GTA V - General Thread

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by Hollidog, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Hollidog

Hollidog

A short while ago R* tweeted a link to www.rockstargames.com which is now showing an image depicting a Grand Theft Auto V trailer is to be released on November 2nd.

Confirms what we've all been waiting for really...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2013
  2. rhys159

rhys159

Good news, hopefully it will be better than GTA IV. :tup:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
  3. spunwicked

spunwicked Premium

The trailer for GTA 5 will be available on the 2nd of November. GTA IV might not have been the title everybody was hoping for but Red Dead Redemption and L.A.Noire really filled in the wait, here's hoping GTA V recaptures some of the magic of the earlier games. :tup:

4. PHCharls

PHCharls

[​IMG]
    #GTAV

GTAV is announced !!

5. Darren.

Darren.

Awesome, never really got into GTA before. I'll rent this first.

6. TankAss95

TankAss95

What next year?
    Any way I didn't really "get" GTA 4. Don't really see me being interested or buying for that matter the next installment.

7. SafaditM3

SafaditM3

Finally! lol Can't wait to see what it's going to look like.

8. Piotrov

Piotrov

Awesome!! Can't wait to see what this new one brings to the table!!!

I loved all the GTA games.

9. Fyshokid

Fyshokid Premium

I can't wait! Judging from the logo, it'll probably be set in the same place as San Andreas was, however it might also be a completely new place. I guess we'll find out next Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
  10. Moglet

Moglet Premium

Wow, that's a nice.....logo. Seriously, what was the point in this 'announcement'? It has told us absolutely nothing that we didn't already know.

11. TheCracker

TheCracker Premium

Not seing the visual link to San Andreas myself :odd: - although i would be stoked if it was an update of that title.

All i'm seing with the V/Five is a generic bank note theme.

12. NINE_HUNDRED

NINE_HUNDRED

Washington DC is the rumour going around. I can't wait, one of my favourite games.

13. TheCracker

TheCracker Premium

This was posted on Kotaku which ads weight to the San Andreas/L.A. remake, although the story line would appear to be very different to San Andreas'.

14. UnionStrike

UnionStrike (Banned)

No, no, no, the Green V obviously points it to being Vice city... which have lots of money too, which is green in america.

/Stating the obvious

15. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

Hmmm, I'm not sure I want to go back to Los Santos. I'm sure it will be remodelled and will look fantastic, but I'd like to see Rockstar expand out. There are plenty of cities they could draw on for inspiration: like a thriving-but-utilitarian metropolis modelled on Chicago and Seattle on one side of a bay, with a beautiful-but-decrepit hellhole festing with crime and unemployment (based on Detroit and Boston) on the other. And maybe a sort of picturesque regional centre (like Helena, Montana) that has been turned intoa cheap tourist trap (like Atlantic City) as a third region. I'd certainly like to see somewhere with snow.

16. Coxis

Coxis

Excellent! I love GTA games.

17. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

About damn time!

There's no real conspiracy theories I can make from the logo (since that's what everyone likes to do, why not join in?), except the "V" and "five" are pretty much identical to the typeface on an American $5 bill.

18. G.T.Ace

G.T.Ace

Please not Los Santos (LA), at least not alone. I already found it boring that they used NYC for GTA IV.

19. spunwicked

spunwicked Premium

Agreed mate, was a good location but why keep re-using the same tired old places? How about a return to form for the epic GTA London?

20. TheCracker

TheCracker Premium

:odd: Isn't that a contradiction?

21. Christhedude

Christhedude

lol... hilarious

22. G.T.Ace

G.T.Ace

:lol: Yup, would much rather see something new, or the whole San Andreas environment, or the RDR scenery in modern times, like it was rumored before. LA, NYC, SF etc. are boring, at least if you have no choice to leave the city.

23. land sea air

land sea air

It's nice to have an awesome announcement like this and not have to wait forever to see the trailer. One week!

24. Tom

Tom Premium

Woo-hoo! Better than GTAIV hopefully. :)

25. spunwicked

spunwicked Premium

Yep, caught red handed! :dopey:

I was really referring to the sheer number of times NYC is featured in games. London in the Victorian times would make an interesting variation on the GTA engine, a bit like Red Dead but with a different approach. LA is another over used gaming location.

London, a la GTA:London (from the swinging sixties) is a rarely featured location.

Hope that makes a bit more sense :) :tup:

26. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Nice! I don't really care where it's set, as long as it's finally released. Been WAY too long between releases...

27. Akira GT

Akira GT Premium

Wow... I wasn't expecting that until E3 2012 but now seems like a good time for an announcement with Saints Row: The Third three weeks away to release.... I can't wait to see the trailer!

Also I really don't want it to be as dull as IV (More things to do after story R*!!!!) it's also interesting that Newswire also talked about V briefly a week ago (Saying R* will announce when ready)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  28. C Ronaldo 7

C Ronaldo 7 (Banned)

I'm hoping for it to be set in San Andreas. I don't care where it will be set anyway because we're getting a new GTA! :D

29. Robin

Robin Premium

The bank note theme of the 'V' could mean somewhere high rolling like Vegas but some many US cities have been played out already by so many franchises. If its set in LA I will literally yawn. Did they put the 'Five' there for the 13 year olds who will inevitably get hold of it? :lol:

I'm still praying for a modern Vice City, please please Rockstar!

30. Crumpet

Crumpet Premium

The Story in IV was brilliant, the best mission was the chase involving the Corvette.

I started playing GTA when I was 3, and have been a big fan of the series for a decade.