GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,473 comments
Okay, so I took my favorite Gr.1 car to Le Mans for some fuel testing. :)

I did a custom race, but forgot to adjust the refuel rate. It was set to the default 3L/sec. I am told that 7L/sec is the typical refuel rate for daily races.
Using full power, and pitting for a slower than normal refueling, my race time was 18:01.
Using FM6, my lap times were about 9 seconds per lap slower, but my race time was 17:53.

If I had the refueling rate set correctly, it probably would've have ended up being about the same race time.

So, for this car, I don't think it will make much difference if you stop, or not. Personally, I would rather stop for fuel, so I can drive the car at full power. Getting ahead of other cars early, is obviously advantageous.

***Btw, the medium tires are still good enough after 5 laps. 👍

After about an hour of lapping I hit a nice one at Sardegna, one of my favorite tracks. Gr4 is my strongest category so I usually aim for top 100 or as close as I can get to it. This lap was global #54 when I set it, which was good enough for #7 in my region. I’m sure it’ll fall a few spots but I’m very happy with the lap. Time to get some wins this week.

Oh that's actually very easy to answer 🤣 Just like a car in real life, if you have upgraded brakes, tires, etc you can brake later turn faster and more precisely.

In this case, it's all about the wheel and pedal quality. Direct drive wheels and spring-loaded pedals with excellent setup possibility allow you to do just that!

After many months, I'm around 1.3sec faster than my best controller times using my wheel and pedals (G29) but tried out my friend's Fanatec (which cost him almost 4X more than mine) for about an hour, I was already more than half a second faster than my G29 times using same car, etc.

Would have gone quicker if I had more time and it's mostly to adjust to the new, more precise capabilities and forgetting the muscle memory of my wheel. You'd be "Oh crap, I need to brake now!" but actually have 1 or 2 more car lengths more before applying the steering and pedal motions!
Whoohoo, that's great. Now I can tell myself that it's not me who is too slow, but only my crappy five years old PS4 controller.😜🍻

(Looking timidly to my right... my wife's glance is unambiguous, and it means: "don't even think about it for one second!"🤣)

Oh that's actually very easy to answer 🤣 Just like a car in real life, if you have upgraded brakes, tires, etc you can brake later turn faster and more precisely.

In this case, it's all about the wheel and pedal quality. Direct drive wheels and spring-loaded pedals with excellent setup possibility allow you to do just that!

After many months, I'm around 1.3sec faster than my best controller times using my wheel and pedals (G29) but tried out my friend's Fanatec (which cost him almost 4X more than mine) for about an hour, I was already more than half a second faster than my G29 times using same car, etc.

Would have gone quicker if I had more time and it's mostly to adjust to the new, more precise capabilities and forgetting the muscle memory of my wheel. You'd be "Oh crap, I need to brake now!" but actually have 1 or 2 more car lengths more before applying the steering and pedal motions!
Completely agree. Picked up at least a second when i upgraded my G29 to have a load cell brake pedal. And I am convinced a direct drive wheel with enough force to actually feel the road would result in another similar gain.

The guys getting A+ and cracking the top 100 on controllers are legends in my opinion...

Completely agree. Picked up at least a second when i upgraded my G29 to have a load cell brake pedal. And I am convinced a direct drive wheel with enough force to actually feel the road would result in another similar gain.

The guys getting A+ and cracking the top 100 on controllers are legends in my opinion...
What load cell brake pedal did you get for the G29?

I fear for GT, the daily race lobbies B and C I’m referring to are becoming untenable.

Dirty driving is rife, there is no protection for drivers who try to race fair, the penalty system non existent and the races being decided too often by who can punt the other guy off and do it in such a way to not get a penalty - I’ve played 6 races today - have won 2, 2nd in one and nowhere in the others but in every race been driven into, been used as a brake for another car, in my last but one started 2nd but by end of first lap 14th - the race finished with 8 drivers… 8 drivers. I’ve mentioned before that people aren’t playing the game and this is part of the reason why - Poly don’t do anything positive, stick with an archaic mechanic to rank drivers - it’s becoming too much effort for too little return.

I get the people who read the forum are generally big supporters of the franchise, I used to be but one word describes it to me - Tired.

I had huge hopes GT7 would move the franchise back to where it had been but it hasnt worked for me, now they plan to port it to the PC - I think that Shows where the priorities going Forward.

I had huge hopes GT7 would move the franchise back to where it had been but it hasnt worked for me, now they plan to port it to the PC - I think that Shows where the priorities going Forward.
If they do eventually allow people to do the GT races on PCs, won't that open the door for cheating modders?

In the next one I had the "no engine sound" glitch
I had this in Race C - very disconcerting, feels like you're driving an electric car.,

Anyway, when I pitted for tyres my mechanics managed to switch the electric motor for a proper internal combustion engine, so the rest of the race was a lot noisier! 🙂
But honestly, watching the alien replays, I see them doing things that - not even considering my inferior skill level - feel like physically impossible to do, even using the same car. How can they brake 25 meters later without overshooting the turn? Cutting over the biggest curbs without the car jumping even a little bit?
I feel like this at times - downloaded a replay ghost at one of the races recently (can't remember which one), and the ghost crossed the start line 10 mph faster than me and, by the time I exited turn 1 he was already at turn 2!

It's the same with the people that get a penalty, you pass them as they slow, and then they start to catch up with you straight away - surely that shouldn't be possible?

Well, I'm not A+ and will never be, but I've cracked the top 100 in Race A twice. Am I half a legend? A leg or an end?🤣
YOu're a bit quicker than me and this time last week i was bees appendage from A+, like the little bar was 95% of the way over. Now, I know I am not of A+ pace but a string of strong tracks has worked in my favour though I am being found out this week, not so much on pace but on hitting the COD.

YOu're a bit quicker than me and this time last week i was bees appendage from A+, like the little bar was 95% of the way over. Now, I know I am not of A+ pace but a string of strong tracks has worked in my favour though I am being found out this week, not so much on pace but on hitting the COD.
Best tip I can offer is to coast from far left (inches from barriers) around 4 car lengths from the left-side part of COD. As soon as you're almost through with car pointing as right as you can onto the orange churn on the right, floor it again!

Might not be the fastest way but you'll save time on the exit with good speed and zero oversteer, plus not hitting anything also helps 🤣

What load cell brake pedal did you get for the G29?
The Ricmotech RMT-LC27. Not sure if product links are allowed, so I'll leave it there...lol

Its a conversion, so just a little bit of screwdriver skill is needed. They have a good video.

Then you also take the old brake spring rubber out and put it in the gas pedal instead, which makes that feel a lot better too.

Last edited:
I had this in Race C - very disconcerting, feels like you're driving an electric car.,

Anyway, when I pitted for tyres my mechanics managed to switch the electric motor for a proper internal combustion engine, so the rest of the race was a lot noisier! 🙂

I feel like this at times - downloaded a replay ghost at one of the races recently (can't remember which one), and the ghost crossed the start line 10 mph faster than me and, by the time I exited turn 1 he was already at turn 2!

It's the same with the people that get a penalty, you pass them as they slow, and then they start to catch up with you straight away - surely that shouldn't be possible?
are you using automatic shifting or manual? I find myself jumping off the line slower in automatic than manual and obvs with manual you can keep the engine in its happy band easier than with an auto, I think that has to be part of it.

course if you're already on manual the only explanation is hacking ghosts. obvs

Best tip I can offer is to coast from far left (inches from barriers) around 4 car lengths from the left-side part of COD. As soon as you're almost through with car pointing as right as you can onto the orange churn on the right, floor it again!

Might not be the fastest way but you'll save time on the exit with good speed and zero oversteer, plus not hitting anything also helps 🤣
I actually know what I am struggling with, taken me two years but I have it figured out. I don't get the car straightened up quickly enough after the left hander BEFORE the COD, I am then either entering the COD unsettled or entering too late once my car is settled. I most often hit the barrier to the right as I am entering at too shallow a line.

Last edited:
One of the reasons I use the the Supra so much is the gearing telepathic, it shifts down RIGHT when I need it to, so many other cars hang onto a gear too long and I cannot rotate with the AT. The Z4 is good for this too.

One of the reasons I use the the Supra so much is the gearing telepathic, it shifts down RIGHT when I need it to, so many other cars hang onto a gear too long and I cannot rotate with the AT. The Z4 is good for this too.
which is funny because I can't get either of them to turn but the 911 RSR for me is a monster and I'm always consistent with it and can get it to turn wherever and whenever I want. Aren't differences in driving styles neat?

which is funny because I can't get either of them to turn but the 911 RSR for me is a monster and I'm always consistent with it and can get it to turn wherever and whenever I want. Aren't differences in driving styles neat?
Oh hands down the 911 turns in better than either of those cars but with AT, D-pad and X button i value a secure rear end above all else.

To get AT cars to change down, it's a weird style. I sort of DIVE hard into corner with high entry speed and high exit speed but I am slow mid corner. The "dive" is to force the AT to change down.

Still spending time in Race C, I start on medium and my main aim is to survive lap one and make it clear to the other drivers that I respect them.

After lap 2 the racing starts and I apart from the dirty drivers it's a lot of fun.

After the result using the AMG on my 2nd account, decided to try it on the main one and super happy! One of the most satisfying results I've had as lobby was all A/ A+ and I started in P11.

Not sure why I didn't get a clean race bonus but finished in P4 🎉😎

Attachments

• 184f39e21e332-screenshotUrl.jpg
    184f39e21e332-screenshotUrl.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 184f39e089a9-screenshotUrl.jpg
    184f39e089a9-screenshotUrl.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
YOu're a bit quicker than me and this time last week i was bees appendage from A+, like the little bar was 95% of the way over.
Maybe in TT or qualifying, but not in actual races, I would assume. I'm way too nervous and make lots of mistakes. As soon as I start racing again, I'll probably be back in DR B in less than five races (right now I use my second account for daily races).

After the result using the AMG on my 2nd account, decided to try it on the main one and super happy! One of the most satisfying results I've had as lobby was all A/ A+ and I started in P11.

Not sure why I didn't get a clean race bonus but finished in P4 🎉😎

OK that is weird, Europe is usually a touch faster than Americas but you ran a 39 in clean air on the 3rd lap. If you're not doing at least a mid 37 in Americas you get absolutely eaten up for pace. Your grid was stacked too, even weirder. Regardless, superb navigation of the crap shoot on lap 1.

I've found six or seven ways how to take the COD.

None of them works.🤣

OK that is weird, Europe is usually a touch faster than Americas but you ran a 39 in clean air on the 3rd lap. If you're not doing at least a mid 37 in Americas you get absolutely eaten up for pace. Your grid was stacked too, even weirder. Regardless, superb navigation of the crap shoot on lap 1.
You're spot on about that, maybe it was karma finally giving me a positive boost 😂 My average (not fighting for positions) lap time is around 1:37:4 but I had a bit of a gap and noticed the ones behind me were fighting, so I knew I could hold back from pushing too much and risk a crash or mistake 🙂

I did take it slightly too easy as P5 got the gap down by less than 1 seconds by the end of the race but thankfully, all's well ends well this one time for me 🤣

I thought the M6 (presumably you meant that, not M3) endurance and sprint models were exactly the same handling. Is that not the case? Perhaps I should own both models then.
For some reason their PP totals are a fraction off. I haven’t figured out why though. Maybe that accounts for their different performance?
Exactly the same here, but only with the Mustang. Thankfully a car that I really like.😁

But honestly, watching the alien replays, I see them doing things that - not even considering my inferior skill level - feel like physically impossible to do, even using the same car. How can they brake 25 meters later without overshooting the turn? Cutting over the biggest curbs without the car jumping even a little bit?

And, of course, running through the COD without lifting.

Witchcraft.🤣
I set my fastest time on Monday in the 911, then experimented with other cars yesterday. I came close in the Mustang, and then switched back to the 911 today and after 65 laps I can’t touch my time from Monday?!

The thing that’s irritating me is that 2/3 of my quali laps don’t count. If I touch a wall in the CoD that lap is disqualified, but the penalty is enforced and entire lap lawyer, which makes it equally useless. Only on the third lo, IF I hit it perfectly, will I get a time that may work, but then the process usually starts over again. What a horrible way to implement penalties on a qualification lap. And with the penalty system being absolute trash, and no hope of it getting better, this may be my last seeking driving for a while. I’m sick of putting in hours of practice time only to have a fraction of it be worth anything, and then getting killed in a race with absolutely no recourse. The return on time invested in Sport mode is clearly not worth it to me.

The thing that’s irritating me is that 2/3 of my quali laps don’t count. If I touch a wall in the CoD that lap is disqualified, but the penalty is enforced and entire lap lawyer, which makes it equally useless. Only on the third lo, IF I hit it perfectly, will I get a time that may work, but then the process usually starts over again. What a horrible way to implement penalties on a qualification lap. And with the penalty system being absolute trash, and no hope of it getting better, this may be my last seeking driving for a while. I’m sick of putting in hours of practice time only to have a fraction of it be worth anything, and then getting killed in a race with absolutely no recourse. The return on time invested in Sport mode is clearly not worth it to me.
I totally get your point here. Been there myself several times before. But wait, I'm sure next weeks races will be better in that regard. For example the one with Gr4 at....

...Yamagiwa. Oh ****. 🤣

Last edited:
Good evening hive mind,
I "think" I "should" know this, but after crashing yet again in lap 1 or 2 in Race C Sardgena at turn 10 (fast sweeping left with cushions on the right side). Is the game sophisticated to increase the weight of the car with a full tank of fuel? In qualifying I can hold my line on this turn, but in the race the car seems to want to drift or push more to the outside.
Thanks for your input.
a

Back