GT6 The real forza emulator.

• Thread starter hairystig
  • 146 comments

Do you want Gran Turismo to become a clone of forza?

• Yes

Votes: 24 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 162 87.1%

• Total voters
England
dorset
hairystig
PITYTH3FOOL
So I've been reading thought this forum and some of the complaining threads in gt5 forum and it seems to me that those who are most critical of gt5 want nothing more than forza on playstation, I say this based on the features I see people requesting in GT6 that are almost always in forza like livery editor celebrity voice regular dlc less Japanese cars etc etc so this got me thinking most of the more negative people on these forums just want a forza emulator, am I right?

I really hope Im wrong, if GT6 does turn out to be a copy of forza I for one won't be buying, I already have forza.

Last edited:
hairystig
So I've been reading thought this forum and some of the complaining threads in gt5 forum and it seems to me that those who are most critical of gt5 want nothing more than forza on playstation, I say this based on the features I see people requesting in GT6 that are almost always in forza like livery editor celebrity voice regular dlc less Japanese cars etc etc so this got me thinking most of the more negative people on these forums just want a forza emulator, am I right?

I really hope Im wrong, if GT6 does turn out to be a copy of forza I for one won't be buying, I already have forza.

Don't think so, as much as some people want a PS Forza, PD, as always, won't listen and do whatever they want.

Also, I'm sorry but these features aren't forza exclusive, it's basic stuff that almost any serious racing game has, If people really wanted Forza, they would be requesting rivals mode or car soccer, stuff like that.

It's like the Forza people requesting for weather and day/night cycles, Does that mean that they want GT for xbox? no.

No worries, you are wrong :) @hairystig

All i want is, PD providing a game which is more than awesome grafiks and driving. I want a "complete" game, where the work efforts are equal in all game parts.

Personally I blame Sony rushing the release of gt5 for all its faults, I still trust Kaz I just hope he is given all the time he needs to release a GT he is happy with, basically if Kaz is happy im happy.

Personally I blame Sony rushing the release of gt5 for all its faults, I still trust Kaz I just hope he is given all the time he needs to release a GT he is happy with, basically if Kaz is happy im happy.

Jesus wept. How can Sony be blamed for rushing PD, they gave them long enough and then some. If PD still weren't finished and wanted another two years that is their own fault, not Sony. PD were in no shape or form 'rushed'.

SimonK
Jesus wept. How can Sony be blamed for rushing PD, they gave them long enough and then some. If PD still weren't finished and wanted another two years that is their own fault, not Sony. PD were in no shape or form 'rushed'.

Was gt5 a 'finished' product when it was released?

GT should only be a unique driving game, so no clone please. What it needs to stand out in the next release is the physics that can beat any console racing games and compete with the best of the PC sims. If it does, then I'll be happy.

Ridox2JZGTE
GT should only be a unique driving game, so no clone please. What it needs to stand out in the next release is the physics that can beat any console racing games and compete with the best of the PC sims. If it does, then I'll be happy.

Me too. :)

I see people requesting in GT6 that are almost always in forza like livery editor celebrity voice regular dlc less Japanese cars etc etc so this got me thinking most of the more negative people on these forums just want a forza emulator, am I right?

How does any of that imply the desire for a Forza clone? Livery editor should be standard in the racing sim genre, as in anything that isn't a minimum budget title should have one. Less Japanese cars only make sense from an unbiased viewpoint given that Japan only makes a fraction of the total number of cars ever designed.

Personally, I want GT6 to make sense. Physics as top priority, racing that simulates racing and not chase the rabbit or arcade driving, and online that facilitates good racing which to me is the core of the entire game.

All of that said, I also think that Forza on PS3 would be a good idea. Forza 4 is a better sim than GT5, and I wouldn't mind owning Forza without having to pay $50 a year to go online. But of course, at that point I'd be critiquing Forza as much as I do GT.

If it wasn't, then it's PD's fault for being so inefficient. GT5P should have allowed them to build GT5 with the snap of their fingers and with all the features people wanted.

No but that was PDs fault, not Sonys. I don't know how anyone can say otherwise, they had sufficient time to make a video game and it was pathetic how unfinished that game was after all that time.

Yes, a game similar to Forza 4 would be great.
With the selection of irrelevant cars like GT, with all the goodies of Forza would be amazing.

I don't want GT to clone Forza, but I certainly want GT to include its own take on what Forza gets right i.e. the livery editor, customisation and online/communities.

But elaborating on what Exorcet said, things like that should included and be of a damn high standard in the first place. But still, Forza does them very well and PD needs to follow that.

People requested many of those features way before Gran Turismo 5 and still waiting for PD to implement them. Don't blame me, or us. Turn10 simply made a game with features that way too many Gran Turismo fans has been asking for, for years - hence the attitude towards PD and GT5.

Dont want extra cars?
Seems legit...

You want PD to adapt DLC scams, where they'll save a few cars for 1st week DLCs?

DLCs every now and then is fine, but if turns out as regular as Forza's, then it'll become a cash cow frenzy.

Again, I'm not against DLCs, but not regular DLCs that it becomes a business practice and eventually end up costing more than the game itself.

daus26
You want PD to adapt DLC scams, where they'll save a few cars for 1st week DLCs?

DLCs every now and then is fine, but if turns out as regular as Forza's, then it'll become a cash cow frenzy.

Again, I'm not against DLCs, but not regular DLCs that it becomes a business practice and eventually end up costing more than the game itself.

+1 turn10s policy on releasing DLC has practically turned forza into a subscription service.

I say this based on the features I see people requesting in GT6 that are almost always in forza like livery editor celebrity voice regular dlc less Japanese cars etc etc

It's hardly surprising people request a livery editor in a racing game, like mentioned before it isn't a Forza-exclusive and appears in almost all other racing games.
I don't need a celebrity voice over however and although both games have their strong and weak points (admittingly I've yet to play a Forza game), the one thing that sometimes makes me green with envy is some of the cars included in Forza, particularly some classics.
I don't want to turn both games into clones of each other but let's be honest here, there's only so much you can do within the concept of a driving/racing game so some features are going to overlap or be similar, just because one game implemented them earlier doesn't mean the other game can't do it in another way.
Having said that, I can still think of a lot of features I'd like to see that aren't included in both games so far.

It certainly should have been:
Kaz
"I want to release it as fast as I can," Yamauchi told us, "but GT5 for us, when you talk about its status, it's at a point we can release it any time we want, but we can always keep working on it. It's very important for us to make sure everything is done perfectly and everything is done in detail."

Linky.

And he wanted two years on top of that. So where exactly did Sony rush the supposedly finished game that just needed final tweaking? Sony can't be blamed for wanting PD to actually release the game.

Last edited:
For me, only 2 things are good about Forza:

1) Customization
2) Sounds (to a point)

Never liked the physics. In fact, my brother recently sold his PS3 and bought a 360 with FM4. Loved the customization and sounds, but 2 weeks later he switched back to PS3 and GT5 because of the physics.

That would do much more for PD. A feature that other racing don't have. But what will that be I ask?

Tire blowout, engine stress/breakdown, other types of failure, wheels that could come off, Autox/gymkhana mode, realistic seasons/weather system ( winter, fall, summer, autumn ).

Back