GT6 to be available on PSN for digital download

Whoa. It took 6,6 hours to download the game and additional 4 (yes, four) hours to install it to the HDD. "1th gen" slim with 250GB HDD, some 40GB free space before I started downloading GT6.

On my SSD-equipped PS3 it took 2:10 minutes to install the patch after downloading it.
Whoa. It took 6,6 hours to download the game and additional 4 (yes, four) hours to install it to the HDD. "1th gen" slim with 250GB HDD, some 40GB free space before I started downloading GT6.
And also 30 minutes to install the game.

I downloaded, installed the 1.01 update at midnight.
And now the game is stuck ata a language choice screen.
Restarting the PS3 did not help.

I have lost at 2 hours on this today (1 for installing, 1 now) and I am really angry now.
Now deleting the game before re-downloading. This is the last time I buy a PS3 game.

I'm in... Now downloading update... Installing update...
Reading hundreds of pages of license info before I accept....
I'll watch this opening video, then bed.. A busy day racing tomorrow!

Gnight and Gluck

Last edited:
Damn hell it takes like forever! 2h off installing 95% (first 60gb EU model)

Maybe i should have formated the drive?

One would think, since Steam can be linked to a PS3 account. They would learn from steam and allow 2 or 3 days for pre-install and just unlocks with a small update.

FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONS SONY YOU *****!!!

Try to boot up PSN PREORDER AT 12:00 06-12 and I get the message:

"This content can be used if you renew the licence on the playstation store"

I proceed to PS Store to be linked to the checkout to buy the game again? Seriously WTF? GT6 no longer exists in my downloads. PSN is the worst online network ever!!! 👎:banghead:

Damn hell it takes like forever! 2h off installing 95% (first 60gb EU model)

Maybe i should have formated the drive?
Wow, you're brave! I wouldn't attempt that install. I hope it works for you. According to some reports, you only have 47 gigs left right off the bat. If you ran GT5 on the same drive I don't think you'd have room unless you deleted everything. The PS3 needs some swap file room, not sure how much. Good luck, hope it works.

FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONS SONY YOU *****!!!

Try to boot up PSN PREORDER AT 12:00 06-12 and I get the message:

"This content can be used if you renew the licence on the playstation store"

I proceed to PS Store to be linked to the checkout to buy the game again? Seriously WTF? GT6 no longer exists in my downloads. PSN is the worst online network ever!!! 👎:banghead:

Ok after having to make 2x calls to customer service they tell me to wait until the afternoon. Do not purchase the game twice. Call them back later because they have no idea what is going on. Smooth digital release 🤬

Isn't a digital release meant to be more convienient? Will never again spend a cent on Psn. Should have bought the disk version.

I sincerely hope the North American hub isn't brought to its knees in two hours. If it's not done downloading so I can start the install before I leave for work in the morning I will be irritated even more that I didn't go for the gamestop preorder pack :banghead:

Back