The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
sorry to burst your bubble, and it may be the youtube's fault, but the first thing that came to mind watching this was the old Daytona coin-op. it looks and appears to play like an arcade game, and that horrible bobbing-around cockpit view is terrible, not to mention the awful sound - very 16bit.
but if you like's, then enjoy's :)
You need a 360, but if you happen to have one i suggest you pick it up. Eye candy can be misleading, as this game has graphics dating back 5 years already but i assure you the physics are great and the racing is tight.

I find the dampers, springs and FFB very well worked out when you're into the corners + the circuits have their bumps and elevation changes recreated nicely and they have an original selection including Zandvoort, Pau, Brands and others which you don't normally find in other racing games. It comes quite close to a pc sim physics wise as the developer is Simbin who normally make nothing else than pc sims (this console version was an exception).
Anyway I have GT5, FM4, Shift 2, F1 2012 and even Dirt but this is the game i play and prefer 👍

You need a 360, but if you happen to have one i suggest you pick it up. Eye candy can be misleading, as this game has graphics dating back 5 years already but i assure you the physics are great and the racing is tight.

I find the dampers, springs and FFB very well worked out when you're into the corners + the circuits have their bumps and elevation changes recreated nicely and they have an original selection including Zandvoort, Pau, Brands and others which you don't normally find in other racing games. It comes quite close to a pc sim physics wise as the developer is Simbin who normally make nothing else than pc sims (this console version was an exception).
Anyway I have GT5, FM4, Shift 2, F1 2012 and even Dirt but this is the game i play and prefer 👍
I remember being disappointed it never came to PS3. I own a PC too so already had GTR 2, GTL and Race 07 but wanted to see how the console version compared. Also seeing as I didn't have many racing games on the PS3 I wanted to add some to my collection.

I used to co-own a 360 (before Race Pro was released) when I shared a flat with my brother but I moved out. I kept the PS3 and he kept the 360 (largely because my best friend also owned a PS3 meaning we could play online). I regret not having bought a 360 for myself, but one of the big reasons I wanted one was the racing games, and that would have meant having to also buy a Fanatec wheel as well (already had the official 360 wheel but hated it, speaking of which, anyone want a 360 wheel in good condition at a reasonable price? lol). I just couldn't afford (or if I could, justify) spending that amount of cash. Still consider picking up a 360 but it seems so late now. Also, I know what I'm like, and I'd end up buying a bunch of multi-platform games I already own for PS3 to compare them. I don't quite qualify as having OCD but have an obsessive personality.

I remember being disappointed it never came to PS3. I own a PC too so already had GTR 2, GTL and Race 07 but wanted to see how the console version compared. Also seeing as I didn't have many racing games on the PS3 I wanted to add some to my collection.

I used to co-own a 360 (before Race Pro was released) when I shared a flat with my brother but I moved out. I kept the PS3 and he kept the 360 (largely because my best friend also owned a PS3 meaning we could play online). I regret not having bought a 360 for myself, but one of the big reasons I wanted one was the racing games, and that would have meant having to also buy a Fanatec wheel as well (already had the official 360 wheel but hated it, speaking of which, anyone want a 360 wheel in good condition at a reasonable price? lol). I just couldn't afford (or if I could, justify) spending that amount of cash. Still consider picking up a 360 but it seems so late now. Also, I know what I'm like, and I'd end up buying a bunch of multi-platform games I already own for PS3 to compare them. I don't quite qualify as having OCD but have an obsessive personality.
If you already have a decent pc, I would go for AC, Race 07 or Raceroom and PCARS. I'm gonna take it easy and see what pans out to be the best option regarding next gen consoles or a decent pc. I do have the CSR so it would even work on a pc whilst it would be probably rendered useless on a next gen console, so who knows I might join the master race this year ;)

Patience is a virtue regarding console and game purchases, if you wait you would make a more thought out decision where to invest + by that time everything is cheaper anyway.
That's how one ends up saving 60 bucks on GT6, whilst many did buy it on impulse and are now complaining big time :D

Last edited:
I've been playing for just over a day, haven't found something to whine about so far. The game runs like a dream, much better than GT5 did thankfully. Only stuck once, on Coffee Break 1. Same old same old problems such as AI and sound but that's never been a gamebreaker for me, some wonky shadows here and there as well.

Career feels more focused, I like that.

Only real gripe is that PD forces SRF on for some single player events like Goodwood (Lots of fun) and license tests 👎

Also, probably a side effect from having a universal dealership is that the game feels like it doesn't have enough machines, despite having over 1205 or so machines.

I've been playing for just over a day, haven't found something to whine about so far. The game runs like a dream, much better than GT5 did thankfully. Only stuck once, on Coffee Break 1. Same old same old problems such as AI and sound but that's never been a gamebreaker for me, some wonky shadows here and there as well.

Only real gripe is that PD forces SRF on for some single player events like Goodwood (Lots of fun) and license tests 👎

Also, probably a side effect from having a universal dealership is that the game feels like it doesn't have enough machines, despite having over 1205 or so machines.
Report back in a couple of weeks sparkytooth, the trick question is if it will excite you enough then still ;)

Report back in a couple of weeks sparkytooth, the trick question is if it will excite you enough then still ;)
I primarily enjoyed driving around in GT5 and taking pictures. GT6 has improved on that and is a better sorted out game overall. I pretty much regret nothing so far.

The race photomode is also wierd, it never shows the full shot until you take it :irked:

If you already have a decent pc, I would go for AC, Race 07 or Raceroom and PCARS. I'm gonna take it easy and see what pans out to be the best option regarding next gen consoles or a decent pc. I do have the CSR so it would even work on a pc whilst it would be probably rendered useless on a next gen console, so who knows I might join the master race this year ;)

Patience is a virtue regarding console and game purchases, if you wait you would make a more thought out decision where to invest + by that time everything is cheaper anyway.
That's how one ends up saving 60 bucks on GT6, whilst many did buy it on impulse and are now complaining big time :D
Some things I hold out for until the price drops, but some things I purchase right away. I haven't bought GT6 but have bought AC already (though not tried it out yet as I have a huge backlog of games I'm working through). I still like back buying stuff for old consoles (PS1, PS2, original XBOX etc) or old PC titles for dirt cheap so am no stranger to a bargain.

I already own all the Simbin stuff but RaceRoom I've stayed away from as it seems like a rip-off to me (unless prices have changed). Looking forward to PCARS too, though I think I'll wait until a bit closer to release to get on board with that one (may also be worth waiting until I upgrade my PC). In the case of AC I was voting with my wallet in a positive way as they seem to be doing a lot right.

Focused on what?:lol: If you are seriously reporting that it even feels remotely like you are in a racing career, I'm going to have to discount all of your opinions from now on.:lol: BTW, I threw up a time for the LFA Nurb edition on the Nurb PP board..hurry up and beat it before someone else does:cheers:

Focused on what?:lol: If you are seriously reporting that it even feels remotely like you are in a racing career, I'm going to have to discount all of your opinions from now on.:lol: BTW, I threw up a time for the LFA Nurb edition on the Nurb PP board..hurry up and beat it before someone else does:cheers:
I never considered it an actual racing career, it's just a series of races to complete with a few extra things to do here and there. Nothing too special but it feels more focused than in GT5.

Don't tempt me, I just painted it pink like the old GT5 one.

Oh man, when did we start categorizing games based on the way they look? >> most others here Are comparing 'looks' or visuals ... you did.
Does NFS have ''arcade graphics'' in your eyes as well? >> no idea, GT is the only car game i bother with (im more into PC FPS games) and i have always considered NFS fairly pedestrian, its just cops'n'robbers stuff (as bad as GTA imo), and i did not say 'arcade graphics' - although i admit i infered it.
Physics are better than anything on consoles >> physics have nothing to do with the hardware (your statement - your opinion)
but if you don't like the wobble, that's your opinion and not the games fault, plus many GT players around here would actually prefer a cockpit view like this (assumption) >> indeed, i agree. maybe you missed where i said "and it may be the youtube's fault" ?
. Awful sound?>> maybe i should have said Interseting sound
Don't make me laugh, Race Pro of course is no Assetto Corsa, IRacing, nor R3E when it comes to sounds but you can't honestly say that without biting your own tongue. >> well that statement might have some legs IF i acutally played (or knew anything about) those titles, so yes i Can honestly say it without biting my tounge

But thanks for proving the point I've raised many times before, ''can't refute an argument, proceed to lower down said game to GT's standards so that the latter doesn't look so bad'' >> hmm, i think youre under the impression that i am defending GT? no, i simply dont play the others, so how can i possibly Drag Them Down to GT's level, whatever that is?
. BTW I'm not in a bubble for you to burst >> figure of speach, mate.
, I play various racing games on various platforms and I can be as negative about them as I am with Gran Turismo, you just have to ask. >> and im happy that you can have your own opinion too.

open up quote

interesting how my personal view of a rough little youtube's vid has got you upset at my opinion. you posted a vid of a game Not related to these forums to use as a comparison against GT, and are now peeved at me because i had the affrontery to disagree with your opinions and views. if you jump-the-gun before properly comprehending a persons post then dont be surprised when they dont see things the way you do.

:cheers:

i hear ya mate, your eye-candy comment can reference too many AAA games these days ... unfortunately too many peeps are dazzled by the eye-candy and dont realise the game itself is rubbish -nods to EA/Dice etc.. i glad your fav game is the opposite :)
never got an Xbox, of any ilk, probably because im a mainly PC gamer and an Xbox is such a step backwards compared to PC hardware. dunno about the new Xbox though, but if its not running at least a version of win7 then i would never bother, again there are far more games (choice) for PC than Xbox, and i cant render or do other stuff on an Xbox.

I never considered it an actual racing career, it's just a series of races to complete with a few extra things to do here and there. Nothing too special but it feels more focused than in GT5.

Don't tempt me, I just painted it pink like the old GT5 one.

I wish that PD had put more Astons, maybe the one from my avatar, or the amlighty DBR9, so I would be as happy as you with all this LFA crazyness.

Basically PD knows it has a better game than the competitors, so they can do (or not do) and say (or not say) what they want. Even with the broken everything and bugs and still weird physics on some cars/tires, sadly it's still the top dog. If I were a competitor I would go all out to take advantage and bring in new customers. PLEASE someone make a better game so I can leave this headache behind.

Are they waiting for GT5 to go offline to give us the updates ?? :lol: .. Bet you they are, so that players from GT5 don't feel left out :lol: aww Kaz how very sooo thoughtful and polite of you.

Last edited:
I wish that PD had put more Astons, maybe the one from my avatar, or the amlighty DBR9, so I would be as happy as you with all this LFA crazyness.
You can always join the LFA crusade if you want.

Not much of a fan of astons, except the One-77.

Everything "Gran Turismo" is gorgeous for you, mate.

You noticed
Looks like it to me. That's a thin line you're walking.... This thread is space set aside for people that want to complain about GT6, not to ridicule what others feel are legitimate grievances. That's called trolling and it won't be well received. Word to the wise - if you wish to be a part of the community, baiting people for no reason other than selfish and puerile gratification is not the right approach.

I thought it was very funny, this is the epic whining and crying thread after all, nothing wrong with a bit of humour : )

Back