GTA 5 cars

• Thread starter cj10
  • 3,679 comments
full

Insert Kickstart My Heart here.

Wait! How about SPD's online XA-21?

full

Before you accuse me of copycatting the XA-21 above, I had this planned for a while now.https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/medi...s-about-to-get-in-the-gunrunning-dlc-1.33420/https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/medi...s-about-to-get-in-the-gunrunning-dlc-1.33420/

Dan
These shots make me want a GTA game set in Italy.

Grand Theft Auto: Venice

Steal a Gondola, and tear up the canals. Go visit Benito for custom paintjobs, oars and interiors. Then make a beeline to the cruise terminal on your Faggio and steal yourself the M/S Poseidon's Pole cruise ship to really do some damage on the Canale Grande.

Grand Theft Auto: Venice

Steal a Gondola, and tear up the canals. Go visit Benito for custom paintjobs, oars and interiors. Then make a beeline to the cruise terminal on your Faggio and steal yourself the M/S Poseidon's Pole cruise ship to really do some damage on the Canale Grande.

Just think about the chases we could have with Fiat 500s on those tiny streets!

So I've seen this happen a few times and I thought I'd finally go a bit more into it:

Why is it so easy for some to confuse the Tempesta, Zentorno and Reaper with eachother?

Grand Theft Auto V_20170820195554.jpg

I've most helpfully color coded them. Because I definitely thought of that when I made them.

Because the below images are just thumbnails.. you know how they work.

Let's start with the front of the vehicles:

Grand Theft Auto V_20170820195454.jpgGrand Theft Auto V_20170820195427.jpgGrand Theft Auto V_20170820195355.jpg

I can see some similarities between individual vehicles - the bonnet-but-not-bonnet on the Zentorno and Tempesta, for instance, with the bits at the top (though that is, of course, a modification on the Tempesta)

Likewise, the Reaper and Tempesta are somewhat similar on the front bumper, with the three air intakes and their design.

I can, however, find far more differences than similarities. The Reaper, for instance, has the carbon "band" on the A-pillar, the wing mirrors are different shapes and sizes, but most notably, the headlights. The Reaper looks like it's squinting, the Zentorno has very "long" headlights whereas the Tempesta has the more "wide" headlights.

Now, the sides:

Grand Theft Auto V_20170820195503.jpgGrand Theft Auto V_20170820195435.jpgGrand Theft Auto V_20170820195405.jpg

Now this is probably the most interesting - the rear vent/C-pillar on the Reaper and Tempesta does look kind of alike in terms of shape and depth. In addition to the two cars sharing a carbon fibre skirt, I can understand how that can get mixed up.

The shape of the windows across all three cars, again, does have its similarities, so again, can be confused unless you really want to go into the details.

Then, of course, there's the general silhouette of the car. Again, the biggest similarities seems to be between the Reaper and the Tempesta.

Aside from that, not much to note here.

Now, the rears:

Grand Theft Auto V_20170820195512.jpgGrand Theft Auto V_20170820195445.jpgGrand Theft Auto V_20170820195416.jpg

..they really couldn't be any different, could they? What they share is a set of tail lights running all (or most of) the way across the rear and some form of diffuser, and even all of that has some significant differences.

Unless it's equipped with the LMP-style wing, the Zentorno features it's now-iconic "hole" vents, the Reaper is sporting some fairly distinctive louvers and the Tempesta has the 80s-and-90s-italian-supercar style "inlet", similar to the Infernus Classic, Cheetah Classic and Torero.

Ironically, the back is probably where the most distinct differences are.

In summation: yes, if you're not too familiar with your GTA V cars or only manage a quick glimpse of them, they can look somewhat like each other - again, most notably the Reaper and Tempesta. If you claim to know what your cars, however, being able to distinguish them should be a piece of cake.

End note: if I can't have my Cool Wall, at least give me my Guess The Car/20 Questions - GTA V Edition.

Created a new character (one that I intend to make a bit douchey with the hipster hair and chin strap beard, which suits the car)--because Lola has no garage space and no vehicles to sell--with the intention of "building" one of these to mark what's happening today in my part of the world. Unlock requirements got the best of me so I spent a couple hours milling around in SP to find one (can't buy it) and finally managed to put one together.

0_0.jpg

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say those cruisers were acquired either after Pac Standard - Vans or the Criminal Mischief biker challenge (one apaprently spawns in that and can be used to get more).

I still think it's a bit ridiculous that neither of the Crown Vic variants or the Buffalo can really spawn naturally in Online. They could at least be Pegasus vehicles. I'd settle for that.

Last edited:
the Criminal Mischief biker challenge (one apaprently spawns in that and can be used to get more).
This.
I still think it's a bit ridiculous that neither of the Crown Vic variants or the Buffalo can really spawn naturally in Online. They could at least be Pegasus vehicles. I'd settle for that.
I do know that the Buffalo can spawn online, but I've yet to figure out what exactly triggers it. All the other police vehicles should be able to spawn if you're driving one or get really lucky.

Latest Posts

Back