GT7 July Update Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
My predictions:

-4 new cars (2 new race cars and 2 old returning cars from older games)
-1 new track: It could be Goodwood HillClimb, Sugo, Silverstone or maybe Apricot Hill
-5 new races made of 3-7 laps with pretty mediocre payouts
-Added an option for selling engines
-VR2 HUD improvements
-Some few bug fixes

I think that should be fairly realistic all things considered. I wouldn't expect a new set of endurance races or new lobby features anytime soon, at least for this month.

Last edited:
After reading an article posted in the GT movie thread, I’m going to guess the ‘07 R35 might be added in this update. :sly:

After reading an article posted in the GT movie thread, I’m going to guess the ‘07 R35 might be added in this update. :sly:
I had a similar thought. Not necessarily the '07 GT-R specifically, but if they were ever going to add any Mardenborough-specific cars back in for the movie, like his LMP2 car, this would be the update for it.

You know it's coming, hope it's in this update though... You seems affirmative 🤔
As he has been for five years:
I believe the Toyota TS020 GT-one is coming at some point according to a Toyota source.
Obviously it's a car of which PD is aware, and I too would like to see it, but it's no more likely this month than it has been any other.

I had a similar thought. Not necessarily the '07 GT-R specifically, but if they were ever going to add any Mardenborough-specific cars back in for the movie, like his LMP2 car, this would be the update for it.
I can't figure out which class in GT7 would LMP2 car go...

Group 1? No chance.
Group 2? Maybe but it doesn't fit for me there
Group 3? It is way too fast.

So where? :D

Group 1? No chance.

lmp2 is a no no ... exept..like you said would be in its own class..but then don't see how only one car would be in it..exept if they make gran turismo lmp2 car 😅😅😅..then they could make
gt lmp1
gt lmp2
gt lmp3
gt formula v10
gt formula v8 hybrid with kers
gt formula 1.6 hybrid
......etc

which I wouldn't mind ... there would been varieties
wouldn't even mind if every other month or maybe even every month fictional track circuit...game would be dope

Last edited:
lmp2 is a no no ... exept..like you said would be in its own class..but then don't see how only one car would be in it..exept if they make gran turismo lmp2 car 😅😅😅..then they could make
gt lmp1
gt lmp2
gt lmp3
gt formula v10
gt formula v8 hybrid with kers
gt formula 1.6 hybrid
......etc

which I wouldn't mind ... there would been varieties
wouldn't even mind if every other month or maybe even every month fictional track circuit...game would be dope
I stopped believing we will ever see new category in GT. They went full on with Group 1,2,3,4 and Group B categories. Maybe there will be time we will see Group A but I doubt about LMP's and others.

Group 1? No chance.

I'm not sure if Silverstone got any major changes since the late 90s but going by the lap times of the car it's way slower than the 1998 GT1 cars and barely a second faster than the top GT2 cars at the time.
https://www.racingsportscars.com/results/laps/Silverstone-2012-08-25.html
https://www.racingsportscars.com/results/laps/Silverstone-1998-05-17.html

Going by the Le Mans times it's slower than the CLK-LM, 1998 GT-ONE and 911 GT1-98 but seems to have the same time as lower/slower GT1 cars at Le Mans so if PD were to include they would probably shoehorn it or buff it to make it more competitive like they did the 1997 F1 GTR as the car is faster than the CLK-LM in some cases when that certainly wasn't the case in real life. The performance would probably be better than the 2008 GT500 cars but slower than the 2016 GT500 and GT1 cars of Gr.2.
https://www.racingsportscars.com/results/laps/Le_Mans-2013-06-23.html
https://www.racingsportscars.com/results/laps/Le_Mans-1998-06-07.html

2017-2020 rules -> gr1 (600bhp, faster than current hyper cars thanks to power/weight ratio)
2021 -> gr1 (560 bhp, about 2 seconds slower than hypercars in le mans)
since 2022 -> gr2 (540 bhp), current gt500 have very "similar" lap times

Obviously it's a car of which PD is aware, and I too would like to see it, but it's no more likely this month than it has been any other.
Nooo, I wish you would confirm this... Hope it's close anyway!

1.27 : 5 cars (Giulia, Chiron, C8, Ferrari VGT and Celica Rally) = 4 new/1 returning in premium // 2 extra menu and 3 races // Scapes // New swaps ==> 1 classic, 1 vgt and 3 "recent" and high requested

1.29 : 1 track (Gran Valley), 5 cars new (2 vgt and 3 classics) / 2 extra menu
1.31 : 5 cars : RS5 DTM, Mazda 3, 959, Carrera GTS, Alphard : 5 new, 2 classic and 1 race car... // 2 Nurb layout // 2 extra menu

1.32 : 4 cars (AMG GT3, XJ220, 2 SF23) : 1 returning and 3 new // 1 menu and 2 extra menu // Scapes
1.34 : 3 cars : Giula 67', Sema Maverick and R32 nismo (2 classic return, 1 new) // 2 extra menu
1.35 : 3 cars : 2004 Impreza, Valkyrie, Lancer Evo 3 (2 classic return, 1 hypercar)

==> My prediction :
-3 cars ("2 classics" return and 1 race car new) : BMW 507 and Mercedes 190 Evo 2 (both in database) // I would bet on a new GT3 (probably from 2018 or 2020 like the R35 or AMG GT added) : I would say the new M4 GT3 20'
-1 track (last one was in February...) : I would say Goodwood Hillclimb (was in GT6, a lot of GT reference on Twitter, FOS end today) // Sebring (we already have 4/7 Endurance track in GT7, not expecting Algarve or Bahrein though)
-1 new Cafe Menu and 2 extra menu (one including a new car), 6 new races
-Some scapes and new Engine Swaps

Last edited:

Most of that came from the logic of the series featuring such an iconic car and not what I am aware of now.

Last edited:
Toyota gtone will most likely be at least in gr,2, when its added its way to fast for gr,3, predicting the exact car models is getting a lot harder, i dont think anyone predicted the Aston Martin valkyrie added last month,
But in just a week silhouttes proably drop by next saturday 22th july, so not long before we find out what cars might be either 4-5 cars, i dont think they will ever have more than 5 cars in an update,

Last edited:
Toyota gtone will most likely be at least in gr,2, when its added its way to fast for gr,3, predicting the exact car models is getting a lot harder, i dont think anyone predicted the Aston Martin valkyrie added last month,
But in just a week silhouttes proably drop by next saturday 22th july, so not long before we find out what cars might be either 4-5 cars, i dont think they will ever have more than 5 cars in an update,
If the GT-One the 1998 spec, it might be Gr.2 due to it's lower horsepower. More than likely, it'll be the 1999 spec which means it will be Gr.1. (If the car actually comes to GT7)

If the GT-One the 1998 spec, it might be Gr.2 due to it's lower horsepower. More than likely, it'll be the 1999 spec which means it will be Gr.1. (If the car actually comes to GT7)
I didn't think there was any difference between the '98 and '99 car.

I didn't think there was any difference between the '98 and '99 car.
The 1998 car posted slower laptimes but I can't find anything different as far as actual specs so i'm not sure if it was just tweaked abit from the 98 car as the aero is very slightly different and maybe gear ratios. Assuming they add the 1999 car instead it would be pretty easy to BOP it into Gr.2 with added weight and lower downforce levels.

My guess is four cars, because the Corolla will not be available to all players at first. One of the remaining three will be a different version of an existing car like we recently saw with the AMG GT3 and R32 Nismo. This time it could be the Supra 2.5GT Twin Turbo, as it was top of line in the A70 generation. The one we already have is a rare homologation special which was only available in black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back