GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 30,142 comments
I try to play it cool, nowadays. I try to not get into fights on the track. But this kind of stuff here, will still make me see red, and hunt you down.
Full-on Vigilante mode. :mad:

Had a dude in a Gr3 Beetle do this to me yesterday during the main straight. Like bro what the hell. Why?

This really does seem simple but I keep hearing people say it's not SPORT that is of importance, it is the Nations/Manufacturers Cup. So tyre wear and fuel are huge considerations vs the mostly sprint races we do in Sport. I think Subaru Group 3 just won the Man. Cup and I never see them on track for example.
They always ran a different BoP on the WT. So I don't think that's the reason we have to suffer with this poor BoP.

I don't know what it is but the game feels as if they already are about to give up.
Sure, they update but they don't really seem to touch anything the players complain about.
I love new cars and especially new tracks as much as the next guy but the BoP has been broken on Gr4 since day one, yet not a.single attempt to fix it has been made.
And the penalty system, pfffff

In all honesty I had to learn not to use the brakes as much and to accelerate thorough the CoD with the 911. I tap the brakes to help turn in to the downhill S, and not at all on turn 3 and the CoD. If I accelerate through the chicanes it is remarkably stable. I gained an entire second when I stopped lifting off through the CoD.

I like the Mustang as well and am going to run some laps in it today. So far I’m not as quick in it, and it seems loose in weird places, but I think I may be able to shave some time off by the time I hit lap 20 and perpetual twilight sets in for some faster laps.
I tried almost a dozen different cars. The only ones I could go semi-quick with were the AMG and the M6 (the endurance model, curiously not the sprint model). Then I went back to the Mustang and was half a second faster than with any other car. Weird.

And then I watched a replay of K. Drumont who has one of the top times. Holy ****. For a moment I thought that I'd better never ever should touch a controller again.😆

Last edited:
7x fuel at Le Mans should mean two stops, seeing as the LMP1s could only do 14 laps in a stint, but apparently the cars in GT7 have bottomless fuel tanks.
I've run some tests using custom race, BOP, and the fuel settings. The Porsche LMP1 can go about 3.5 laps at Mix 1. Mix 4 and i think you can no stop. I really hope it works out that stopping is required. I think it will as running Mix 4 or higher really slows you down and there are too many extremely long high speed stretches to really make saving work out.

I'm sure there will be testing lobbies this weekend to play around in and figure it out

I tried almost a dozen different cars. The only ones I could go semi-quick with were the AMG and the M3 (the endurance model, curiously not the sprint model). Then I went back to the Mustang and was half a second faster than with any other car. Weird.

And then I watched a replay of K. Drumont who has one of the top times. Holy ****. For a moment I thought that I'd better never ever should touch a controller again.😆
I thought the M6 (presumably you meant that, not M3) endurance and sprint models were exactly the same handling. Is that not the case? Perhaps I should own both models then.

I thought the M6 (presumably you meant that, not M3) endurance and sprint models were exactly the same handling. Is that not the case? Perhaps I should own both models then.
Yeah thanks, of course, the M6 (i corrected it). Well, I thought that, too. Maybe it was just me, and it might be just random that I got one going and not the other one. I'm not a super consistent driver, so it might just have happened.

Last edited:
I've run some tests using custom race, BOP, and the fuel settings. The Porsche LMP1 can go about 3.5 laps at Mix 1. Mix 4 and i think you can no stop. I really hope it works out that stopping is required. I think it will as running Mix 4 or higher really slows you down and there are too many extremely long high speed stretches to really make saving work out.

I'm sure there will be testing lobbies this weekend to play around in and figure it out
I think because the pit is so long time wise at le man, most people will try and no stop. Fuel mix 4 won’t be that amount slower over the number of laps unfortunately.

Some really dirty racing in B/S this morning. This dude just killed me in the first corner, because thats obviously where you win the race. Next race someone spins just after the last corner, his car ends in the middle of the road of course not ghosted. Full on collision, 4 secs penalty. Thanks PD for that! Next race some other Spaniard completely forgets what slipstream is and instead of evading me, he uses me as a brake. I go into the wall and.... 3 secs penalty for me!

/rant

Last edited by a moderator:
Next race someone spins just after the last corner, his car ends in the middle of the road of course not ghosted. Full on collision, 4 secs penalty. Thanks PD for that! Next race some other Spaniard completely forgets what slipstream is and instead of evading me, he uses me as a brake. I go into the wall and.... 3 secs penalty for me!

/rant
Classic by PD. I was just ranting about these things 2 pages ago.
I wonder...if the penalties are so bad and frustrating, why aren't people asking Kaz on his own twitter (and sony on gt's official twitter page) to do something about them? Sure they will never receive a feedback but there are always plenty of people asking for new cars and making fun of the bad rewards. Plenty. As a proof the social media is very active. But nobody ever says anything about penalties, except me maybe.
So apparently everybody's fine with them? Is this the reality of the situation? Nobody cares? It's no big deal?
We're not just 2 or 3 players doing online races in Sport mode.

Last edited:
I did two races B on my second account. One from the back, one with a lackluster Q time from mid-pack in low-to-middle B/S lobbies. One was a fun race where I climbed up from P14 to P8, but the race was too short to catch anyone else. In the next one I had the "no engine sound" glitch. What a mess. I tried to listen to my transmission sing its tune (you can actually hear it!), but it wasn't good enough to give me enough orientation about speed and revs. It went well until in lap3, P5, chasing the leaders, I totally misjudged my speed in the COD, banged walls, 4.5 seconds penalty (thanks PD), race over. P9 in the end.

At least most of the races was clean and friendly.

been in Race C this week and watching my rating plummet....trying to race cleanly (and getting CRB mostly) but i get punted off at least once if not twice every single race...and not once has any of the perpetrators got a penalty. i just dont get why people go online and try to ram opponents off
i was behind a german guy for a couple of laps who kept braking early to try and get me to bump into him (i presume) and eventually passed him after a good run out of a corner only to have him push me off at the next corner...and no penalty given

Good to see Goodwood been used for Daily race. Would love to have seen this as a Gr4 race.
Daily B is clearly WRX or 155 again. Such a shame as the Gr4s without the 4wd cars are all really closely matched and produce some good racing.
Daily C, glad to see Le Mans back again. Love that track. Fuel seem high, so hoping it has a pit stop in this race. Hopefully the stupid hybrid re-gen trick isn’t needed in the Porsche. Don’t think I could deal with having to look after tyres, fuel save and re-gen

Not done any of weeks daily races. Last time I did the Seaside race it was just crazy and dirty racing. Daily C in the WRX is boring.

Last edited:
I try to play it cool, nowadays. I try to not get into fights on the track. But this kind of stuff here, will still make me see red, and hunt you down.
Full-on Vigilante mode. :mad:

Tell me you got him back.

The game knows when you rear end another car and that car goes off track. Why doesn't it know if you side swipe someone off track? Yet another thing I don't understand about the penalty system.

I swear, the CoD is PD trolling us. I've hit my markers perfectly but still get killed by the curbs or other drivers that crash in front of me. It's a crapshoot and no way to do racing IMO. Sorry, Sturk... looks like my win in the livery'd GTR is going to be waiting at least another 1.5 weeks.

I do not get along with the Gr4 cars and avoid them if at all possible. Might need to try it next week, but we'll see.

Got a few more wins on Daily A yesterday. This is the only Daily that really interests me. But, it fades away quick. After a few races I get bored with it. The cars are fun enough but this track is basically three braking points and that's it. T1/T2, T3, and that long right (and if you do that one correct you barely even touch the brakes if at all). My quali time is 54.1. I changed my line a bit after watching the current WR so I know 53s are very achievable.

9c5d7987f315b06676102256e4b6dea0_photo.webp

I tried almost a dozen different cars. The only ones I could go semi-quick with were the AMG and the M6 (the endurance model, curiously not the sprint model). Then I went back to the Mustang and was half a second faster than with any other car. Weird.

I honestly cant figure out how some are in the 1:35's and even 34's... Best I can do is 1:36:4 and maybe could have gone max 0.2 faster in other attempts and messed the lap up in the end...

Average starting position for me in A/S is now P7...

Has anyone tried the Suzuki VGT for Race B at all? I recall seeing Valerio Gallo in the top 10 of lap times some two or three days ago and took the car for a spin. It sure has a weird power band and some understeer to work around but seems quite promising 🤔

There's also a Skyline Silhouette on top of the leaderboard! :eek:

Good to see Goodwood been used for Daily race. Would love to have seen this as a Gr4 race.
Daily B is clearly WRX or 155 again. Such a shame as the Gr4s without the 4wd cars are all really closely matched and produce some good racing.
Daily C, glad to see Le Mans back again. Love that track. Fuel seem high, so hoping it has a pit stop in this race. Hopefully the stupid hybrid re-gen trick isn’t needed in the Porsche. Don’t think I could deal with having to look after tyres, fuel save and re-gen

Not done any of weeks daily races. Last time I did the Seaside race it was just crazy and dirty racing. Daily C in the WRX is boring.
there's a hybrid re-gen trick?

I've run some tests using custom race, BOP, and the fuel settings.
I'd like to test a couple cars for fuel economy at Le Mans, but have no idea what the BoP power and weight settings are for the Gr.1 cars.
Is there some resource I'm not aware of, that will show the BoP figures?
Unless I have that info, there's no way to accurately test the fuel economy.

Last edited:
Maybe it was just me, and it might be just random that I got one going and not the other one. I'm not a super consistent driver, so it might just have happened.
I'm not super consistent either, but I tried the endurance model, and to me, it was the same. The good news is, after I switched back to the RX Vision, I broke my QT record by almost 4 tenths of a second. So there's that.

Question to you guys: I did a no-no and mentioned someone's race name I saw in one of the videos posted here, and said something that I suppose could be considered "shaming", although I just thought it was funny. It got deleted with a message "don't name and shame", which is fine, I can see how it could be considered shaming but like I said, I just thought it was funny.

But my question is, could I have said "Considering his name, it shouldn't have been a surprise", or is that a no-no also, even though I didn't type his name? I'm just trying to learn the rules here.

Has anyone tried the Suzuki VGT for Race B at all? I recall seeing Valerio Gallo in the top 10 of lap times some two or three days ago and took the car for a spin. It sure has a weird power band and some understeer to work around but seems quite promising 🤔

There's also a Skyline Silhouette on top of the leaderboard! :eek:
I noticed a few players doing well with the AMG. Had a bad race on main account, started P7 and rammed into P14, ended P12 so didn't want to experiment on this, so I jumped into 2nd account.

Did a 1:36:7 which was good enough for pole (?!) in a B/S lobby and the car is easy to control with high gears (so less up/ downshifts) and high rev limit 😁 Went well 🎉

The Maza Hybrid and Jaguar F-Type also seem decent for Dragon Trail.

Attachments

• 184f2563a8f49-screenshotUrl.jpg
    184f2563a8f49-screenshotUrl.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 184f2561fee85-screenshotUrl.jpg
    184f2561fee85-screenshotUrl.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 4
I honestly cant figure out how some are in the 1:35's and even 34's... Best I can do is 1:36:4 and maybe could have gone max 0.2 faster in other attempts and messed the lap up in the end...
Exactly the same here, but only with the Mustang. Thankfully a car that I really like.😁

But honestly, watching the alien replays, I see them doing things that - not even considering my inferior skill level - feel like physically impossible to do, even using the same car. How can they brake 25 meters later without overshooting the turn? Cutting over the biggest curbs without the car jumping even a little bit?

And, of course, running through the COD without lifting.

Witchcraft.🤣

Last edited:
I'd like to test a couple cars for fuel economy at Le Mans, but have no idea what the BoP power and weight settings are for the Gr.1 cars.
You can run a custom race with one opponent in a slower car then set BoP. The AI will be out of the way and you get BoP.

But my question is, could I have said "Considering his name, it shouldn't have been a surprise", or is that a no-no also, even though I didn't type his name? I'm just trying to learn the rules here.
That's OK. If they can't find it by Google your in the clear.

I just did this:
laps = 5
car = gr.1
tire = 4x
fuel = 7x
BOP ON

in custom race in single player. not sure if the BOP used there is the same as used in SPORT mode, I assumed it was.
Otherwise you can always set up a lobby with the race requirements and test in there but you won't get AI running with you

Miss the GTS days when all that info would up on Kudos by Friday.

Exactly the same here, but only with the Mustang. Thankfully a car that I really like.😁

But honestly, watching the alien replays, I see them doing things that - not even considering my inferior skill level - feel like physically impossible to do, even using the same car. How can they brake 25 meters later without overshooting the turn? Cutting over the biggest curbs without the car jumping even a little bit?

And, of course, running through the COD without lifting.

Witchcraft.🤣

Oh that's actually very easy to answer 🤣 Just like a car in real life, if you have upgraded brakes, tires, etc you can brake later turn faster and more precisely.

In this case, it's all about the wheel and pedal quality. Direct drive wheels and spring-loaded pedals with excellent setup possibility allow you to do just that!

After many months, I'm around 1.3sec faster than my best controller times using my wheel and pedals (G29) but tried out my friend's Fanatec (which cost him almost 4X more than mine) for about an hour, I was already more than half a second faster than my G29 times using same car, etc.

Would have gone quicker if I had more time and it's mostly to adjust to the new, more precise capabilities and forgetting the muscle memory of my wheel. You'd be "Oh crap, I need to brake now!" but actually have 1 or 2 more car lengths more before applying the steering and pedal motions!

Latest Posts

Back