GTA 5 cars

• Thread starter cj10
  • 3,679 comments
I've never played online - not much time to get into the game as much as I would have wished, unfortunately, so I don't really have too much of an informed opinion about it. I like games that simulate lifestyles though - have always been a sucker for games like the Sims series for instance - and sometimes I merely take a car and just drive around exploring the countryside. Not very good with a controller and trying to operate GTAV with a wheel just drives me cross-eyed (or should I say all thumbs? :lol: ) so another downer for me in regards to it holding my attention for long.
I find the environment, and the AI, quite fascinating, however, because of an obsession with patterns that my overworked neurons seem to have, and that's mainly what grabs my attention. Eventually, though, the programming starts to show repetition - and that makes me leave the game and head for my some version of my beloved GT because there's always something new to discover or try out in that series.
But I can wholly sympathize with your stance - I've heard this sort of complaint very often, and obviously there must be some truth to it.
Cheers!
H.
I used to enjoy doing just that in GTA Online (or singleplayer), but the driving physics are unpredictable hell-buggery and the AI traffic is so utterly stupid it boggles the mind.

Add in the microtransactions, the inability to buy the newly added vehicles in single player and their absurd price online, coupled with repetitive grinding for cash that is not fun at all, and I'm struggling to find reasons to go back to this game. Never has a game been so infuriating for me to play.

full

Might as well finish up this series. One more episode to go! And did you like the flick?

I don't always do this anymore, but I figured I'd make an exception with the Hermes. And I'm glad I did.

Grand Theft Auto V_20171225144209.jpg

For starters, there's the way it looks. Which is fan-bloody-tastic. Anyone telling you otherwise either have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to cars or are better known as MrPanthaaFTW (which makes it basically the same thing). Personally I'd put it right up there with the likes of the Infernus Classic and Coquette Classic in terms of looks. That's about as high praise as anything can get design-wise.

The handling was always going to be divisive. It's heavy, the rear has no grip at all (though part of that might be the snow doing its thing) and you're *not* going to get stopped for that red light. And it's got.. let's call it quite a lot of power. The result of all this is an experience unlike basically anything else in the game. And for that, I absolutely love it.

Grand Theft Auto V_20171225144219.jpg

As for the example you see above (which is mine, in case you hadn't guessed), I've done what I also did with the Torero and gone for what I imagine the average playerbase wouldn't go for because it isn't "reference-y" enough. Once again, I reckon about 45% of the average playerbase is going to see the Amazing Albany livery and make theirs a "Doc Hudson tribute", another 45% will make a Cuban Hermes replica and the last ten percent will be split between those aforementioned it's-ugly-and-not-even-in-a-pink-Panto-with-a-bullbar-funny-kind-of-way and creative originals.

So I've removed the chrome bits on the fenders (a little over the top for my own taste. Plus it looks a little cleaner like this), removed the rear wheel cover and painted it red with a pink (yes, seriously) pearlescent to liven up the color a bit, chrome secondary (as one should, really) and then finished the look off with a set of whitewall-wrapped chrome "Triple Golds" wheels. I quite like the way that's turned out, and it's even still eligible for Operation Noahs Carp-Ark.

This is definitely one I'll revisit. I'm not quite ready to call it the best new vehicle of 2017, considering the competition consists of stuff like the Torero, Cheetah Classic, Rapid GT Classic, Infernus Classic, GP1, Turismo Classic, Retinue, Sentinel Classic (I'm noticing a pattern here) and basically every single plane from Smugglers Run (and I'm including the Lazer here - the one I've got, inspired by a Ukrainian SU-27 seen at an air show last year, looks very good and is a great challenge for *those* missions) but then again, this year has been quite spectacular in terms of new arrivals. A shame they're always being ruined by dripfeeding and general scummy business behavior.

Dan
@rallymorten That's a lovely car you have. :) Do you have any pictures of the Lazer? I would love to see it.

I do actually have two "proper" shots that show it off nicely. The rest are.. sort of more focused on it blowing some form of Merryweather aircraft out of the sky. I maintain that those two missions are probably the best business-related missions in Online and probably only beaten to best mission in general by the Hydra setup.

Grand Theft Auto V_20171128200658_1.jpg
Grand Theft Auto V_20171201213126.jpg

So, I’m rather chuffed with my Hermes. I think it’s one of the better looking examples out there, and as such I think I need to take some better shots of it.

Now.....

Where are good locations for taking photo shoots of a car in GTAO?

The Hermes might be my new favorite classic car in the game. Sorry, Z-Type. :P

Currently, my car is made to look like the Holden Efijy concept, but I might change it soon to fit one of the liveries. Who knows?

Sorry, I don't follow what you mean by this.
Here's a 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass (a 442, but that's irrelevant):

01.jpg

Since GTA cars aren't exact copies--though the lines have been far less blurred as of late--I added the "un."

Here's a 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass (a 442, but that's irrelevant):

01.jpg

Since GTA cars aren't exact copies--though the lines have been far less blurred as of late--I added the "un."
Ah right. Yes, it's the Declasse Stallion. Free for those who had PS3 and PS4 GTA, it's exactly the same as the GTA 4 version. The mods are crap, but it looks good anyway.

Back