GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
PLAY GTA ONLINE THIS WEEK TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A TAX REFUND BONUS
Log in and play GTA Online on PS4, Xbox One or PC at any point between now and Sunday, April 30th to be eligible for a GTA$425K tax refund compliments of the San Andreas State Treasury Department, to be deposited in your Maze Bank account during the month of May.

From R* newswire post

But it isn't a race. It's an adversary mode. The goal is to kill the other team...by killing them.
I get that. I meant it just ends up being about ramming and spinning instead of the power ups and other stuff. But whatever.

Would have been awesome to use like R/C size cars around the streets. I played a few rounds, earned about 100k but I still thought it was boring. Too much rammy spinny for my liking. But that's me

Edit....but the above was with randoms. It'd probably be more fun with friends.

Last edited:
Log in and play GTA Online on PS4, Xbox One or PC at any point between now and Sunday, April 30th to be eligible for a GTA$425K tax refund compliments of the San Andreas State Treasury Department, to be deposited in your Maze Bank account during the month of May.

From R* newswire post
R* have been hacked for sure, no way in hell they could ever be so generous. First the random bonuses, now this? :boggled:

PLAY GTA ONLINE THIS WEEK TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A TAX REFUND BONUS..

TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR..

So, it's another lucky draw? That's not cool. I know it's nit picking and all, but eligible doesn't necessarily mean free cash.

Rockstar don't HAVE to give people free money. People could just play the game and grind it like it is meant to be done. I'm kind of surprised R* have been giving out the amounts that they have.

Don't like the pyjamas, don't use them.
Upset about potentially not getting bonus free money, may I direct you to the current double payout contact missions that can be done solo and you can achieve several hundred thousand dollars in no time.

I'm still reading it as it just being some clever wording for another one of R*s occational play-GTA-these-days-and-get-some-of-dem-sweet-dollah-billz-m8 to get people involved again.

Would probably be the most fair. Not that I can't pass on those 425K. It's only a couple of hours worth of I/E anyway.

I'm fairly sure to get the money all you have to do log on with the time period mentioned.
People are just overthinking it and jumping the gun. Even if they do not give the cash to everyone, who cares, it was a bonus.
It's not like it's real currency they are giving out.

I get that. I meant it just ends up being about ramming and spinning instead of the power ups and other stuff. But whatever.

Would have been awesome to use like R/C size cars around the streets. I played a few rounds, earned about 100k but I still thought it was boring. Too much rammy spinny for my liking. But that's me

Edit....but the above was with randoms. It'd probably be more fun with friends.
Oh, I see. I haven't played any of them. As soon as I realized it was an adversary, I went to contact missions.
Rockstar don't HAVE to give people free money. People could just play the game and grind it like it is meant to be done. I'm kind of surprised R* have been giving out the amounts that they have.

Upset about potentially not getting bonus free money, may I direct you to the current double payout contact missions that can be done solo and you can achieve several hundred thousand dollars in no time.

WHAT!? You mean...I have to actually PLAY?! I don't like that! Everything should be free for everyone. F:censored:k R*

:lol::lol:;)

Oh, I see. I haven't played any of them. As soon as I realized it was an adversary, I went to contact missions.

WHAT!? You mean...I have to actually PLAY?! I don't like that! Everything should be free for everyone. F:censored:k R*

:lol::lol:;)

Well hell, you don't have to play. You have enough. Haha

T'was a joke, Mr. Sting.

For all of you who have gotten money, even if it was only several hundred, be happy. You're at least better off than me. I haven't got squat from R*. :(

At the moment I'm hovering just above 2 million ($2000218). The grind for the R2K continues...

Oh, I'm level 198 by the way and halfway to 199, so I'm working towards both 4.32mil and level 200.
For all of you who have gotten money, even if it was only several hundred, be happy. You're at least better off than me. I haven't got squat from R*. :(
You'll get money sooner or later. I only got mine two weeks after the bonuses started appearing, don't give up. :)

Last edited:
Oh do I love being under the attentive eye of the public server halfwit.

One would imagine the average player would attempt to make that one thousand dollars another way after succumbing to seven proximity mines.

Bounties were a tremendous idea.

I guess that the public server halfwit suffers from a bug. Sounds like a bad while loop:

Code:
while bounty is not taken:
    attemptToTakeIt()

Simple fix:

Code:
while bounty is not taken:
    try:
        attemptToTakeIt()
    except painfulDeathError:
        break

Slight doublepost but here's confirmation that the fastest sedan in GTA V is in fact the 1973 Dundreary Regina Super Sportwagon GTLMP1, powered by a 4.6 liter turbocharged HEMI engine, 8GB of RAM, 900+ hp, R9 Fury X, idles at over 120 degree celcius and a 0-60 time of 1.2 seconds:

Actually, it's the armored Schafter V12. Big surprise, I know.

If anyone gets above reference, kudos to you

Slight doublepost but here's confirmation that the fastest sedan in GTA V is in fact the 1973 Dundreary Regina Super Sportwagon GTLMP1, powered by a 4.6 liter turbocharged HEMI engine, 8GB of RAM, 900+ hp, R9 Fury X, idles at over 120 degree celcius and a 0-60 time of 1.2 seconds:

Actually, it's the armored Schafter V12. Big surprise, I know.

If anyone gets above reference, kudos to you

this griswold mobile <3 ... but only 8 gigs?

Back