GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
I don't know how it is now, but when modding first started I remember it was quite finicky and difficult. I think it should be easier now? If you want to try FiveM, that's super easy. Just join a server and the mods seem to automatically get installed
Appreciate the info. Can things like cars be added freely, or do they have to take up an existing vehicle's space in the game? I thought I remember reading something about that back on past GTA titles.

Appreciate the info. Can things like cars be added freely, or do they have to take up an existing vehicle's space in the game? I thought I remember reading something about that back on past GTA titles.
Yeah, at first car mods needed to replace older cars, but new mods usually have a standalone option although I have not tried those. I personally haven't tried modding in a long time

Is it an easy enough game to install mods on (like drag & drop in a folder, or something more complex)? I have no interest in the online portion, it's just modding that I'm interested in.
Never played with mods on PC, but for the PS3 it was drag and drop. Not going into further details, but I'm pretty certain its the same way with a far more open support.

So...the Epic Games free version doesn't share anything with the Steam version. Had do download DS4Windows as Epic doesn't have DS4 support, and my lousy wired XB1 Classic controller is borked.

It for some reason, I guess due to the folder it saves in, shares all the R* Editor videos. I think I may have baleted a few I did on the Steam version...

I've been trying to get my DS4 to work on windows 10 for this game, not an ounce of luck although my laptop does seem to like using it as an audio device.

DS4Windows has always been really finicky with me. How I fixed it was I had to go to device manager and disable the generic "Wireless controller" and enable Exclusive Mode (or something along those lines), because what seems to happen is that DS4Windows duplicates the controller input as an Xbox controller so some games will see the generic Wireless Controller and the Xbox controller at the same time

Just another day in the life of GTA Online

7rmlEJ4.gif

Tonight's tour is going to be a little different. Looking to start a bit earlier, perhaps closer to 7PM EDT, though I'm waiting to see if that will be feasible for the others before making a firm call.

The plan this evening is to change it up a bit. Instead of listening to me ramble on about some random building you don't care about, this is an all request Memorial Day weekend. If there is a favourite place you like to hang out, or something you've always wondered what it is; tonight you can find out! That is, as long as I can find out. :lol: I know, or can usuaully find quickly, most of the areas in the game ranging from buildings to neighbourhoods to state parks and prominent natural features. Some of the beaches, hills, trails, etc all have real life inspirations. Any of these places you've always wondered about, come let me know tonight and we will all find out together! Now be aware, some things are generic and others are temporary so identifying where this particular dumpster with the funny graffiti was parked on the day R* mapping team drove by in 2010 can prove difficult. But, I've found random things like a particular hot dog stand and similar, so I'm willing to give it a shot! Also we can enjoy a few other non-tour related activities and have some fun mixed in there.

Anyway, as always all are welcome, but we do hold this in an invite room. So if you haven't been joining us regularly lately and would like an invite tonight let me know here.

If you are interested but would prefer starting either at the normal 9-930ish or closer to 7PM(EDT, about 4 and a half hours from this post) let me know your preference so I have an idea which time would be most accomodating to everyone.

:cheers:

Edit: For those unfamiliar, this is hosted on PS4. If you've never been, I recommend giving it a try. You can always bail if we suck! :lol:

Room opening now, invites to go out shortly. If you would like an invite and don't see one in the next five minutes, let me know and I will get you invited.

Tonight's tour is going to have a delayed start. My apologies. I'm out in the garden trying to get some more planted before the sun is gone, and by the time I clean up it is going to be closer to 9-930PM EDT. Will likely not be able to start until closer to 10PM(about 2.5 hours from now) but I will update here if that changes.

Again, my apologies, I've been trying to get the start time pushed up, but I'm already very late in planting because of the weather and it's finally dry enough to get plants into the ground.

Room to go up in about 15 minutes, and I'll get the invites out. If you haven't seen an invite by 10:20(18 minutes from now) let me know and I'll get you one. Or I fell asleep.

Running a bit late cleaning up from working in the garden, but I'll have the tour room up in 15-20 minutes with invites to go out. If you would like an invite to join and haven't seen one let me know.

You missed some fun tours.

Will be starting late tonight, still out in the garden making baskets for the tomatoes. I hope to open the room about 10PM EDT, which is about 90 minutes from now.

Yesterday I had the best car chase yet in this game. I was trying to get away from the police in my stock Regina. Being massively underpowered, I couldn't just floor it and run away, instead I had to be creative with finding alleyways and obstacles and try to carry as much speed through the corners as possible. Felt like a good old proper car chase, the way they used to make them in the movies.

I posted some details in the Tour thread, but tonight I am going to do my best to open the room a little earlier by 7pm EDT. Tonight will be another very special tour.

35 years ago yesterday, Route 66 was officially striken from the US highway system. Tonight we'll take a ride to show it hasn't been forgotten.

Everyone is welcome to join. The room is invite only, so anyone here who wants an invite let me know. All the regulars get invited anyway. :lol:

Room up, invites going out now.

Invites have gone out. Anyone who hasn't received one that wishes to join, let me know.

Last edited:
Back