GT6 Update 1.08 (Undocumented Changes in OP)

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 474 comments
VBR
@AJHG1000 - 1.08 Undocumented Change; When watching a race online, or a replay of one, you can now scroll through the field of cars simply by pressing up & down on the D-Pad (just like you could in previous versions like GT3, GT4, & GT5 Prologue). Also, there is much less black-screen-lag when changing between cars, sometimes none at all. I'm sure this will help the stewards of various GT Planet racing series no end.

This is one off my wishlist, so thank you PD. Much more elegant & simple than accessing some clunky onscreen menu to change between target cars.

👍

Except I already pointed that out in update 1.07 ;)

So I was watching an online race last night in the room and noticed that now using just the d-pad on the DS3, you can cycle between cars without selecting the button. Unsure if this also applies to replays, but just found that interesting.

I can now confirm that this also applies to offline replays as well.

Except I already pointed that out in update 1.07 ;)

Sorry, I did look in the OP of update 1.07 before I made my post here, but I couldn't see any reference to it. Please give me a link to your post where you pointed this out.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found them. I see you didn't post an @Johnnypenso so he was aware of it, maybe that's why it escaped his notice & he never included it in his OP. :P

Last edited:
They really should have announced that the 97T has a range of wings, decals etc.

Every time I enter a lobby I ask if people know about them and everyone immediately leaves to check them out.

PD need to blow their own trumpet more :lol:

Man this thread is a mess :boggled:

Didn't see these in the OP and I am NOT going through 12 pages of "conversation" to look for it, so...

Has anyone tested camber?
Has anyone tested the cockpit lighting issues?
Has anyone tested the paddle only shifting with different transmissions?

I'll try to test some when I can but the kids are hogging the TV with Sonic the Hedgehog right now :lol:

I know these wouldn't really be changes if nothing is different but they're big enough issues to warrant a mention in the OP I think since there is so much gobbledygook in here :rolleyes:

Man this thread is a mess :boggled:

Didn't see these in the OP and I am NOT going through 12 pages of "conversation" to look for it, so...

Has anyone tested camber?
Has anyone tested the cockpit lighting issues?
Has anyone tested the paddle only shifting with different transmissions?

I'll try to test some when I can but the kids are hogging the TV with Sonic the Hedgehog right now :lol:

I know these wouldn't really be changes if nothing is different but they're big enough issues to warrant a mention in the OP I think since there is so much gobbledygook in here :rolleyes:

Camber doesn't work, cockpit light still the same as far as I can tell (to be honest it's always looked fine to me), don't know about the third question because I only have a DS3.

Fixed Glitches and Bugs

Personal BGM bug seems to be fixed: previously I would hear the same 20-30 tracks over and over, sometimes a track would get played twice within 15-20 minutes. Now I seem to be hearing all tracks that have otherwise been ignored from the playlist and I have not heard a track repeated once in the last two hours so far.

I posted about my annoyance at this bug here..... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/whats-in-your-personal-bgm.304369/page-2#post-9701000

The problem I had with that is it would sometimes play the in-built GT music, which I wanted to avoid by setting everything to user BGM. But nope, without fail it would go back to the GT music.

Good to know. I was afraid it was just an F1 thing. I'll save round 3 till later with my wheel rather than try and learn a new controller layout.
It is an F1 thing. The car's throttle is difficult to modulate because of massive turbolag and boost. Those are problems the drivers dealt with in person. Using the crappy triggers on the DS3 makes it worse. The joystick is doable.

I prefer it they were more unique to each other. They all look the same as each other.
The reason many of them will have similarities is because of design trends among the young designer community who are mostly responsible for these concepts.

You'll notice the Benzo looks like an alien spaceship overall, and the BMW looks almost production-ready, but they both still have elements that can be found on each other as well as the Mitsu and VW. Look at concept drawings from all over the car industry within the past couple decades and you'll notice a lot of trends such as huge wheels and low ground effects, thin lights, tiny mirrors, etc. As production cars have many similar features, concepts have many similar features.

Did a camber test. Same procedure I did for the previous ones. S2000 around 500pp on SS tire around Cape Ring Periphery. Mainly making use of the "ring". The data is mainly centered around the ring section.

14+-+1

14+-+2

The first pic's focus is lat G and compare that with steering input. Green being 0 camber and pink being -2 deg all around. The Green pulls higher G all around at smoother and less need to have steering correction.

2nd Pics again shows the steering, and you can see the use of brake and throttle. The throttle trace for the green is much has no point where I had to back off completely to fight understeer.

The time split in the ring from entry to exit shows the camber less setup being about 0.5 sec faster just in this section. Overall laptime is of course faster also.

So no, Camber is still not fixed.
I'm still not sure why people think camber is broken. The game does not simulate tire sidewall flex and therefore having more negative camber will only decrease the tire's footprint. Does the game simulate appropriate suspension geometries? Because without simulated tire flex, adding negative camber could still help a McPherson strut geometry create more grip while turning, but would make it worse for a double wishbone and most multilinks because they typically gain negative camber under compression.

As far as I can tell, camber adjustment is functional. The missing link is tire sidewall flex.

EDT: @fizzer makes another excellent point. Banking will spoil any camber testing because the g-loading and suspension compression is unnaturally high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a camber test. Same procedure I did for the previous ones. S2000 around 500pp on SS tire around Cape Ring Periphery. Mainly making use of the "ring". The data is mainly centered around the ring section.

14+-+1

14+-+2

The first pic's focus is lat G and compare that with steering input. Green being 0 camber and pink being -2 deg all around. The Green pulls higher G all around at smoother and less need to have steering correction.

2nd Pics again shows the steering, and you can see the use of brake and throttle. The throttle trace for the green is much has no point where I had to back off completely to fight understeer.

The time split in the ring from entry to exit shows the camber less setup being about 0.5 sec faster just in this section. Overall laptime is of course faster also.

So no, Camber is still not fixed.

Were you up on the banking or on the flat the whole time? Testing camber on steep banking is not a good test, especially just testing 0 and -2. If camber is working right (not saying it is) you could have easily went way past optimal camber on a banking for that car.

The more banking you have, the the less camber you'd want to maintain optimal contact patch.

I'm still not sure why people think camber is broken. The game does not simulate tire sidewall flex and therefore having more negative camber will only decrease the tire's footprint. Does the game simulate appropriate suspension geometries? Because without simulated tire flex, adding negative camber could still help a McPherson strut geometry create more grip while turning, but would make it worse for a double wishbone and most multilinks because they typically gain negative camber under compression.

As far as I can tell, camber adjustment is functional. The missing link is tire sidewall flex.

The fact that reasonable camber angles increased grip in previous games suggests that they were ignoring sidewall flex whilst still acknowledging that moderate camber results in a larger tyre footprint, so I don't see why they'd stop now.

I just noticed a bug.

Ussually, if you change the tires type like racing->sport, the tire contour changes.

Not on Lotus 97T. Its stays on racing.

I just noticed a bug.

Ussually, if you change the tires type like racing->sport, the tire contour changes.

Have you tried with comfort tires?

lol 2000 posts

Last edited:
Hardly an earth shattering change I admit but aren't some of the GT Auto icons new on the GT Life screen?

EDIT / Never mind I was totally wrong. Story of my life...

Last edited:
I just noticed a bug.

Isn't that the case with all formula cars? The rain tyres look quite good though.
Hardly an earth shattering change I admit but aren't some of the GT Auto icons new on the GT Life screen?

They look the same to me, but I never looked particularly closely at them so maybe.

@@AJHG1000 - Fixed Glitch
The Course Conditions Screen on Sarthe 2005 now shows the red dot going the right way around the map.
(didn't put the header on it the first time.)

EDT: @fizzer makes another excellent point. Banking will spoil any camber testing because the g-loading and suspension compression is unnaturally high.

Camber does not rely on sidewall flex. If that were so then low profile tyres would need no camber. You should be able to see this clearly if you have a model car around somewhere. Just push down on its suspension and you will see the wheels gain positive camber. You put on negative camber to correct this.

<< see this, no tyre wall flex needed

As for the point about the banking, it might not help you tune for best camber for normal conering but you still need camber and a few degrees (which is nothing) would help.

The more banking you have, the the less camber you'd want to maintain optimal contact patch.

Camber insures you maintain the optimal contact patch...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back