GT6 Update 1.09 (Undocumented Changes in OP) >Lock<

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by TheProRacer, Jun 18, 2014.

?

Are you happy with the content in this update?

1. Yes

95.6%
  2. No

4.4%
  1. MrUnknown

MrUnknown (Banned)

2. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

I noticed the same thing in Arcade Time Trial when trying to get some split times written down. Never got to the bottom of it, I just figured it was fixed or a glitch or people in the WRS would have noticed.

3. Dudeman

Dudeman

Same here, racing version is not paintable and never was. The reason I know this is when I get a new car I oil change then paint it. I have also tried after updates and the answer is still no, though I wish I could. :(

skidmarks likes this.
  4. turdhat

turdhat

I believe there have been some improvements in force feedback. I have a Fanatec wheel which emulates the g25. Curb effects and track imperfections like bumps are far more obvious now. I had to check my settings to see if anything was different. The understeer effect is still missing as it always has been in the Gt series however this seems to be the best yet. Wheel is gt2 Firmware 756.

fortbo likes this.
  5. Gcturbo

Gcturbo

Are you tell me that you have a window that shows the countdown?

Down right???

6. MrUnknown

MrUnknown (Banned)

On the low right corner.

7. Eyes Fried Open

Eyes Fried Open

I never noticed this until now but when smoke is in the shadow of a tree you can see the shadow effect in the smoke. not sure if this is new or not.

8. Sumo098

Sumo098

That's been a thing since GT5.

9. Gcturbo

Gcturbo

I can't believe I don't have it

I checked with my buddie and he doesn't have the countdown timer box either. How is that possible

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
  10. poumpoum

poumpoum

My rig is nearly ready so yesterday I decided to play with friends.

When I'm online, in a training session, I can look back (down arrow on my T500RS) but when the race start, I can't look back ? I push the down arrow but nothing happen ? Is this new ?

PS : We play with damage on and no assist and I use a triple screen and I only play on cockpit view...

11. Phouchg

Phouchg

That's a bug that seems to go together with the one that changes view in to cockpit for everyone. You'll have to cycle through the views to get back to cockpit and then you'll be able to look back.

poumpoum likes this.
  12. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

Like I said above but everyone ignored it, its probably not a bug.

Stephanos82 likes this.
  13. Phouchg

Phouchg

I saw your post but I don't think it's intentional. It's possible that they are experimenting with that and accidentally included it in this update. But since you can't use rear view and it's always forced on I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

14. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

Not for me, it's not - a few times it doesn't do it.

And yes maybe they are experimenting with it - but surely the negative backlash is enough to remove it or "fix" it if it really is a bug.

15. VBR

VBR Premium

@iainoflo85 - I think the suggestion was about having the option to force Drivers Eye View on everybody, so that they could use only that view. It would level the playing field for hardcore sim racers, & would be good for serious leagues & series.

Forcing everyone to start the race serves no intelligible purpose, so either PD did it deliberately & are thus completely stupid or it's a bug.

16. brian wolf

brian wolf

I bought a new Chevy Chevelle yesterday, with black stripes and when I painted it matt black the stripes stayed black. Previously they would turn white with matt paint colours. The stripes stayed black no matter what colour or type of paint i used.

17. Bhowe83

Bhowe83

So has anybody gone and shown the proof that camber has indeed been changed to be correct? Because at least for me on the TS030, I'm still getting faster times with 0/0

18. GBO Possum

GBO Possum Premium

Let me apologize in advance if this behavior has either been around for a while or has previously been reported.

I'm noticing that the Number of Wins statistic on individual cars does not include Seasonal A-Spec wins.

I found this when I noticed that a car I had used to win still had zero wins, so I checked another car as well. Same thing.

19. TexRex

TexRex Premium

Fixed. (Checked 30 seconds ago)
    Compared to what exactly? Default settings with only camber changed, a borrowed tune with only camber changed, your own best tune with camber then only camber changed, or your best tune with camber v. your best tune without?

20. TheProRacer

TheProRacer

I'm back guys. Sorry for not updating the OP. Thanks to the moderator that updated it.

21. Bhowe83

Bhowe83

From the telemetry done on my tunes with and without camber on the data analysis I had more lateral grip, less steering angle, and higher speeds when I used no camber vs camber.

This was at Le Mans in a test session and all runs were back to back under the same conditions. I did run a slightly faster time with camber, but that was due to having a better line through the final chicanes.

It may be placebo, or it may just be that my tunes are wrong or driving inconsistent, but I'd like an opinion and data from somebody else to see if my claim is correct

22. turdhat

turdhat

TheProRacer and AJHG1000 like this.
  23. 05XR8

05XR8

Has anyone started a single player race by grid start yet? If so, how do you set it up?

24. meek

meek

I don't think it's a good idea to use a track like Le Mans and its numerous high speed turns to check if camber has been fixed. A track with slow corners would work better.
    Not saying camber is fixed (if it isn't bring us back 1.08 physics PDI, cos I dislike my cars being half a second slower) btw.

25. NJ72

NJ72

Camber has a greater effect on high-speed turns (in real life) as it compresses the suspension more causing more of the tyre surface to come in to contact with the ground.

If you go round a corner slowly then it won't compress the suspension and thus you wouldn't really know. As such I'd say quite the opposite from what you are saying.

The only difference is the long straights as, again in real life, the car should accelerate quicker with 0 camber as the tyres will be fully in contact with the tarmac (excluding the lumps and bumps on the track)

26. Bhowe83

Bhowe83

Most of my focus was on the sweeping right hander on pit straight, tetre rouge (I believe that's what it's called) and the Porsche™ curves

27. TexRex

TexRex Premium

@TheProRacer Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo video now subtitled. Unknown whether this came with 1.09 or the GWFOS ninja update.

28. TheProRacer

TheProRacer

Yeah, that came in the last update (1.08).

29. TexRex

TexRex Premium

Then stand back as I attempt to insert my foot into my mouth. :lol:

TheProRacer likes this.
  30. regnar

regnar Premium

I think that the update only effected online, haven't seen any changes to offline events.