GTCS season delayed

  • Thread starter Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 63 comments
  • 3,254 views
im really interested in this league but just have a question, what day the race will be held?

Right now it's set for Tuesday nights, but I may change it to Friday nights.
 
Very interested in joining; DS3 user so I guess I'd need to uh, take a test? ...I'm part of a couple of other Pro leagues so, I really don't have an issue with this.
 
First off, thank you. I had forgotten about most of this. :P

Damage will be set to heavy, as you said it promotes clean driving and consequences for mistakes. Likewise, grip will be set to "real" for the same reasons.

For the RM's, yes we will be using a number system. However, I don't think it will apply to the first season. I'm strongly leaning towards using the Lexus ISF racing concept for the spec car and it does not have a number plate. However you can change the color so for instance a team could run blue cars, but have them different shades to differentiate drivers. This car will be used all season.

I thought about rolling starts. Everyone would have to be very disciplined and I would have to come up with a procedure. I want to do a practice race this Tuesday to see how things go. As for the race day/time, it's impossible to get a time that suits everyone. As you said it keeps European's from participating, but if I move the time to say 6pm, most people are still working here in the US. I am planning on putting up a pole soon to see where people stand. I'm contemplating moving the race time to Friday night 9pm EST.

Last, I would actually prefer to race every two weeks. The problem is I don't want people to lose interest and drop out of the series because of the gap. Also, that takes a 10 race season and turns it into 20 weeks. That goes from 2 and a half months to 5 months. I want to make sure people stay committed to running the whole season.

Yes, I understand that it's impossible to make it fit with everyones schedule.
But the Friday at 9 PM (or 8 :) ) EST is a good compromize. That's a lot better. I meen, sitting to late night on a weekend with GT5 is something I've done before :)

About the startprocedure. This one is in poor english, but I hope you understand it anyway. Just make your own with this one as help. This one is mine from a race I held 2 weeks back for GT500's at Suzuka.

"During freerun every player will see a list on hes right, stating what position you currently posess according to your best lap (If you exit freerun mode your time will be erased and you will end up last in that list as you reconnect to the freerun from the lounge). So when you are saticfied with your Q-time, just park the car somewhere on the track where you don't interfear with other drivers.

IMPORTANT: Remember the name of the players ahead and behind you according to the list on your right before race starts. Also remember the driver 2 spots ahead of you, since that car is going to be infront of you when the grid split up in two lanes before the start.

Race start: When countdown reaches zoro: DO NOT MOVE! I'll write the positions on the chat, then take of one by one in a SLOW pace (accelerations and brakings to get temperature in your tyres is allowed) for one lap. The poleposition car will serve as a "pace car" during the formation lap. From the last chicane, the polecar have to keep a SLOW and STEADY (no accelerations or braking) pace. From here on, form a 2 lane grid with the polecar on the inside lane. So the odd numbers will start at the right side of the track, and the even numers on the left side. When the poleposition car reach the startline the race is on! NOTE: NO overtaking is allowed before the startline! So if you i.e starts as car number 8, you can not start before car number 7 a.s.o. So keep an eye on the car ahead of you, and don't look at the poleposition car (If you're not in 2:nd ofc) during the start."

NOTE: When I hosted this race, a strange thing happened. The list of the fastest cars during freerun was different on everyones screen. My said I was in pole, but the best laptime was not mine. So for qulification, it could be a good idea for people to do it in their own practicemode. Sending the replay file (or youtube link, when linking to youtube, replay must be recorded from chase-cam) to you (or me, or both) for review. Not clean=5 sec penalty. You can only submit once. Deadline is always 36 hours from starttime.

And about the 2 weeks between races. I don't think that interest will go down. More the opposite.. In this league, we will have clean drivers that understands racing. My guess is that almost everyone would welcome a 2 weeks-between-races schedule. But yes, the season will be more strech out. But if we held the championship to 8 races, that would be a total of 14 weeks, or 3 mounth and a few days. And in the mid season you can hace races every week, let's say between raceweek 4 and 5, you could put in arace, so in the mid season, at two different times, there will be 3 races in 3 weeks, meking the total amount of races 10. Also, you should add that 2 raceresults will be removed for every racer, meking it possible to miss a few races due to weddings, birthdays or whatever, and still be part of the competition...

My good, my english must be terrible.. I've just put down words as I came to think of them..
 
The website is almost complete. I will start getting people directed over there tomorrow after I get off of work hopefully. The rules will be updated, as well as race day, time etc. I have got to get to bed so for now I must hold off on answers.
 
OP Updated.

League site is up! =D
 
Just a tip.. All times should be complimented with the timezone used. There will prbobly be drivers from different timezones. Just to remove misunderstandings..
 
All times will be EST. Sorry for the confusion I will update the site when I can.
 
Very interested in joining; DS3 user so I guess I'd need to uh, take a test? ...I'm part of a couple of other Pro leagues so, I really don't have an issue with this.

Yes just to be sure you can drive in a consistent clean manner. If you want to register to the site and send me a request on PSN we can set up a test.
 
Very interested in joining; DS3 user so I guess I'd need to uh, take a test? ...I'm part of a couple of other Pro leagues so, I really don't have an issue with this.

im really interested in this league but just have a question, what day the race will be held?

Day has changed to Friday nights 9pm EST
 
There will be a league open test tonight at 9:30pm EST

Server - GTCS Open Test

Regulations - 542hp max 1350kg minimum weight

You do not have to be signed up or register to participate. Hope to see some people there! :)
 
Open Test lobby is up now!

Lobby name "GTCS Open Test"
 
Not many people showed up for the open test last night, but it was on short notice. Let's get some more people for this Friday.
 
Sorry I've been MIA, I was out of town over the weekend. I've signed up on your website, and plan on being in for the open test this Friday. Usually I'm around, but that being said it is on Friday nights now, so I'm not sure how willing I am to commit
 
Sorry I've been MIA, I was out of town over the weekend. I've signed up on your website, and plan on being in for the open test this Friday. Usually I'm around, but that being said it is on Friday nights now, so I'm not sure how willing I am to commit

After some input from some european racers and the time difference it worked better on Friday's. Hopefully you can still race with us. Glad to hear you registered on the site.
 
I just did a quick skim through rules and regs to see if anything had changed since you first started the thread. About your format for rolling starts--- you know that there's a slight mic lag? It's present in every game, not just a GT5 or room-specific thing. This goes for even if you just have 2 users on a track and both have fast, hard-wired connections
 
I just did a quick skim through rules and regs to see if anything had changed since you first started the thread. About your format for rolling starts--- you know that there's a slight mic lag? It's present in every game, not just a GT5 or room-specific thing. This goes for even if you just have 2 users on a track and both have fast, hard-wired connections

Yes I figured. I was planning on testing it in the open test tonight. If it doesn't work properly it will be scrapped and the rules will change to standing starts with false check on. The other option would be to go by the total time in the upper right hand of the screen. Done some testing with this and it's pretty much perfectly synced up for everybody.
 
yes, I was joining, but I'm afraid the startingtimes will be a problem for me. It's like 3 or 4 in the morning in Sweden.. Sorry
 
No worries.

There will be an open test tonight at 9pmEST for anyone who wants to come. There will also be a 10 lap fun race.
 
Hey LV, are you hosting the test? I don't see you in the lobby.
 
something is wrong with the site i think. it says that the site is disabled.
 
It's gonna be rough going for me but I'm definately interested in this series. I love the Lexus and how it's so much like DTM, one of my favorite race series. You can count me in. PSN: Jay2DaB329 (Jay To Da B 329 for those who are not sure how to pronounce it...LOL)
 
Sorry for not responding I had to shut my computer down while the room was up. Yes I was hosting I'm not sure why some people couldn't find it I apologize for that. As for the site I don't know it's working fine now I just got on it. I will be holding another test probably Tuesday night if you guys wanna get signed up on the league site and read the getting started and sign up threads so you know what you'll need.
 
Open test and practice race Thursday at 9pm EST.
 
Back