trend I'm finding. A noticeable percentage of the people I see coming into these threads to complain that others have complaints and how people are entitled crybabies and all that tired drivel seem to be people who mainly post about photomode. And most of the features people are waiting on are more on track related. Wonder how many of those people would be "crying" a storm had PD decided to dangle photomode for a indefinite period of time as "coming soon...maybe"?

10. LVracerGT

LVracerGT

I called Sony when the game first came out, and they told me I would have to go to the retail store I purchased the game from first (Gamestop for me) and if they refused then I would have to call Sony back. It shouldn't be a hard case to make, the box and the website are full of features PD promised that haven't arrived 3 full months after release. It's false advertising.

11. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

I don't know about you, but Gamestop has never been reliable to me, they probably will refuse.

Who knows, there's no deadline for when the features do arrive so it's all in patience. I mean, it isn't that far into false advertising if they blatantly said it's coming at a later date. Then again, not everyone knows this.

12. LVracerGT

LVracerGT

I've had pretty good experiences with gamestop, but I've never tried to return a new game, only used.

Yes, it was stated that certain features would come "later" but you only knew that if you were a regular here or kept up with the press conferences held by Sony/PD. However, they also said we would be getting a track per month, 2 updates in January (we only got one, IIRC) and we were also told there would be an update in February which we all know never came.

3 full months after release (at full price) and STILL have broken tuning adjustments, broken online, unstable gameplay (still get full system lock ups and triple beeps while actually driving, mostly at Bathurst) and empty promises. That's reason enough to be dissatisfied and entitled to a refund, IMO.

MOTORTRENDmitch likes this.
  13. X3N0D3ATH

X3N0D3ATH

OK yeah sure Complaining... My words were that I would have liked to be able to use the tracks as full locations. I was not taking the time to just whine about the fact that "I paid 60 whole dollars for this game that I had no say in creating not having every little feature, car, and option
    Available to me" i was voicing an opinion, free from criticism and whining. Read first, call people out second. You look much less stupid that way...

Edit: I'm not going to go so far as to be hypocritical and call you out on a positive contribution to the thread you called me out on. But great sense of community on GTP. Gotta love it here

14. Vagabond

Vagabond Staff Emeritus

Another conversation best taken to PM please.

Normalaatsra likes this.
  15. X3N0D3ATH

X3N0D3ATH

Had he taken the time to actually do so, I'd have no problems. He chooses to cross thread troll me on positive contributions. I have no problems taking this in private. I apologize for cluttering the thread @Vagabond

16. Darragh

Darragh

I don't want F1 cars, I have F12013 which is well capable of providing f1 simulation on a bug-free endurance racing format. And anyways, I will only rage even more when I bash into the AI who do their Sunday coasting and lose my front wing... Better AI, standing starts, endurance racing, track creator PLEASE!

talkin_2_me and Griffith500 like this.
  17. LVracerGT

LVracerGT

You're giving PD far too much credit, at most it would look crumpled a bit and have no affect on performance. What, do you think PD has the time and budget to make an actual damage model?! Oh, wait...

mister dog, Awong124 and Darragh like this.
  18. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

lol. F1 2013 has just as many bugs. I'll edit a video onto this.

Language warning

CallmeDan likes this.
  19. BWX

BWX

Just to add to this.

I like F1 2013 as well (on PC).. but there is another terrible gfx bug that CM knew about and never fixed that really pisses me off and makes F1 2013 look horrible at times. just a visual gfx bug, but still..

20. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

That's strike one. You may want to check your inbox.

Everyone else, as you were.

21. Swagger897

Swagger897 Premium

Here food for thought, unless mentioned before...
    image.jpg

mister dog, Amac500 and hall90 like this.
  22. HellzFire

HellzFire

Well, i'm boycotting GT6 since January. If they ever fix the second stint bug, i might come back. But one thing i've learned, never buy a PD game on day one ever again. GT6 is a complete failure for me.

OwensRacing, BWX, talkin_2_me and 2 others like this.
  23. eSZee

eSZee

Why would you even post this nonsense without bothering to check any of the backstory?

24. sepulturite81

sepulturite81

I think he may be a bit of an attention seeker! He didn't reply to any of the posts asking for a proper source so I think he was telling porkies looking for attention :p

25. eSZee

eSZee

And we'll have dozens of people who will complain about getting cars we were never promised.

26. sepulturite81

sepulturite81

Yep sounds about right! Gotta love the internet :sly:

27. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

That little, I KNEW IT! Now where did I put that belt.

28. Swagger897

Swagger897 Premium

Wooah Toko... I thought I saw you lost faith in PD but now taking it out on GTP members? Whole new level...

TokoTurismo likes this.
  29. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Trust me when I say this. No one. Ever lies. To Toko. :mischievous:

Nah just playing with ya, but really that guy is getting a belt from me. :lol:

fortbo, MrUnknown and Swagger897 like this.
  30. Amac500

Amac500

The whole people complaining about an unfinished product is a bit ridiculous to me, if not totally. You knew what you were buying into when you bought the game, you knew that there were features to be released via update at some unverified point. Right now the only thing that can really be complained about is that Zahara hasn't been released yet because it was said, by PD, to be released mid-February.

As far as communication goes, this is bad. More than anything I'm surprised that PD hasn't learned to account for their routine tardiness. They should by this point have learned to announce release dates for content that are a good bit after what think they will have it done by. Nobody ever complained about getting an update early, its late content that creates these kind of forums. I just hope that PD isn't going to short out on content for GT6 because they are taking so long. They said they planned consistent updates for at least a year, and the slower flow of updates better not mean that they stop after a year and leave us with less content.

Raggadish and sepulturite81 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.