• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 40 comments
United Kingdom
England
Doomotron
capture19.PNG

"Internet required for most functionality"

Oh no.

Lets speculate and get angry over something that's not even final nor confirmed yet!

Sarcasm aside, notice where the asterisks on. It's likely for viewing other players garage, trading cars, or putting liveries from other people. But again, that's still a speculation.

Last edited:
View attachment 982003
"Internet required for most functionality"

Oh no.

There is a massive difference between Internet being required and being an online only game. Pretty sure with this having features like Sport mode and lobbies returning, naturally that means having an internet connection is required (Like literally every game out there with online Multiplayer)

Last edited:
Most functionality, meaning not all.

I think this would be referring to Sport Mode, Lobbies, social features, Mileage Exchange as well as the uploading of custom liveries and scapes. If that's the case I just hope we can use the rest of the core features offline (as well as offline saving).

I do hate this new feature with newer Driving games and PD and EA are biggest culprits of it. For example, This was my biggest regret when buying NFS 2015 on the PS4. Annoyed me so much to a boiling point, I had to return the game and wait to get it on Steam later in the coming months. Now we all know how glitchy that game turned out to be. Payback and Heat not so much but still some niggles.

Gran-Turismo%C2%AESPORT_20171016123712.jpg

I'm sure we all dont want this crap again! :banghead:

But when GT Sport was online it can be very frustrating to see not so fortunate gamers form other countries racing with low bandwidth connections. It's not like 5G connections will be widespread in countries including UK (where I Race online) anytime soon. The PS5 may have better antennas and what-not, but if the initial connection isn't great, what can it or we do when playing GT7.

We need the GT/career mode running offline with an arbitrary code in the background application subtlety, slowly updating it as we play but not interfering too much. :D

I guess it could be Sony's mistake to add "*Internet required for most functionality." without asking Polyphony Digital's confirmation.

I guess it could be Sony's mistake to add "*Internet required for most functionality." without asking Polyphony Digital's confirmation.

Don't see why, it's verbatim exactly what GTS says on the box. Most other aspects of the game code is going to carry over (as far as we know), no reason to think their online save only stuff won't as well.

Don't see why, it's verbatim exactly what GTS says on the box. Most other aspects of the game code is going to carry over (as far as we know), no reason to think their online save only stuff won't as well.

Perhaps the developers can modify the code before releasing.

I don't mind unless they shut down the game's servers in the future whenever GT8 or something comes out like they did with GT5 when GT6 came out and with GT6 when GT SPORT came out

I lost all of my scapes/photos/replays TWICE in GTS due to the server somehow deciding not to save properly (even though I always wait a few seconds after the "Game saving" text has disappeared from the bottom right of the screen). So if we can still lose our data despite cloud save, what's the point?

We also still don't know what will happen to all the amazing community created content once PD pulls the plug on GTS servers. Even stuff that you have "downloaded" are still stored server side so you will lose all of them unless PD decides to allow true offline download of liveries. All those hours of hard work gone just like that.

As for preventing cheating, yes I agree it's needed BUT the rest of the game can still be offline. Basically everytime you enter a Sport Mode race, the game does a quick check of all your critical files (car physics data, track surface grip, etc) to make sure they are all not tampered with. Assetto Corsa has this feature because of how easy it is to mod and change files on PC. If you have a mismatch, you get kicked from a room (unless the host lets the server know the file change is intentional e.g. if you're using mods).

For all the above reasons, I'd hate it if GT7 is online only all the time like GTS.

Last edited:
Another big problem with online-only saving is that if you're offline, you can't access your Library or even Brand Central. Your custom liveries might not even show up or could be buggy by that point as well.

Which is why that needs to change in GT7. Give us the ability to save offline and use features like Brand Central and our Libraries offline. Even more so if this will have a larger single-player focus akin to a traditional Gran Turismo game.

Last edited:
Especially with the single player focus. Can't save progress. The most ridiculous thing about GTS.

Can't access cars bought with real money either. That needs to be addressed, if it's a feature in GT7. As it stands, once the servers close, it's worse than other games that, at least, let you use the DLC offline.

Especially with the single player focus. Can't save progress. The most ridiculous thing about GTS.

Can't access cars bought with real money either. That needs to be addressed, if it's a feature in GT7. As it stands, once the servers close, it's worse than other games that, at least, let you use the DLC offline.

If they do shut down the servers.
They may push an update to fix the online only aspect so you can play offline.

If the " internet required for most ...... bla bla bla " is something like gt6 , then it's ok for me .
If not ,i want even bother to buy ps5 and GT7.
The online race is something that gts focus so much that for endless copies are collecting dust all over the world .
Of course is way different to " use" internet than " required" to play with .
I hope PD don't make the same mistake again and release a game fully independent from the internet connection and its quality .
Am absolute to that and even with 5G connection ,still ill turn my back to it .
Perhaps in few years will need a WiFi for a pee ,but even then ill go outside ,in the nature :lol:

Here it says that GT7 as well as some other games that we don't care about, require internet connection and an active PS Plus subscription to access ONLINE MULTIPLAYER MODES. (Oh no, I didn't know I needed WiFi to play online)
Screenshot_20210104-140818~2.png

Last edited:
So, you basically have to pay to be able to play certain features of GT7 online (access online multiplayer modes).

What are these online multiplayer modes?

So, you basically have to pay to be able to play certain features of GT7 online (access online multiplayer modes).

What are these online multiplayer modes?
I guess the same ones as GT SPORT. Sport mode and lobbies

Here it says that GT7 as well as some other games that we don't care about, require internet connection and an active PS Plus subscription to access ONLINE MULTIPLAYER MODES. (Oh no, I didn't know that I need WiFi to play online)View attachment 982648

Its as if you need a online connection to play online. What a concept.

Back