GT6 server boycott: March 1-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
I hereby propose a 1 week boycott of all Gran Turismo 6 (GT6) online server activities.

Starting on March 1st and concluding on March 8th at midnight local time, we the people of GTPlanet (GTP) will have our voices heard.

As server activity is monitored by both PD and Sony, this is our chance to let it be known our dissatisfaction with: 1) GT6 as an unfinished product; and 2) PD's poor communication with its customers. Edit: More specifically, regarding in-game bugs, missing features, and upcoming content.

Please keep this thread clean and void of any negativity or hostility toward Kaz and PD, to ensure our message can spread.

Together, our voices will be heard. We come in peace to remind those at the top, that we, the paying customers, are the ones that truly have the power.

Please show your support for the cause by liking this post!

-gs

Edit: Don't forget, even logging in just for the bonus counts as "server activity".

Last edited:
Down. I'm honestly so sad... every GT game (even 5) has been full of awesome memories and sleeplessness and maybe even contemplating having a sick from school day... but 6 just doesn't have that feel. I played the **** out of it for the first week like every other GT but uh that was it... the game is done. There is veeeeeery low server activity, 60+% of the game is missing, and also we have no idea if we're gonna get what we were promised when we put down $60 for this game.

Don't get me wrong, I understand PD is probably still working hard and I still like them as a developer and I still like GT. But, they desperately need a wake-up call. We have paid for this game in full, for what was promised. And they need to deliver on that promise if they are truly an honest company.

i dont dislike the game.the physics feel way better than in gt5 in my opinion.what really s**** is that a. online does not quite work properly to make fun and b. as above mentioned the statements about content,dlc are not only false but also uncommented by pd, which is at least from my pov something unbearable

Haven't turned it on for weeks, and it will take something phenomenal for me to return. Packed up my G27 to sell. I played GT5 online every day. GT6 is the death of the series as far as I'm concerned. People say broken promises killed it for them. That's not really a factor for me as GT5 was like that, and in time PD will release updates slowly.

What killed GT series for me was the realization that the people running the show are lunatics, yes lunatics. The moon buggy stuff is a bridge to far for me. I can not financially support such tangents away from racing. To me it's the height of arrogance and indulgence. All I care about is decent online racing and consistent physics.

Good idea but the GT6 servers are already pretty barren to begin with. You might be more effective if you went from room to room and spammed them with your message.

While I don't consider the game unfinished, the online racing experience is a total mess if glitches and errors.

If I don't have a race that weekend I'll join in for sure, but I don't want to leave the guys in my championship!

image.jpg

Come on guys, just like a so called boycott is making them work harder.
I am 100% certain that they already know how the community thinks about the game and I also feel they are working hard to recover from that. But even if they aren't, a few people not going online for a week will most likely only make things worse... (if they even notice that, as most people will not take part in this boycott, nor do I for that matter).

A petition is a much better idea in my opinion.

Unlike some, I enjoy GT6 even though it is missing a lot of features. And I have league races on the 2nd, so it looks like I won't be a part of this silly "boycott".
Just out of curiosity, how many glitches and errors have you or others experienced in your online league?
I've run into so many it's really souring me on it, just curious if I'm the exception or not lol

Disconnections mostly, one week was pretty bad with it, just the last Sunday was free of problems.

For a few, the problem was with their connection, not GT6 servers.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahaha

You guys are hilarious! Boycotting to play a game online. That has to be the silliest thing I have ever heard. Maybe if you are so upset about the game you should stop playing it all together and do something else with your spare time.
I agree with you PletdeKoe boycotting a game will not work.

Please keep the thread clean.

If you don't want to participate in the boycott, you are free not too.

There are many of us that are unhappy with GT6, and this thread is to bring them together to strengthen their voice.

Please do not detract from this thread if you disagree.

Just out of curiosity, how many glitches and errors have you or others experienced in your online league?
I've run into so many it's really souring me on it, just curious if I'm the exception or not lol

I run an endurance serie (look my sig) and the only problem we have is the tire bug, but being the same for all drivers is not a deadly issue. Had like 3 disconnection in the 6 one hour and half races so far and 2 last monday.

Gt5 was FRIGGING worse, way more disconnections, black screens at start, drivers with invisible cars etc etc...

Gt6 is already better in all ways, unfinished yet better, sometimes i do not understand all the bad things told about the game... They are overscaring people over issues the are less severe than those of gt5 and reducing people that get the game or play online.

Like this is a neverending cicle of complains for a game imho is vastly better. People complain about lack of endurance yet do no join enduro races online is just an example.. B spec? I bet 99% of people didn't waste much time on it in gt5 and in any case it will come!

Online features? Late but will come (as if we needed something over gtplanet lol)

Seriously gt5 was a REALLY bad game for over one year; i'm the only one that remembers it?

/rant over

Good luck on the boycott but i think it's useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back