GTA V - General Thread

• Thread starter Hollidog
  • 9,032 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
hollidog
Hollidog
A short while ago R* tweeted a link to www.rockstargames.com which is now showing an image depicting a Grand Theft Auto V trailer is to be released on November 2nd.

Confirms what we've all been waiting for really...

Last edited by a moderator:
The trailer for GTA 5 will be available on the 2nd of November. GTA IV might not have been the title everybody was hoping for but Red Dead Redemption and L.A.Noire really filled in the wait, here's hoping GTA V recaptures some of the magic of the earlier games. 👍

310262_10150356561416633_59685491632_8404684_1598335750_n.jpg

#GTAV

GTAV is announced !!

What next year?
Any way I didn't really "get" GTA 4. Don't really see me being interested or buying for that matter the next installment.

I can't wait! Judging from the logo, it'll probably be set in the same place as San Andreas was, however it might also be a completely new place. I guess we'll find out next Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's a nice.....logo. Seriously, what was the point in this 'announcement'? It has told us absolutely nothing that we didn't already know.

I can't wait! Judging from the logo, it'll probably be set in the same place as San Andreas was, however it might also be a completely new place. I guess we'll find out next Wednesday.

Not seing the visual link to San Andreas myself :odd: - although i would be stoked if it was an update of that title.

All i'm seing with the V/Five is a generic bank note theme.

This was posted on Kotaku which ads weight to the San Andreas/L.A. remake, although the story line would appear to be very different to San Andreas'.

Kotaku
The next Grand Theft Auto game may be heading back to Los Angeles—or its GTA equivalent Los Santos—if rumored casting details dug up by Google search crackerjack "superannuation" for a project codenamed "Rush" are Rockstar-related.

Casting calls for a project by the name of Rush tied to Take-Two Interactive, which owns Rockstar Games, point to a video game set in the Los Angeles area, one that's certainly not 2011's L.A. Noire or the announced but never seen Agent. This appears to be a modern day fiction, with a cast that sounds very much like a broad, memorable group of miscreants, lowlifes and Hollywood stereotypes.

Mobsters, FBI agents, actors, hillbillies and hippies feature prominently in the cast listing that doesn't mention GTA by name, but sure reads a lot like the multicultural motley crews that feature in Rockstar's video games.

If accurate and related to Grand Theft Auto V, it would match a rumor put forth by VG247 last year, which tipped a return to the Los Angeles and Hollywood caricatures Los Santos and Vinewood. That locale was last featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which also included Las Vegas and San Francisco-like cities, a game that went on to sell more than 21.5 million copies.

The following casting call comes from talent network The Agency.

Mitch Hayes:
38 - Annoying, wise cracking, highly successful FBI agent. In great shape. Does triathlons, drinks low cal beer, but still has a sense of humor.
Miguel Gonzalez:
25 - Young Mexican American FBI agent, caught between a few mob bosses. Very clean cut

Clyde:
23 - Moronic, almost inbred and creepy white trash hillbilly. Very naïve but in a creepy "it's only incest sort of way"

Brother Adam:
Welsh monk / cult leader / yoga teacher - 50, very lithe, very into exploring your personal tension through gripping massage. Needs Welsh accent.

Mrs Avery:
Neurotic soccer mom, home maker, 48, anxious and addled on pain killers. Very angry at neighbor MRS Bell.

Mrs Bell:
Swinger, and mellow Californian divorcee. 45. Ugly but comfortable with self.

Eddie:
47 - Weed evangelist, guy who started smoking at 30, and is now a leading proponent of marijuana's fantastic properties. White, awkward.

Ira Bernstein:
56 - publicist for an actress known as America's newest sweetheart who just so happens to love animals, orphans, drugs and sex. He's always trying to hide her latest indiscretion.

Kevin De Silva:
18 - Albert's fat, FPS playing gamer son. Smokes a lot of weed, has anxiety issues and a card for a bad back, very soft, very opinionated. Into making racist comments while playing online.

Harut Vartanyan:
42-52 years old - Armenian car dealer, moneylender, would be Fagin and would be bully. Heavily connected to the underworld, but irritates people so much no one likes him.

Nervous Jerry:
48 - paranoiac living in the sticks, near Simon, completely paranoid, and terrified of Simon.

Calvin North:
55 - clapped out FBI agent who now mostly works offering advice on TV shows - whose only claim to fame turns out to be entirely false - but a decent guy in other ways. Badly dressed. Divorced. Putting on weight.

Jerry Cole:
53 - disabled IT expert and criminal information vendor.

Rich Roberts:
English hardman actor, 35, who acts tough but who wants to do serious work - the only problem is he can't quite read the words.

Alex:
white 52 yr old loosie goosie hippy rich guy who has lost his money and is getting desperate but trying not to.

Scarlet:
45-52 years old - unshaven female spiritualist and hippy with a love of exploring the wilderness. Very into journeys.

Chad:
29 - pretty boy misogynist Beverly Hills party boy. Made money, but not as cool as he thinks he is.

Tae Wong:
39 - somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster, loves doing ecstasy, going to raves.

Taes Translator:
45 - VERY STRAIGHT LACED Chinese translator, terrified of his boss's dad. Male, awkward. Needs to speak Chinese.

Rockstar Games was recently credited with registering some similarly Grand Theft Auto-sounding domain names, including CashForDeadDreams.com and StopPayingYourMortgage.net.

Rockstar North, the studio behind core Grand Theft Auto games, is currently at work in some capacity on Agent, "a paranoid journey into the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations during the height of the Cold War at the end of the 1970's." It has not officially announced GTA V.

No, no, no, the Green V obviously points it to being Vice city... which have lots of money too, which is green in america.

/Stating the obvious

Hmmm, I'm not sure I want to go back to Los Santos. I'm sure it will be remodelled and will look fantastic, but I'd like to see Rockstar expand out. There are plenty of cities they could draw on for inspiration: like a thriving-but-utilitarian metropolis modelled on Chicago and Seattle on one side of a bay, with a beautiful-but-decrepit hellhole festing with crime and unemployment (based on Detroit and Boston) on the other. And maybe a sort of picturesque regional centre (like Helena, Montana) that has been turned intoa cheap tourist trap (like Atlantic City) as a third region. I'd certainly like to see somewhere with snow.

About damn time!

There's no real conspiracy theories I can make from the logo (since that's what everyone likes to do, why not join in?), except the "V" and "five" are pretty much identical to the typeface on an American $5 bill.

Please not Los Santos (LA), at least not alone. I already found it boring that they used NYC for GTA IV.

Agreed mate, was a good location but why keep re-using the same tired old places? How about a return to form for the epic GTA London?

:lol: Yup, would much rather see something new, or the whole San Andreas environment, or the RDR scenery in modern times, like it was rumored before. LA, NYC, SF etc. are boring, at least if you have no choice to leave the city.

:odd: Isn't that a contradiction?

Yep, caught red handed! :dopey:

I was really referring to the sheer number of times NYC is featured in games. London in the Victorian times would make an interesting variation on the GTA engine, a bit like Red Dead but with a different approach. LA is another over used gaming location.

London, a la GTA:London (from the swinging sixties) is a rarely featured location.

Hope that makes a bit more sense :) 👍

Wow... I wasn't expecting that until E3 2012 but now seems like a good time for an announcement with Saints Row: The Third three weeks away to release.... I can't wait to see the trailer!

Also I really don't want it to be as dull as IV (More things to do after story R*!!!!) it's also interesting that Newswire also talked about V briefly a week ago (Saying R* will announce when ready)

Last edited:
The bank note theme of the 'V' could mean somewhere high rolling like Vegas but some many US cities have been played out already by so many franchises. If its set in LA I will literally yawn. Did they put the 'Five' there for the 13 year olds who will inevitably get hold of it? :lol:

I'm still praying for a modern Vice City, please please Rockstar!

The Story in IV was brilliant, the best mission was the chase involving the Corvette.

I started playing GTA when I was 3, and have been a big fan of the series for a decade.

Back