GT6 server boycott: March 1-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to ask you to define "busy" but I took your suggestion and as I ate lunch, I scrolled through all the North American lobbies and counted 69. Average attendance about 5 for a total of 350 on the entire continent (not sure if it includes Mexico actually).

I assume you had lunch at lunch time? When most people will be at school or work, a more interesting number would be at peak time, otherwise the number just tells us that non peak times are not busy, which we know already, as that is why they are not peak times!

I assume you had lunch at lunch time? When most people will be at school or work, a more interesting number would be at peak time, otherwise the number just tells us that non peak times are not busy, which we know already, as that is why they are not peak times!
Would you car to wager? Because I have done informal server counts at other times and while they are busier, there is no way one can classify 150 rooms with 750 people as "busy" when the majority of them are not racing.

Would you car to wager? Because I have done informal server counts at other times and while they are busier, there is no way one can classify 150 rooms with 750 people as "busy" when the majority of them are not racing.
Looks like that number 750 is going to dwindle down to 703 from the 47 of you boycotting. PD will surely get the message...:lol:

And when they update or fix all of whatever it is this boycott is about then we will give you guys ALL the credit. Deal? Deal.

Wager that you had lunch at lunch time? :confused: I'm not that bothered when you eat!

More useful would be a worldwide count at various intervals though the day, and ideally a comparison of similar dates and times with GT5 at various points in its lifecycle.

I'm not saying GT6 is or isn't "busy", I'm saying anecdotal evidence is ok, but only proper data will tell the true story.

Looks like that number 750 is going to dwindle down to 703 from the 47 of you boycotting. PD will surely get the message...:lol:

And when they update or fix all of whatever it is this boycott is about then we will give you guys ALL the credit. Deal? Deal.
This thread has been up for 12 hours and although you math is wonky, with a straight linear progression, in about a week it'll be 750/750.

Wager that you had lunch at lunch time? :confused: I'm not that bothered when you eat!

More useful would be a worldwide count at various intervals though the day, and ideally a comparison of similar dates and times with GT5 at various points in its lifecycle.

I'm not saying GT6 is or isn't "busy", I'm saying anecdotal evidence is ok, but only proper data will tell the true story.

A meatball sub btw:lol: You are absolutely correct about the anecdotal evidence of course, but I have done that same informal survey a couple of times and so far the maximum was around 250 rooms on a Saturday afternoon. I haven't been online for 2 or 3 weeks so it may well have changed somewhat.

This thread has been up for 12 hours and although you math is wonky, with a straight linear progression, in about a week it'll be 750/750.

Wonky Math? Ah ok. The number is just as arbitrary as yours. (Hence you are using numbers from 2 or 3 weeks ago)

Like I said, you and the boycotters will get ALL of the credit. Isnt that what you are aiming for in a boycott? Or do you even know what cause and effect you are trying to accomplish? Maybe you can even get some of your 749 pawns to picket out front of PD Headquarters.

We should be boycotting the hackers for wasting PD time. Due to them, the updates will take forever to come...

Not factual at all unless you can prove that PD's failure to provide the promised features is due to "hackers".

Was PD's failure to stick to their own update schedule for GT5 when it first launched, more than a full year before GT5 hybriding even became public knowledge, due to hackers then as well?

And all the stuff that was advertised for GT5 before it released that never made the game, that must have been due to hackers too...

Looks like that number 750 is going to expand a lot. At least 14 609 people worldwide have been online today. Just did a 3 minute lap around Big Willow in the latest seasonal and that's the position I got.

Edit: Judging by the rate by which my ranking falls, I'd say that a boycott of 50 people equals roughly 2 minutes of server activity. Probably less, because everyone isn't doing seasonal time trials all the time.

2/(60*24*7)=0.02%

Edit 2: PD's office, week after boycott:

"We just got the latest numbers on the server activity for the past week."
"Good! What's the status?"
"We've found a small drop in activity, we don't know why."
"How small?"
"It's OVER 1/9000th!!!"

Last edited:
jiFfM.jpg

80 bucks is a bit steep to make a point, but it's the thought that counts right. Just need a nice letter in Japanese to go with it.

EDIT: Something like.....

To whom it may concern,

This copy of GT6 is incomplete, it does not have all the features listed in the manual or on your website. Please return with a working and complete version of the game when finished.

Thank you.

More or less...:)

Last edited:
We are all here because we bought the game, we play the game, and we generally like the game.

To those that say a boycott will only hurt ourselves, you imply GT6 has too much meaning in our lives.

This is a game. And this is one week in a world without it.

You may continue to keep playing a broken game for months into the future, or you can take a stand.

For the good of the game, for the good of the community.

And no, PD and Sony will not go broke because of this effort. It will, however demonstrate the potential a united community can have.

Word spreads fast on the internet now, and no corporation no matter how large wants to alienate their customer base.

This week, it might be a server boycott, but next time it might be dlc boycott, and tell me does that bode well for GT7?

May PD here our voices loud and clear!

Le met rephrase that again..

IT. WON'T. WORK. GOD. DAMMIT.
And that is what people are saying in the US and why the government is running wild... Taking a stand, and not fearing the potential effectiveness of it is still an action... Anything else is just words...

Will it work? I don't think its about if it works, it's the message that's being sent...

And that is what people are saying in the US and why the government is running wild... Taking a stand, and not fearing the potential effectiveness of it is still an action... Anything else is just words...

Will it work? I don't think its about if it works, it's the message that's being sent...
In the U.S., the (my) government is running wild because we wont take a stand?:rolleyes: What a statement...

What a way to take a shot at us over something as ridiculous as this!:lol: "Heavy lies the crown."

Wow this is quite obvious now...have fun.

Maybe it gives Jordan some ammo, if even a bit unstable and uncomfortable... But the act of a boycott isn't the point, it's Jorden going to Sony with;

"Hey guys, I hope you're well. So a lot of users are banding together on GTP and are forming a boycott of sorts... I don't think it's anything major but I thought I would share why they are doing it..."

Not a comfortable conversation but could be effective at some level... After all, GT blows up Jordan arguably has the most to loose here... Advertisers see the decline in traffic, users like me give up and leave, new products start pulling away interest... and worst of all, the sour taste all of this is leaving with so many...

Just that souring of the spirits is nearly larger than any update can satisfy at this point... It is escalating and if left unaddressed, and people realise the frustration is outpacing any level of enjoyment, then it become the dominant feeling...

We are all here because we bought the game, we play the game, and we generally like the game.

To those that say a boycott will only hurt ourselves, you imply GT6 has too much meaning in our lives.

This is a game. And this is one week in a world without it.

You may continue to keep playing a broken game for months into the future, or you can take a stand.

For the good of the game, for the good of the community.

And no, PD and Sony will not go broke because of this effort. It will, however demonstrate the potential a united community can have.

Word spreads fast on the internet now, and no corporation no matter how large wants to alienate their customer base.

This week, it might be a server boycott, but next time it might be dlc boycott, and tell me does that bode well for GT7?

May PD here our voices loud and clear!

The point is that a boycott of even a 100 people is unnoticable in the server statistics. So the only effect the boycott will get is that you don't get to play the game for a week. If that hurts you or not, I don't know.

The effect will probably be bigger if you get 100 people to chip in for @Tier 2 Racing 's FedEx shipment (see post #142). That's at least something someone will see.

Last edited:
In the U.S., the (my) government is running wild because we wont take a stand?:rolleyes: What a statement...

What a way to take a shot at us over something as ridiculous as this!:lol: "Heavy lies the crown."

Wow this is quite obvious now...have fun.
It's MY Government too... The point is change is often triggered through suggestion or perception than actuals.

Too be fair, it was a low blow and rather dramatic for effect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back