GT6 server boycott: March 1-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's a bit different though don't you think? Both those companies became "giants" and mainly compete with each other with FPS titles. EA makes a bunch of different games, so does Activision. PD makes one game, GT.

P.S. EA got awarded "the worst American company" the past 2 years in a row IIRC. Do you really want PD to turn into that?
BWX
What's Activision and EA have to do with GT?

There is something "wrong with that". It sucks that Kaz and PD have wrecked the once great GT franchise (for lack of a better term) with their incompetence (or apathy).
Relax you two. there were only my examples, nothing more. :sly:

Bro. Deal with it. ;)

If this was the Forza forum, you'll see how fast the mods will lock up this thread. :lol:
I don't have to "deal with it".

Just pointing out your failure, that's all. haha

Why do moderators allow this kind of threads?? They bring nothing but bad reputation to GTPlanet community...

Because "free speech"... maybe?

If so many people are disappointing in GT series lately, how is that some kind of bad reflection on GTP? I think it's more of a bad reflection on PD.

Last edited:
If this was the Forza forum, you'll see how fast the mods will lock up this thread. :lol:

At T10's site? Some time around the first or second post in my experience. That is, unless you target the OP for the slow times in the middle of the night, and then it might make half a page, lol.

BWX
I don't have to "deal with it".

Just pointing out your failure, that's all.
GASP! Failure!? Why I never. Toko never fails. :lol:
NA
At T10's site? Some time around the first or second post in my experience. That is, unless you target the OP for the slow times in the middle of the night, and then it might make half a page, lol.
Yep. That place. Interesting to know that, haha. ;)

What killed it for me, was when I bought the Boss 302 and drove it around a bit. I thought the dynamics and sound was just aweful. The sound is truly unforgivable at this stage. So bummed. Been considering selling one of my ps3's and getting a 360 and Forza. Thing that sucks about that is my g27 won't work on it! Also considering IRacing again...

What killed it for me, was when I bought the Boss 302 and drove it around a bit. I thought the dynamics and sound was just aweful. The sound is truly unforgivable at this stage. So bummed. Been considering selling one of my ps3's and getting a 360 and Forza. Thing that sucks about that is my g27 won't work on it! Also considering IRacing again...

If the G27 was compatible with Forza I would pick up a 360 and Forza just for something to play until pCARS comes.

Why do moderators allow this kind of threads?? They bring nothing but bad reputation to GTPlanet community...

I don't know why the moderators allow these kinds of posts. They are clearly meant to inflame a already upset bunch of GT players and nothing else. Posts like this are trolling...nothing more. Here's a hint, if you don't want to read people's complaints don't come into a thread that is clearly discussing negative opinions of the game. I bet if I went into a positive thread there wouldn't be anyone calling for those people's opinions to be silenced. :rolleyes:

It's no wonder gaming is in the state it's in these days with so many people not only willing to open their wallets and just take whatever they get, but also will take to the internet like some kind of army to defend these billion dollar corporations from the evil "whiners".

It's no wonder gaming is in the state it's in these days with so many people not only willing to open their wallets and just take whatever they get, but also will take to the internet like some kind of army to defend these billion dollar corporations from the evil "whiners".

Those people that are actually playing and enjoying games, they are obviously ruining the gaming industry.

I understand everyone's frustrations with the "delay" in updates, but I think a boycott is a bit childish. Sure, PD has been far from the model of efficiency latey, but there may be forces beyond their control that are resulting in these halts in progress. All I am just saying is to hold on a little longer.

I don't know why the moderators allow these kinds of posts. They are clearly meant to inflame a already upset bunch of GT players and nothing else. Posts like this are trolling...nothing more. Here's a hint, if you don't want to read people's complaints don't come into a thread that is clearly discussing negative opinions of the game. I bet if I went into a positive thread there wouldn't be anyone calling for those people's opinions to be silenced. :rolleyes:

Can I get an AMEN! :gtpflag:

I mean, it's a legitimate concern. Such behaviors can (and will) drive people away. That's what happened with the GT5 Drift Forum, it was under strict moderation for its unfriendly and negative attitude it portrayed outward and towards new comers. Others simply browsing will and have labeled threads like these "childish". That's makes them not want to take any part in the forum due to an unruly bunch, and thus loss of new people or loss of members visiting the Gran Turismo sub-forums or GTPlanet entirely. Eventually making the forum fall on a bad reputation and losing the interest of people.

It can honestly work the other way around to. Depends on the team you play for on the ball field I suppose.

BWX
Because "free speech"... maybe?

If so many people are disappointing in GT series lately, how is that some kind of bad reflection on GTP? I think it's more of a bad reflection on PD.

Yes yes yes, I really agree on posting those things that are wrong in the game, but planning a Boycott? Really? That's the thing I don't understand to be tolerated, because if this boycott goes big (it won't but just imagine it, it isn't that hard) then someone would be responsible and that would be GTPlanet, no one else.

But keep it up, you may look for your GT information in any other website if something goes wrong...

I find this thread ironic, because I've learning US History (Specifically the American Revolution at the moment). We should all throw our GT6s into a Japanese harbor at midnight.

I mean, it's a legitimate concern. Such behaviors can (and will) drive people away. That's what happened with the GT5 Drift Forum, it was under strict moderation for its unfriendly and negative attitude it portrayed outward and towards new comers. Others simply browsing will and have labeled threads like these "childish". That's makes them not want to take any part in the forum due to an unruly bunch, and thus loss of new people or loss of members visiting the Gran Turismo sub-forums or GTPlanet entirely. Eventually making the forum fall on a bad reputation and losing the interest of people.

It can honestly work the other way around to. Depends on the team you play for on the ball field I suppose.

GTPlanet is the most civilized forum I've ever participated in. The vast majority of people here act like reasonable adults, debating or expressing their opinions without swearing or being childish (not for long anyway:lol:) If people being passionate on both sides of an issue drives people away, they should probably go in search of the My Little Pony or Brady Bunch forums, it might be more their speed.

These days I more often boycott GTPlanet rather than the game.
This forum used to be a great place to hang out and talk about the games. For the last few years it feels like its been taken over by a bunch of whinny kids who get more enjoyment from complaining about games than they ever would from playing them.
Just my opinion.
You should continue that boycott. Just my opinion. 👍

This forum used to be a great place to hang out and talk about the games. For the last few years it feels like its been taken over by a bunch of whinny kids who get more enjoyment from complaining about games than they ever would from playing them.
Just my opinion.

It still is a great place to talk about the games. Perhaps stay out of threads like this one that you can clearly tell are negative just by the title.

It still is a great place to talk about the games. Perhaps stay out of threads like this one that you can clearly tell are negative just by the title.
Truthfully, the "threads like this" to "Threads like that" ratio is quite lopsided... If we were to take that advice, we'd be limited to almost A thread :lol:

you guys make it sound like it's easy to make video games (or new contents). They may be slow in releasing new contents, but it's not just getting tons of data then putting it in the game (they need to do lots of tweaks and optimizations to make those go smoothly in the game)......Not to mention continuing support for GT5 for its last few months, support for GT6, and then developing GT7, and of course working with Sony and Nissan for GT Academy, they currently have a lot in their hands. We should give them the support that they need :cheers:

Sorry, I will not be able to fully participate in this server boycott. I will be driving on Zahara from the 6th-8th with my friends.

I might do it from the 1st-5th though...

Just my opinion.
You'd get exactly that if PD wouldn't give everyone so much to complain about. Pretty simple really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back