GT6 Update 1.08 (Undocumented Changes in OP)

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 474 comments
Interesting (and largely meaningless) bug I just found...

At Brands Hatch Indy, the driving line from McLaren to the finish line is out by about two car lengths... That is, from the braking zone until the finish line, it disappears two car lengths ahead of you (rather than under your car) and actually overlaps the driving line for the start of the next lap, by about two car lengths...

Did a camber test. Same procedure I did for the previous ones. S2000 around 500pp on SS tire around Cape Ring Periphery. Mainly making use of the "ring". The data is mainly centered around the ring section.

14+-+1

14+-+2

The first pic's focus is lat G and compare that with steering input. Green being 0 camber and pink being -2 deg all around. The Green pulls higher G all around at smoother and less need to have steering correction.

2nd Pics again shows the steering, and you can see the use of brake and throttle. The throttle trace for the green is much has no point where I had to back off completely to fight understeer.

The time split in the ring from entry to exit shows the camber less setup being about 0.5 sec faster just in this section. Overall laptime is of course faster also.

So no, Camber is still not fixed.

That is not what happend to me, not even close. I have taken some pictures of what I did for that to happen and make it clearer to understand.

I pressed 'start' to send a message to another player in the lobby, while on track at Ascari. Like so, View attachment 163732
And auto drive took over as it does, but instead of slowing down, it speed up and hit the gravel trap (pictured on the right.)

I then herd tires squeeling and a crash impact sound. Where it had hit a wall of some sort (physical or invisible, can't remeber) The car was like this,View attachment 163739
And then reset it's self to track.

I have tired to remember and recreate as much as possible from memory, to illustrate what happened.

This is nothing at all like the driving in lobby menu glitch.

This should clear up what happened, it is a new glitch not a existing one.
Thank you for putting up more infomation about this, addid this to the OP ASAP
@AJHG1000 I found one. When times races were introduced in 1.07 "this is the final lap" didn't display until the leader crossed the line after time had expired. Now it displays "this is the final lap" as soon as time expires. (IMO this is now how it should be). 👍
Oh yeah I know what you're meaning right there, adding this to the OP
Which Lotus?
The 97T is working fine for me!

I reported it early this morning. It was something with my game...I rebooted and it worked fine. The OP just needs to be updated. No issues.
Thank you for clearing this, striking this from th OP
Interesting (and largely meaningless) bug I just found...

At Brands Hatch Indy, the driving line from McLaren to the finish line is out by about two car lengths... That is, from the braking zone until the finish line, it disappears two car lengths ahead of you (rather than under your car) and actually overlaps the driving line for the start of the next lap, by about two car lengths...
Interesting! thank you for sharing this :D adding it to the OP! :cheers:

______________________________________________________________________________________
If anyone has ever wondered why I ruled the previous "undocumented changes" threads with an iron fist to keep things on topic, now you know...lol.
I vote you start your undocumented changes thread as per normal. With all due respect to the OP, this thread has gone to hell.
Agreed. This thread is starting to turn into another battle between complainers and apologists.

Sorry but it's too hard to keep this thread on line when I'm not home during all the day, let alone keeping it updated, looking for information and at the same time, talking with friends and doing my homework...

I should be able to keep this straight during the weekend...

YZF
How can you compare physics by playing only senna content? ... no, physics did not change (and i would be very surprised if they did, in the middle of GT Academy). Everytime new patch comes out, somone will report about supposedly changed physics...placebo.

Sigh... Which is WHY I said I only played the senna content and asked others.

Not sure if anyone has this issue but when I try the Mitsu Seasonal the bloody car is rear wheel drive just like that bug from 1.06 that made AWD cars 100% rear drive, the car handles like a dog under those conditions especially when that Yaw control kicks in when you turn corners. WTF? I have to drive it like a dainty kei car to keep it on the road at Matterhorn.

Sorry, but "complete makeover" definitely sounds to me like they're completely remodeling the circuit. I'm not surprised though. Somewhere along PD's self-ascribed relentless pursuit for perfection they decided to stop going the full distance with stuff like this.

You can't simply take two words while ignoring the rest. If you read the rest of the sentence it states a 'complete makeover' to 'restore layouts' which they did. You can read into it what you want but by the literal and most correct meaning they only ever promised layouts and you have them.

Iffy.

Layouts is Polyphony's generic term for alternate track maps, ie. Suzuka Full, Suzuka West, and Suzuka East is three layouts.

Honestly I don't care how you define English, I'll stick to how it is actually defined. A track layout refers only to its corners and dimensions, not where the toilets are located or the design of the hotdog stand.

To my knowledge they've never done an alternate that was an earlier version of a track before.

That is great. What else do you know that is irrelevant?

If something is labelled as '85 Brands Hatch, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that it is actually a reasonable replica of '85 Brands Hatch. If the track was labelled '85 Brands w/ Modern Surroundings or some such, then sure.

Oh so your real complaint is that the name is not especially long winded?

Given what we know of PD and their work methods it was also a reasonable assumption that they were going to shortcut it like this, but I think in general if something is made into a retro version, you do it all. If random developer says that their new racing game has '85 Brands Hatch, you expect a full period version, not the '85 layout with modern surrounds.

No, when they say they are giving you old layouts you expect old layouts, nothing more.

A 2002 RX7 doesn't become a 1978 RX7 simply by changing the engine, drivetrain and suspension. Sure, it might drive identically to a 1978 RX7, but the fact that it looked like a 2002 would put some people off. You could work around this by only driving from bumper, not watching replays or whatever, but the fact remains that it's not entirely a 1978 RX7.

The same problem applies here. What they've done is nice and all, but they've not entirely made '85 Brands. For people who were interested in immersing themselves in that period of racing, it's a let down.

The 2002 RX7 does become a 2002 RX7 with a 1978 layout though and if that is what you were told you were buying... You can't complain if your level of English has led you to believe something that is not quite true.

You are correct, Le Mans appears to be the first track for which they have "historical" versions, such as they are.

Never heard of Fuji?

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has this issue but when I try the Mitsu Seasonal the bloody car is rear wheel drive just like that bug from 1.06 that made AWD cars 100% rear drive, the car handles like a dog under those conditions especially when that Yaw control kicks in when you turn corners. WTF? I have to drive it like a dainty kei car to keep it on the road at Matterhorn.
Yaw control? Since when was PD smart enough to code that?

Is there any way at all to download these huge files offline? I've just had my thirteenth fourteenth fifteenth sixteenth attempt crash out again, without ever getting past 40%. Everything else in the house is shut down, so it's only the PS3 using the bandwidth, but it's still flaky as hell.

Edit: Attempt #14 got to 92%, so nearly there :)

Any idea why it can't resume from previous downloads? I wouldn't have thought it would be that hard to do...

SEVENTEENTH TIME LUCKY!!! :D

Last edited:
I love this update even though it's hard to played. but nevermind, the sound engine of those cars are amazing. but I got one lil problem, I can't find mitsubishi VGT, someone please help me to find out what's going on with my console :(:guilty:

Is there any way at all to download these huge files offline? I've just had my thirteenth attempt crash out again, without ever getting past 40%. Everything else in the house is shut down, so it's only the PS3 using the bandwidth, but it's still flaky as hell.

Have a similar issue, maybe becuase of GT5's update the servers were a bit busy, will try it again overnight today, I really hate these big updates, I could do without the useless vision GT videos to be honest.

Also I need to immigrate :lol:

You can't simply take two words while ignoring the rest. If you read the rest of the sentence it states a 'complete makeover' to 'restore layouts' which they did. You can read into it what you want but by the literal and most correct meaning they only ever promised layouts and you have them.

Honestly I don't care how you define English, I'll stick to how it is actually defined. A track layout refers only to its corners and dimensions, not where the toilets are located or the design of the hotdog stand.

That is great. What else do you know that is irrelevant?

Oh so your real complaint is that the name is not especially long winded?

No, when they say they are giving you old layouts you expect old layouts, nothing more.

The 2002 RX7 does become a 2002 RX7 with a 1978 layout though and if that is what you were told you were buying... You can't complain if your level of English has led you to believe something that is not quite true.

Never heard of Fuji?

You're arguing over subtle differences in the way you interpret words there which is pretty irrelevant. Either way the retro tracks weren't done as well as most other developers do and that does make a difference (see Shift 2, most PC sims, current F1 game). I drive past the stands and it breaks the immersion. If I'm watching a retro world war two film And I see Tom Hanks listening to his iPod it's going to break the illusion.

I have to say though that apart from the half arsed complete makeover circuits (I love the actual track parts), I thoroughly enjoyed the Senna content last night. The body upgrades on the Lotus are a really nice surprise although I prefer the look of the car stock. The Lotus and F3 are the best open wheel cars in the game. It is a shame we don't have the option to adjust the performance of the AI when they drive them.

I love this update even though it's hard to played. but nevermind, the sound engine of those cars are amazing. but I got one lil problem, I can't find mitsubishi VGT, someone please help me to find out what's going on with my console :(:guilty:
Go to the seasonals and attempt the mistu race,then it unlocks. I don't think you need to beat it.

I might have missed the memo on this, but I've just gone to test drive Like the Wind/SS Route X for my Yorkshire Gamer thread...

This used to be a relatively relaxed affair on the DS3 compared to the constant corrections of the wheel. Yeah. No. Even on the DS3 now the car is experiencing lateral forces like nobody's business and it's damned hard to keep a straight line going at 250mph. Like, so hard I'm going to have to switch to the wheel because that's easier to keep pointing the right way, particularly in traffic.

It's dramatically different to the last time I LTWed, which was during v1.06, so it may have been changed in 1.07 or 1.08...
What was the car you were running?

I ask because the Citroen GT Concepts were quite unstable running at Route X even with high downforce before the updates. The solution was race tyres out back and comforts up front.

Did a camber test. Same procedure I did for the previous ones. S2000 around 500pp on SS tire around Cape Ring Periphery. Mainly making use of the "ring". The data is mainly centered around the ring section.

14+-+1

14+-+2

The first pic's focus is lat G and compare that with steering input. Green being 0 camber and pink being -2 deg all around. The Green pulls higher G all around at smoother and less need to have steering correction.

2nd Pics again shows the steering, and you can see the use of brake and throttle. The throttle trace for the green is much has no point where I had to back off completely to fight understeer.

The time split in the ring from entry to exit shows the camber less setup being about 0.5 sec faster just in this section. Overall laptime is of course faster also.

So no, Camber is still not fixed.

Well, I was going to update my game last night so I could drive today, but in light of this I think GT6 will stay on the shelf collecting dust. Good to know after all this time they still can't fix a basic 🤬 suspension tuning feature.

I'm not even interested in driving the Senna cars if I can't adjust camber to help balance the car. Freaking garbage...

*Goes back to the PS4 and turns on Watch Dogs*

EDIT: Read the next two post as well before liking this! ;)

@AJHG1000 - 1.08 Undocumented Change; When watching a race online, or a replay of one, you can now scroll through the field of cars simply by pressing up & down on the D-Pad (just like you could in previous versions like GT3, GT4, & GT5 Prologue). Also, there is much less black-screen-lag when changing between cars, sometimes none at all. I'm sure this will help the stewards of various GT Planet racing series no end.

This is one off my wishlist, so thank you PD. Much more elegant & simple than accessing some clunky onscreen menu to change between target cars.

👍

Last edited:
Back