GT6 Update 1.08 (Undocumented Changes in OP)

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 474 comments
This happened while driving not from the lobby screen. It happened when I pressed 'start' to send a message in a lobby. All I herd was tries squeeling and a crash impact sound. As auto drive speed up and hit the gravel trap.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I was at the the lobby screen (where you can adjust the room settings, go to your garage, etc.) and in the little preview window my car suddenly exited the pits and started driving without me. I could control it, but only steering and going in reverse because if I hit the accelerator it would select whatever option the arrow was on in the lobby menu. Here's a video from April I took showing it, had it happen several times since then. (Perhaps this isn't what happened to you, but that's how I understood your description. I didn't have the insane speed that you experienced though).

The F3 car and the Lotus are also fully H-gate shifter supported, unlike the old Group C cars like the Sauber C9 or Jag or the 787B(or the McLaren F1 GTR for that matter), which IIRC can only be used in sequential mode. When IRL they are H-gate car...

May have been Just the Sauber and the McLaren. Those I am certain, but less so with Mazda and the Jag.

Don't know if you are referring to the two McLaren F1 GTR '95s or the BMW McLaren F1 GTR '97 Long tail.
GT6's '97 long tail had a sequential box IRL, the two 95's in GT6 had H-shifter manual transmissions.
The stock gearbox was replaced with a new X-trac 6-speed sequential transmission.
Source, McLaren F1 GTR Wikipedia page. The Jaguar also had a manual transmission.

So to clarify:
1) The 787B H-shifter does work.
2) The '97 BMW McLaren has a sequential in IRL so H-shifter will not work.
3) There is a known previously-documented issue with the Sauber's H-shifter not working.
4) I will check the Jaguar and two '95 McLarens when I get to the PS3 later today and update this post.

My suggestion, is that people do a bit more research prior to posting.
I am all for developer criticism when they don't get it right, but I have issues with sloppy reporting.
A lot of people rely on these update change threads, its a dis-service to them to provide inaccurate info.

If anyone has ever wondered why I ruled the previous "undocumented changes" threads with an iron fist to keep things on topic, now you know...lol.

This thread is not up to your quality standards. Hopefully the overseer can reel that in.

Last edited:
You are correct, Le Mans appears to be the first track for which they have "historical" versions, such as they are.

Did the surroundings at Le Mans change between 2005 and 2013? I doubt they changed in any significant way, and so keeping the same buildings in place is fairly acceptable. Even if they're not strictly accurate, 2013 buildings do not look out of place in 2005.

The difference between 1985 Brands and 2013 is non-trivial.

Should we have expected them not to remodel the surrounding area for a 1985 track because they didn't remodel a 2005 track from the 2013 version? I'm not sure that the precedence is strong in that one.

There are strong arguments to be made that the work involved in redoing the 2005 Le Mans wouldn't be worth it, in that few people would be able to spot the difference. Everyone can spot the difference between '85 and 2013 Brands, the only thing is whether people actually care or not. A significant proportion seem not to mind, which is fine, but I don't think it should come as a surprise that some people do care.

If a job is worth doing, it's worth doing well, and that doesn't strike me as doing a job well. It's what amateur mod teams do with historic versions of tracks that they alter, because they don't have the experience or manpower to remodel the entire track including surrounds. It's not optimal, but understandable.

If a AAA first party developer doesn't have the experience or manpower, then no one does.

I can only agree. Actually there are some amateur modders who have made old tracks for the likes of GTR2 etc from scratch that have modelled old buildings on old versions of circuits and even include old advertising boards. They have done that for free and mostly from old pictures and footage and it's been done very well.

I love the new cars that have been released today but the tracks are less than I had expected. They are great to drive on and in fact I prefer both Brands Hatch and Monza to their more recent versions BUT I was expecting a more convincing older feel to the surroundings (run off areas, old advertising hoardings and buildings). So I do feel a tiny bit disappointed as it could have been done better. Did they run out of time again? Maybe they are both works in progress and we will get a more authentic feel? Then again, maybe that's it.... I hope not.

This is not a complaint, just my part of what should be an interesting grown up discussion.

And it would appear that there aren't too many undocumented changes this time.

Last edited:
Don't know if you are referring to the two McLaren F1 GTR '95s or the BMW McLaren F1 GTR '97 Long tail.
GT6's '97 long tail had a sequential box IRL, the two 95's in GT6 had H-shifter manual transmissions.

Source, McLaren F1 GTR Wikipedia page. The Jaguar also had a manual transmission.

So to clarify:
1) The 787B H-shifter does work.
2) The '97 BMW McLaren has a sequential in IRL so H-shifter will not work.
3) There is a known previously-documented issue with the Sauber's H-shifter not working.
4) I will check the Jaguar and two '95 McLarens when I get to the PS3 later today and update this post.

My suggestion, is that people do a bit more research prior to posting.
I am all for developer criticism when they don't get it right, but I have issues with sloppy reporting.
A lot of people rely on these update change threads, its a dis-service to them to provide inaccurate info.

The real GTR 95 had H-gate boxes, and in GT6, as far as maybe 2-3 updates ago when I last used it, cannot be used with H-gate shifter in game. Maybe they alter it in one of the earlier update, maybe not. But I cannot say for sure. I know the 97 car has sequential box, but I don't bother driving that car being a non-premium...

My suggestion is not assume I don't know what I was talking about.

The real GTR 95 had H-gate boxes, and in GT6, as far as maybe 2-3 updates ago when I last used it, cannot be used with H-gate shifter in game. Maybe they alter it in one of the earlier update, maybe not. But I cannot say for sure. I know the 97 car has sequential box, but I don't bother driving that car being a non-premium...

My suggestion is not assume I don't know what I was talking about.

My point is be sure before you report "undocumented" changes to 1.08.
Does not concern your race car knowledge/proficiency. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what I meant. I was at the the lobby screen (where you can adjust the room settings, go to your garage, etc.) and in the little preview window my car suddenly exited the pits and started driving without me. I could control it, but only steering and going in reverse because if I hit the accelerator it would select whatever option the arrow was on in the lobby menu. Here's a video from April I took showing it, had it happen several times since then. (Perhaps this isn't what happened to you, but that's how I understood your description. I didn't have the insane speed that you experienced though).

That is not what happend to me, not even close. I have taken some pictures of what I did for that to happen and make it clearer to understand.

I pressed 'start' to send a message to another player in the lobby, while on track at Ascari. Like so,
Glitch1.jpg

And auto drive took over as it does, but instead of slowing down, it speed up and hit the gravel trap (pictured on the right.)

I then herd tires squeeling and a crash impact sound. Where it had hit a wall of some sort (physical or invisible, can't remeber) The car was like this,
Glitch2.jpg

And then reset it's self to track.

I have tired to remember and recreate as much as possible from memory, to illustrate what happened.

This is nothing at all like the driving in lobby menu glitch.

This should clear up what happened, it is a new glitch not a existing one.

That is not what happend to me, not even close. I have taken some pictures of what I did for that to happen and make it clearer to understand.

I pressed 'start' to send a message to another player in the lobby, while on track at Ascari. Like so, View attachment 163732
And auto drive took over as it does, but instead of slowing down, it speed up and hit the gravel trap (pictured on the right.)

I then herd tires squeeling and a crash impact sound. Where it had hit a wall of some sort (physical or invisible, can't remeber) The car was like this,View attachment 163739
And then reset it's self to track.

I have tired to remember and recreate as much as possible from memory, to illustrate what happened.

This is nothing at all like the driving in lobby menu glitch.

This should clear up what happened, it is a new glitch not a existing one.

Ahh, that's nothing like what I've experienced. I apologize for causing any confusion. 👍

The low to mid speed physics seem different to me, but I say this having only driven the senna cars. It seems like you can feel tyre side wall flex. Anyone else think so?

Anyway great update. The new track layouts are nice, especially monza. And the cars are a blast. The F3 sounds fantastic and that lotus is a turbo lagging beast to drive, very nice.

How can you compare physics by playing only senna content? ... no, physics did not change (and i would be very surprised if they did, in the middle of GT Academy). Everytime new patch comes out, somone will report about supposedly changed physics...placebo.

And they didn't fix top speed issue too...btw.

My point is be sure before you report.
Does not concern your race car knowledge proficiency.
And maybe be sure before you reply also? I have no obligation to check for every single fault that I noted before if they get updated everytime. But the fact that PD does seems to "sometimes" gets it wrong that means my assumption isn't necessarily off base.

While we are at it to check though, would be interested to know if Nissan Group C cars and the Minolta what are they using....

That's not really the point, when you actually look at qualifying engines.
Tbf it wouldn't be at 1500bhp, more around 1200 for that Renault engine. But still.

With an oil change it's around 1050BHP, which isn't that far off a qualifying engine. It's more than it would have raced with in 1985, wasn't until 1986 and late in the season that the power outputs got really crazy. Even then the Renault was good but not the most powerful. I'd prefer if they had let us choose between two engine/turbo upgrades to give us either version of the engine. Happy enough as it is though.

With an oil change it's around 1050BHP, which isn't that far off a qualifying engine. It's more than it would have raced with in 1985, wasn't until 1986 and late in the season that the power outputs got really crazy. Even then the Renault was good but not the most powerful. I'd prefer if they had let us choose between two engine/turbo upgrades to give us either version of the engine. Happy enough as it is though.
I'm much more bothered by the copious amounts of downforce given to the car. Far too much for a car of that era. It should have basically half the downforce of the Formula GT, but is runs with even more than the Red Bull Standard does.

Glitches & Bugs
-There's a glitch trying to run the Lotus at Indy in Time Trial mode. It boots you out to the main screen. :)[/quote]

Which Lotus?
The 97T is working fine for me!

Glitches & Bugs
-There's a glitch trying to run the Lotus at Indy in Time Trial mode. It boots you out to the main screen. :)

Which Lotus?
The 97T is working fine for me!
[/quote]
I reported it early this morning. It was something with my game...I rebooted and it worked fine. The OP just needs to be updated. No issues.

The point? I said no. It doesnt have any power upgrades. The fact it does 360+kmh was an added, not an excuse. 👍
Doesn't matter, turning out it's running at its qualifying spec of 1000hp anyway.
1500hp was an overestimate based on the Benetton's of 86.

I'm much more bothered by the copious amounts of downforce given to the car. Far too much for a car of that era. It should have basically half the downforce of the Formula GT, but is runs with even more than the Red Bull Standard does.

I noticed that too, you cant really turn it down as the minimum rear is 1000, so you have to run like 750/1000 to keep the balance.

No different to the majority of classic cars though.

I might have missed the memo on this, but I've just gone to test drive Like the Wind/SS Route X for my Yorkshire Gamer thread...

This used to be a relatively relaxed affair on the DS3 compared to the constant corrections of the wheel. Yeah. No. Even on the DS3 now the car is experiencing lateral forces like nobody's business and it's damned hard to keep a straight line going at 250mph. Like, so hard I'm going to have to switch to the wheel because that's easier to keep pointing the right way, particularly in traffic.

It's dramatically different to the last time I LTWed, which was during v1.06, so it may have been changed in 1.07 or 1.08...

Fixed Glitches and Bugs

Personal BGM bug seems to be fixed: previously I would hear the same 20-30 tracks over and over, sometimes a track would get played twice within 15-20 minutes. Now I seem to be hearing all tracks that have otherwise been ignored from the playlist and I have not heard a track repeated once in the last two hours so far.

I posted about my annoyance at this bug here..... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/whats-in-your-personal-bgm.304369/page-2#post-9701000

Last edited:
So the last update was nearly 1 gig. This update is nearly 1.5 gig. And what did it add exactly? 4 cars?

What else is hiding in there? Track Creator? Zahara?

The videos to the Senna update and the Vision cars take that much space!

The LOD of the cars has decreased IMO! The look way more blurrier and less detailes from sitance cam angles!

Last edited by a moderator:
@AJHG1000 I found one. When timed races were introduced in 1.07 "this is the final lap" didn't display until the leader crossed the line after time had expired. Now it displays "this is the final lap" as soon as time expires. (IMO this is now how it should be). 👍

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone else noticed or if I'm just imagining things but from the chase camera it sounds like you can hear turbos spooling now. Just drove the premium r32 gtr around Bathurst and heard it spooling through every gear.

Back