GTA V - General Thread

• Thread starter Hollidog
  • 9,032 comments
No new GTA in 8 years will suck donkey testicles.

edit: So the PS5 GTA V trailer has 29k upvotes and 27k down votes. This amuses me.
I mean, I see both spectrum’s reasoning for it. Some are happy they can continue playing with friends on a newer console and not have to be left behind on the old tech, while others probably want to see the game closed off and development pushed towards the next game.

Some are happy they can continue playing with friends on a newer console and not have to be left behind on the old tech, while others probably want to see the game closed off and development pushed towards the next game.

Why not both? The people who've been happily playing GTAO for the last 6 years can still play that if R* keep supporting it for the PS4, in the meantime, R* could develop a new game for PS5. From my point of view GTAO is the worst thing to happen to the franchise, but I don't necessarily want to see it closed off if people enjoy it, but, so far it's effectively closed the franchise off for near enough what will be a decade for those that don't play online. The fine work R* did with Read Dead shouldn't be ignored, but it's not hard to interpret the situation as R* giving up doing what they're best at in favour of just rinsing peoples money for shark cards in a game that's become so far from what GTA is it may as well be a different franchise.

GTA 2, GTA 3, GTA VC, GTA SA, & GTA IV (not to mention the spin-offs of those) were released in a smaller time frame then the gap from GTA V to it's successor.

GTA V will probably go down as the single most financially lucrative piece of entertainment ever created.

Well as a "long time" GTA player I sold the game back at the start of 2020 but with the news that GTA Online is going to be made free for PS5 for PSPlus members and as a separate stand alone game I am reconsidering a return to Los Santos.

I was not happy to see R* milk GTA V for a third time and I will not buy the actual game itself but I do feel they have made a right call to separate GTA Online from V and if that indeed goes the Fortnite model I can live with that one and would be interested in returning to the game.

Either way as a previous post said GTA will continue to be one of the most popular games and I will be interested to see how online fares stand alone not to mention if crossplay may also become a thing for the online game.

During the Playstation 5 announcement livestream, the first game they showed off was GTA V for the PS5. They are going to be releasing the game once again for the new consoles. They'll supposedly add "enhancements" to make use of the more powerful system. Considering the PS4 barely even passes 20 fps sometimes, at least now it'll be playable.

With regard to the forthcoming PS5 game I would imagine R* will milk the cow and charge full price again for the game, we were able to transfer our characters for free to next gen and I imagine that will continue for PS5.

However you're not loosing out if you only plan to play the online portion of the game since it will be free for the first three months of release.

I have no plans to get the story mode for PS5 so I will be getting the GTA Online stand alone game when it's out.

The new update just dropped, the submarine costs $2.2 mil for the base and $9.1 million with all the add-ons and stuff.

The good news -
Guided missiles are crazy fast and agile
Sonar tracking allows you to find free money on the sea floor
You can literally drive your submarine (unlike the yacht) as well as fast travelling to preset locations for a fee (like the yacht)
Free spawn point, no need to buy personal quarters

The bad news -
Guided missiles recharge really quick so expect them to be a new grief method for tryhards
Can be tedious to navigate the sub interior, will most likely become less of an issue after a few weeks

The new update just dropped, the submarine costs $2.2 mil for the base and $9.1 million with all the add-ons and stuff.

The good news -
Guided missiles are crazy fast and agile
Sonar tracking allows you to find free money on the sea floor
You can literally drive your submarine (unlike the yacht) as well as fast travelling to preset locations for a fee (like the yacht)
Free spawn point, no need to buy personal quarters

The bad news -
Guided missiles recharge really quick so expect them to be a new grief method for tryhards
Can be tedious to navigate the sub interior, will most likely become less of an issue after a few weeks

Just a query.

I play GTA online on solo mode mostly. I just like tooling about doing my own thing. Not really into cooperative mode but like races now and again. Is there any point investing in the Sub if I don't do co-op? Are there missions and stuff to to do in solo mode?

Just a query.

I play GTA online on solo mode mostly. I just like tooling about doing my own thing. Not really into cooperative mode but like races now and again. Is there any point investing in the Sub if I don't do co-op? Are there missions and stuff to to do in solo mode?
Yep.

The Cayo Perico heist can be done solo or with friends, its your choice. Every other heist you need at least one other person, so this is a unique point of difference for heists.

It does however make it incredibly difficult. Everything's better with a crew.
(Edit: It also limits the amount of loot you're able to carry, but the plus side there is you don't have to split the take with anyone. What you get is what you get!)

Last edited:
Totally random, started walking more than driving. Going to attempt a hike from the airport to the top of the sky lift.

Edit: Nice walk. Started Monday @16:31, from the southern tip of the airport at the bottom of the stairs to the lookout atop Chiliad, Thursday @07:12.

Last edited:
Totally random, started walking more than driving. Going to attempt a hike from the airport to the top of the sky lift.

Edit: Nice walk. Started Monday @16:31, from the southern tip of the airport at the bottom of the stairs to the lookout atop Chiliad, Thursday @07:12.

It’s a pretty nice game for hiking actually. A lot of details in the world that you only notice while on foot.

I was in the middle of three police shoot outs, and had to off four pumas, before I became their next meal. About 3/4s of the way up Chiliad, it rained and at no time, did I see any other hikers.

I like the idea of bike riding. Haven't done that since San Andreas.

I was in the middle of three police shoot outs, and had to off four pumas, before I became their next meal. About 3/4s of the way up Chiliad, it rained and at no time, did I see any other hikers.

I like the idea of bike riding. Haven't done that since San Andreas.

Inspired by your post I had a similar hike, except I took the metro from the airport. I had the same puma kill count (tried scaring them off with a warning shot but it didn’t work) but due to bypassing half the city with the metro I only encountered two shootouts. I did see a lot of hikers though, most of them running down the mountain in fear of the pumas.

I also learned that this game has butterflies. Never noticed that before.

Back