GT6 Update 1.08 (Undocumented Changes in OP)

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 474 comments
A random 1.08 glitch I found. Happened at Ascari when I pressed 'start' to send a message in a lobby, went into auto drive and hit a gravel trap and did 637MPH:odd:. I only found this out by looking at my stats. Has anyone else experienced this at all?? I try to see if a friend can record this happening for better proof.
Also makes a good meme too, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...s-re-use-flooding.291335/page-58#post-9716599

(*Note my PS3 is NOT MODIFIED IN ANY WAY NOR IS MY GAME SAVE. The photo is NOT EDITED either, its 100% real)

2014-05-30 11.28.26.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, however I am getting a weird glitch where I complete the Mitsubishi VGT Seasonal event with a Gold time, receive the prize car, but then my time isn't posted to the leaderboards. All other events are working okay, I'm signed into the PSN and my internet is fine. I completed the seasonal again since, but still no time on the leaderboards.

Edit - Worked perfectly at the 3rd time.

Last edited:
While I can't argue against the point that the game developers and publishers fell over a bit with GT6, I will point out they have no control whatsoever how or what everyone else thinks of it. That's every individual's choice and responsibility. But hey, it's 2014 and few left on the planet seem to choose to take responsibility for themselves.

True. But I'd have to think that when they removed a lot of the options and content that were in GT5 (shuffle racing, trading cars, zooming in on your track map, etc.) and then telling us that we would get things in January and February that we still haven't received, they had to expect some pretty serious backlash. I was always tolerant of these shortcomings in GT5 but even I'm rather fed up with them and their game. Yet, I don't feel the need to troll every thread and voice my complaints to people that have no control over these things, and I still manage have hella fun with the game almost every day.

/Rant, I'm done with this and look forward to doing something I've been wanting to do in GT for the last 4 years............driving vintage open-wheel racers on vintage track layouts (even if the buildings aren't entirely accurate)!!! :cheers:

Yet, I don't feel the need to troll every thread and voice my complaints to people that have no control over these things

And as far as I can tell, no single person does. Most people with concerns speak up about them in one or two or maybe a few places and then carry on. That there's a lot of people with concerns isn't the same as one person trolling every thread on GTP.

Maybe that person exists. But I haven't seen them.

There's also plenty of people who are happy to defend the game, but I wouldn't accuse any of them of stalking people around the site replying to every negative post, because it simply wouldn't be true. They reply to a few as they feel is appropriate.

Iffy.

Layouts is Polyphony's generic term for alternate track maps, ie. Suzuka Full, Suzuka West, and Suzuka East is three layouts.

To my knowledge they've never done an alternate that was an earlier version of a track before. They change the surroundings of current layouts to suit them, adding barriers and cones as appropriate. That a period change requires a larger change in the surroundings isn't a reason to not expect them to be there.

If something is labelled as '85 Brands Hatch, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that it is actually a reasonable replica of '85 Brands Hatch. If the track was labelled '85 Brands w/ Modern Surroundings or some such, then sure.

Given what we know of PD and their work methods it was also a reasonable assumption that they were going to shortcut it like this, but I think in general if something is made into a retro version, you do it all. If random developer says that their new racing game has '85 Brands Hatch, you expect a full period version, not the '85 layout with modern surrounds.

A 2002 RX7 doesn't become a 1978 RX7 simply by changing the engine, drivetrain and suspension. Sure, it might drive identically to a 1978 RX7, but the fact that it looked like a 2002 would put some people off. You could work around this by only driving from bumper, not watching replays or whatever, but the fact remains that it's not entirely a 1978 RX7.

The same problem applies here. What they've done is nice and all, but they've not entirely made '85 Brands. For people who were interested in immersing themselves in that period of racing, it's a let down.

There are precedence though...The Le Mans 24 hours has several version of the circuit, and they are only minor changes in the layout not the actual surrounding...

The F3 car and the Lotus are also fully H-gate shifter supported, unlike the old Group C cars like the Sauber C9 or Jag or the 787B(or the McLaren F1 GTR for that matter), which IIRC can only be used in sequential mode. When IRL they are H-gate car...

Well as good as this sounds i arent getting updates as stops at 87% all time try it, and even deleted game data to try and still same now for the last 6 hours of trying it so just waste time with the crap they be put in it again :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Talk, but not complain. So this thread is only open to those who hold specific opinions. Got it.
More specifically, everyone with an opinion with base is welcome...

For example: "I enjoyed the update, the immersion was incredible, the sound and layouts are great"
or "I didn't liked it, the sound were too off from the real car IMO, the shifting gear sound too digital"

Not the unnecesary "OMGBBQ this update sucks, kaz should be fired the promise but NEVER deliver OMG RAWRR"

The F3 car and the Lotus are also fully H-gate shifter supported, unlike the old Group C cars like the Sauber C9 or Jag or the 787B(or the McLaren F1 GTR for that matter), which IIRC can only be used in sequential mode. When IRL they are H-gate car...
Indeed they are.

I tried using clutch with it, but when I did, the transmission would go into neutral and refuse to work until I shifted using one of the paddles on the wheel instead.

I use the 787B with clutch/H-shifter all the time, both versions, have the replays too.
T500RS with static paddle shifters removed + TH8RS. Been doing so, since GT6 v1.0.

So when I use it with the T500's original GT rim that has no rim paddles...
...there is no way to fudge, its clutch or no way to shift.

RemovedPaddles+.jpg

You are correct about the Sauber, have not tried the H on Jag/McLaren F1 GTR in v.1.08 yet.

Last edited:
I'm on the second install phase, and have had Approximately 20 mins left there for an hour and a half. Is this in any way normal? The hard disk LED flashes like normal and there is that glowing blue in the "progress bar" (which isn't a progress bar anymore), but this seems wrong now.

Why is there a second install phase by the way? The first one took quite a long time as well, but at least it completed.

I'm on the second install phase, and have had Approximately 20 mins left there for an hour and a half. Is this in any way normal? The hard disk LED flashes like normal and there is that glowing blue in the "progress bar" (which isn't a progress bar anymore), but this seems wrong now.

Why is there a second install phase by the way? The first one took quite a long time as well, but at least it completed.

It took a very long time for me, the first estimated time on the second install phase was 80 minutes (?!?!?) Then it dropped to 20 after about 15 minutes and then maybe another 5-10 minutes before it was done. I'm not sure why there is a second phase of installs, it would be interesting to know the guts of this stuff and just what it's doing. I work with IT software programmers and sometimes when they're explaining stuff it's really interesting and other times they makes my head spin and I have to go lie down :lol:

There are precedence though...The Le Mans 24 hours has several version of the circuit, and they are only minor changes in the layout not the actual surrounding...

You are correct, Le Mans appears to be the first track for which they have "historical" versions, such as they are.

Did the surroundings at Le Mans change between 2005 and 2013? I doubt they changed in any significant way, and so keeping the same buildings in place is fairly acceptable. Even if they're not strictly accurate, 2013 buildings do not look out of place in 2005.

The difference between 1985 Brands and 2013 is non-trivial.

Should we have expected them not to remodel the surrounding area for a 1985 track because they didn't remodel a 2005 track from the 2013 version? I'm not sure that the precedence is strong in that one.

There are strong arguments to be made that the work involved in redoing the 2005 Le Mans wouldn't be worth it, in that few people would be able to spot the difference. Everyone can spot the difference between '85 and 2013 Brands, the only thing is whether people actually care or not. A significant proportion seem not to mind, which is fine, but I don't think it should come as a surprise that some people do care.

If a job is worth doing, it's worth doing well, and that doesn't strike me as doing a job well. It's what amateur mod teams do with historic versions of tracks that they alter, because they don't have the experience or manpower to remodel the entire track including surrounds. It's not optimal, but understandable.

If a AAA first party developer doesn't have the experience or manpower, then no one does.

Yep. Seems each VGT is getting it's own custom showroom.

So far all 3 have been 🤬 beautiful, WHY CANT WE HAVE THESE AS LOCATIONS, SERIOUSLY.
PD are missing a serious trick here. It would be perfectly OK that these locations were unavailable initially, but then they could get unlocked either by golding all car related races, or maybe connected to total GT6 completion or something. So not just extra content, but also extra game interest. This is a pretty common and simple idea, but it seems PD live on another planet from other game devs.

It took a very long time for me, the first estimated time on the second install phase was 80 minutes (?!?!?) Then it dropped to 20 after about 15 minutes and then maybe another 5-10 minutes before it was done. I'm not sure why there is a second phase of installs, it would be interesting to know the guts of this stuff and just what it's doing. I work with IT software programmers and sometimes when they're explaining stuff it's really interesting and other times they makes my head spin and I have to go lie down :lol:
That sounds like how it was with my 1.07 install (even the 80 minutes start), but now it just seems stuck, and since there really isn't a progress bar I have no idea if anything is really happening. Or is it a progress bar, but mine is at 0% still?

I'm half tempted to cut the power, but I fear that will mean that i have to download the 1,5 GB again :yuck:

A random 1.08 glitch I found. Happened at Ascari when I pressed 'start' to send a message in a lobby, went into auto drive and hit a gravel trap and did 637MPH:odd:. I only found this out by looking at my stats. Has anyone else experienced this at all?? I try to see if a friend can record this happening for better proof.
Also makes a good meme too, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...s-re-use-flooding.291335/page-58#post-9716599

(*Note my PS3 is NOT MODIFIED IN ANY WAY NOR IS MY GAME SAVE. The photo is NOT EDITED either, its 100% real)

View attachment 163639
Adding this to the OP, thank you for sharing this!!!

I'm sorry to see you save get screwed like that :(

Adding this to the OP, thank you for sharing this!!!

That glitch has actually been around for a while. I've had it happens several times, never reached that kind of speed but I've been able to drive my car from the lobby screen at least 5 or 6 times before 1.08.

No problem, I may find more, never know.

You miss read my post,I put a note on it to say that my "PS3 and save ARE NOT TAMPERED OR MODIFIED". My save is fine though, got a back up incase it screws up.

That glitch has actually been around for a while. I've had it happens several times, never reached that kind of speed but I've been able to drive my car from the lobby screen at least 5 or 6 times before 1.08.

This happened while driving not from the lobby screen. It happened when I pressed 'start' to send a message in a lobby. All I herd was tries squeeling and a crash impact sound. As auto drive speed up and hit the gravel trap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, because I'm sure it would have taken just an afternoon to model/create/render all the scenery and buildings and such. Total laziness. I don't pretend to know the kind of work that goes into making those kind of changes, therefore I'm not going to criticize them. My point, if people want a top-quality racing game with great graphics, effects, and the best track modeling currently on offer.........maybe we shouldn't be looking for that on a 7 year old console. I'm still amazed at what they manage on this piece of junk hardware and until I can afford to buy a proper PC I'm not going to complain too much about what we do have.

I don't care for PD and I think the core portion of GT6 (and GT5 for that matter) is garbage, I'm certainly not defending them or their crap game, but luckily me and my friends still manage to have a helluva good time with it despite it's failings. 👍

Yeah, it would have taken some time to do it, but not as long as to model a track from scratch. If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing properly; & they didn't do a proper job. The fact that the console is 7 years old is no excuse for cutting corners when remodelling tracks (no pun intended). I'm also amazed at what they squeezed out of the PS3, but it doesn't excuse doing a half baked job on the Brands Hatch remodel.

I'm also enjoying some aspects of GT6, going for the occasional Free Run for instance.

I use the 787B with clutch/H-shifter all the time, both versions, have the replays too.
T500RS with static paddle shifters removed + TH8RS. Been doing so, since GT6 v1.0.

So when I use it with the T500's original GT rim that has no paddles...
...there is no way to fudge, its clutch or no way to shift.

View attachment 163653

You are correct about the Sauber, have not tried the H on Jag/McLaren F1 GTR in v.1.08 yet.

May have been Just the Sauber and the McLaren. Those I am certain, but less so with Mazda and the Jag.

If a job is worth doing, it's worth doing well, and that doesn't strike me as doing a job well. It's what amateur mod teams do with historic versions of tracks that they alter, because they don't have the experience or manpower to remodel the entire track including surrounds. It's not optimal, but understandable.

It does strike me as lazy, considering that nowadays for console game they have the liberty of HDD and can actually expand on the content. If you look at PC side of things even from years ago with something like Race07/WTCC/GTR Evo/blah blah thing that Simbin had, they had so many version of the same track that are actually more different from version to version....

That's not really the point, when you actually look at qualifying engines.
Tbf it wouldn't be at 1500bhp, more around 1200 for that Renault engine. But still.
The point? I said no. It doesnt have any power upgrades. The fact it does 360+kmh was an added, not an excuse. 👍

Last edited:
Back