GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
I will be opening the room shortly for the tour, with invites to follow. Anyone who doesn't see one in the next few minutes who wants to join, let me know.

Would anyone be interested in some kind of racing series using themed vehicles (budget challenges, one-makes, etc)? I've been itching for something to do.

They will probably be held on weekends, and I will try to accommodate european time zones and avoid interrupting Marcus's tours.

Would anyone be interested in some kind of racing series using themed vehicles (budget challenges, one-makes, etc)? I've been itching for something to do.

They will probably be held on weekends, and I will try to accommodate european time zones and avoid interrupting Marcus's tours.

I’m down for some racing.

The idea here is that it'll be a series of short races, expected to last roughly an hour. The race/vehicle themes will revolve mainly around cheaper vanilla vehicles for the sake of accessibility.

Would anyone be down for this Saturday or Sunday? ~5PM EST

The idea here is that it'll be a series of short races, expected to last roughly an hour. The race/vehicle themes will revolve mainly around cheaper vanilla vehicles for the sake of accessibility.

Either day works for me.

I'm down for this. I should be able to get on at that time.

Don't worry about me, I don't have a copyright on scheduling. ;)

Been trying to think of some more creative engaging options, including a more universally accommodating timeslot anyway, so don't let anything I do stand in your way!

I'm come to the realization that there are only like 3 vehicles classes in the game that are even remotely balanced. No ban list is ever going to fix Sports or Off-Road.

Thanks to everyone who came along on the tour last night. One of the best, and certainly the longest. Kept a decent pace with over 30 locations in 3 hours, though much farther down the list than I expected to visit. Hope you folks enjoyed yourselves as much as I did, and I look forward to next time. May have some other activities in the mix, as well.

Thanks everyone. :cheers:

God, I wish this game had cross-play.

More than you wish for a Penumbra Classic?

Gotta get your priorities straight my man, nothing is more important and adds more longevity to the game than a Penumbra Classic. That's just a fact.

Thanks to everyone who came along on the tour last night. One of the best, and certainly the longest. Kept a decent pace with over 30 locations in 3 hours, though much farther down the list than I expected to visit. Hope you folks enjoyed yourselves as much as I did, and I look forward to next time. May have some other activities in the mix, as well.

Thanks everyone. :cheers:

Aw damn, looks like I missed the best one. I was going to go but ended up pulling out as it was just too late when things were getting started. Damn time zones! :lol:

May open the tour room a little earlier tonight if enough folks are on. Probably open up sometime round 8pm EDT(about 1hr 40mins from now) and see who is hanging out. If so, we may be able to start a little earlier tonight.

For those who haven't been, they're usually a good time. Adds a different dimension to the game.

:banghead::grumpy:
May open the tour room a little earlier tonight if enough folks are on. Probably open up sometime round 8pm EDT(about 1hr 40mins from now) and see who is hanging out. If so, we may be able to start a little earlier tonight.

For those who haven't been, they're usually a good time. Adds a different dimension to the game.

I am on call this week and still working on a fiber cut. If I get home in time, I will jump in but still have much to do....

I just saw that the game is currently free on the Epic Store. Guess I'll probably be starting over for the third time even though I said I was done after the PS4.

I understand their website crashed when they got overloaded by folks looking for GTAV for free. It's almost like someone might've seen that one coming. :lol:

Is it an easy enough game to install mods on (like drag & drop in a folder, or something more complex)? I have no interest in the online portion, it's just modding that I'm interested in.

Is it an easy enough game to install mods on (like drag & drop in a folder, or something more complex)? I have no interest in the online portion, it's just modding that I'm interested in.
I don't know how it is now, but when modding first started I remember it was quite finicky and difficult. I think it should be easier now? If you want to try FiveM, that's super easy. Just join a server and the mods seem to automatically get installed

Back