GT6 server boycott: March 1-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye gods! Too much mess to clean up....

I'm (fairly) sure you're not all quite as obtuse or ignorant as you seem to want to indicate, so why do you insist on going to such lengths to prove otherwise?

I suggest, before you take your pointless and destructive bickering to another topic, you take a step back and ponder whether or not you actually have anything of use or relevance to offer. If not and its just going to be more of this, then step away from the keyboard.

If I see any of the protagonists here continuing elsewhere, I'll be handing out warnings.

Love it!

grammar-police-please-step-away-from-the-keyboard.jpg

OK yeah sure Complaining... My words were that I would have liked to be able to use the tracks as full locations. I was not taking the time to just whine about the fact that "I paid 60 whole dollars for this game that I had no say in creating not having every little feature, car, and option
Available to me" i was voicing an opinion, free from criticism and whining. Read first, call people out second. You look much less stupid that way...

Edit: I'm not going to go so far as to be hypocritical and call you out on a positive contribution to the thread you called me out on. But great sense of community on GTP. Gotta love it here

So basically if we change our rhetoric to a less constructive directive at PD, then you'll stop asking us to be whiny? Seeing your limited post count, I'd say that way of coming in here wont go over too well and look it hasn't.

Havent played GT in over a week, don't really miss it. If I feel the need to drive "enthusiastically" I grab the keys and head out the door. I have some nice twisties around me that no one ever uses. G-forces feel better than a G27 shaking anyway.

The whole people complaining about an unfinished product is a bit ridiculous to me, if not totally. You knew what you were buying into when you bought the game, you knew that there were features to be released via update at some unverified point. Right now the only thing that can really be complained about is that Zahara hasn't been released yet because it was said, by PD, to be released mid-February.

As far as communication goes, this is bad. More than anything I'm surprised that PD hasn't learned to account for their routine tardiness. They should by this point have learned to announce release dates for content that are a good bit after what think they will have it done by. Nobody ever complained about getting an update early, its late content that creates these kind of forums. I just hope that PD isn't going to short out on content for GT6 because they are taking so long. They said they planned consistent updates for at least a year, and the slower flow of updates better not mean that they stop after a year and leave us with less content.

The retail box does say "create your own clubs". It doesn't say an update needs to be waited for. A person is entitled to a refund from the seller for this reason. And even if the box did say update required, 3 months is more than a 'reasonable' time to wait for the advertised feature.
PD should have learned not to put stuff on the box they haven't already completed.

The retail box does say "create your own clubs". It doesn't say an update needs to be waited for. A person is entitled to a refund from the seller for this reason. And even if the box did say update required, 3 months is more than a 'reasonable' time to wait for the advertised feature.
PD should have learned not to put stuff on the box they haven't already completed.
It does say that it'll be coming in an update though, it's one of the things in the 'coming in an update' list on the official site

No, you are wrong, the exact quote on the back of the box is "Access and create online events with web based enabled devices." Nowhere does it say clubs and I am looking at the back of the box right now. There are absolutely no grounds to go all legal on PD.

Havent played GT in over a week, don't really miss it. If I feel the need to drive "enthusiastically" I grab the keys and head out the door. I have some nice twisties around me that no one ever uses. G-forces feel better than a G27 shaking anyway.

I wish we could all have this. :indiff:

No, you are wrong, the exact quote on the back of the box is "Access and create online events with web based enabled devices." Nowhere does it say clubs and I am looking at the back of the box right now. There are absolutely no grounds to go all legal on PD.
No you are wrong....
Or wait a minute maybe i'm not a liar, maybe we have different boxes...
The exact quote on my box is:
"create your own clubs and thrilling 16 player races."
272849_back.jpg

No you are wrong....
Or wait a minute maybe i'm not a liar, maybe we have different boxes...
The exact quote on my box is:
"create your own clubs and thrilling 16 player races."
272849_back.jpg

Oh, lol, we do have different boxes. I have the 15th Anniversary Edition and I guess the back is different :lol:

image.jpg

I don't get it... What's all that ^^^ above? I reference the top right on the back of my box for all the missing content that should be with the disc. Assuming from a "newbie" POV, (which I'm not. Have been playing since GT3) if I were to see that and pay no attention to any sites explaining the process as to how those were released, I'd want my $60 back....

It's no different than saying "drive 1200 cars...." And we only have 5... There is quite a legitimate reason to blow up about this.

Probably one of the easiest things to do. I don't even play anymore haha. If GT7 doesn't have what we asked for, I'm gonna give up on PD..

Let's make two things very clear: if you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation then don't post.

If you're going to accuse someone of anything, you'd better make sure you have all the information at hand.

Every single day someone or something is used as a scapegoat; things didn't pan out the way we thought they would. It's time to move on and look forward, and that's all.

It's ironic that this boycott took place while I'd been on vacation. I took part entirely by accident and had no intention of participating. But I thought since I got back, I just paid to fill up my fuel tank and I'm boycotting driving until flying cars are mass produced.

Come on, we bought the ticket, take the ride. Updates will come.

GT has had community features since the year 2000 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTPlanet

There is nothing stopping you from creating your own clubs. [url]https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gt6-clubs-leagues/[/URL]

No update required. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTPlanet

"...a new level of freedom that will change the racing genre forever."

I guess they're not talking about the freedom to turn off that stupid SRF beginners aid that's forced on everyone regardless. And how about the freedom to go Shuffle racing online? No, haven't got that freedom either. How about the freedom to change my in-game name? Oh wait, I already did that 3 times already so now I can't. The freedom to configure each item of the HUD to my liking? No...oh dear! And the list goes on & on & on & on & on...

There are so many things in GT6 where we should have the freedom to choose how we set it up, but with such a lack of options PD should be ashamed of making such overblown & hyped up statements that have no foundation in reality. I think my GT6 boycott will be a little bit longer than 8 days, at least until some kind of comprehensive update is released.

They sure have 'changed the racing genre forever', but not in the way they imagine! :ouch:

Last edited:
VBR
"...a new level of freedom that will change the racing genre forever."

I guess they're not talking about the freedom to turn off that stupid SRF beginners aid that's forced on everyone regardless. And how about the freedom to go Shuffle racing online? No, haven't got that freedom either. How about the freedom to change my in-game name? Oh wait, I already did that 3 times already so now I can't. The freedom to configure each item of the HUD to my liking? No...oh dear! And the list goes on & on & on & on & on...

There are so many things in GT6 where we should have the freedom to choose how we set it up, but with such a lack of options PD should be ashamed of making such overblown & hyped up statements that have no foundation in reality. I think my GT6 boycott will be a little bit longer than 8 days, at least until some kind of comprehensive update is released.

They sure have 'changed the racing genre forever', but not in the way they imagine! :ouch:
Freedom? In GT? No, those two things don't mix at all. It was nothing more but PD's marketing to try and also bring in more sales (good for them for gaining less sales btw).

I don't get it... What's all that ^^^ above? I reference the top right on the back of my box for all the missing content that should be with the disc. Assuming from a "newbie" POV, (which I'm not. Have been playing since GT3) if I were to see that and pay no attention to any sites explaining the process as to how those were released, I'd want my $60 back....

It's no different than saying "drive 1200 cars...." And we only have 5... There is quite a legitimate reason to blow up about this.
SCEA: law unto themselves. That'll be my epitaph at this rate.

The same was true of GT5, people kept quoting the back of their box regarding some trite promise / claim (which I forget), but it wasn't on my UK version.

Here in New Jersey suburbs, we also have some pretty nice backroads.

The only problem is cops.

Why do you like something I don't?

:grumpy:
And you didn't answer the question. At least someone said "because they make money without racing". I honestly wanted an answer and don't care if people like what I like. You can check my post history and I guarantee you that I'll never criticize anyone's car or track choice. I obviously understand that people like it or else it would be a waste for PD to put time into. I just want to know why. The AI is dumb and I always thought video games were meant to be interactive. I'm just saying that I'd rather watch real intelligence in real cars if I'm not going to be involved. And I don't consider moving settings every once in a while, involved. To each, his own...I just don't get it. I feel like I'm too busy to watch a game, even if it isn't entirely true that I'm too busy.

Is it ok to come back now?
Tried playing yesterday and it was a ghost town. Tried a few rooms but found that they had boost on or something stupid.

Finally found a good room, qualified, and then got disconnected while leading on lap 1.

*facepalm* All the failboat memes on the entire internet aren't enough to accurately illustrate PD's fiasco named GT6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back