GTHD General Question Thread

• Thread starter buickgnx88
  • 90 comments

buickgnx88

That Guy Over There
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
I'm opting to start a thread where people can post random, or insignificant questions that don't merit starting a new thread themselves. Please post your questions (and answers) here...

-> Have a few questions though:

1. Will my save from GT4 (all my cars with its saved settings) be transffered on GTHD Classic?

2. If I do get, play, and save my progress on GTHD Premium will it be directly be transffered to GT5 when it comes out?

-> Thanks! (:

I was curious about that too. It depends a lot on how much GT HD is simply GT4 with enhancements and goodies. Like, if the racing structure is the same, and the entire car list from GT4 is the same, perhaps with some new cars, then I would say yes. If it isn't, I don't see why it couldn't still go through some sort of translation process to make it compatible with the HD format. If GT HD is radically different, then I guess we'll hear something closer to release.

-> Have a few questions though:

1. Will my save from GT4 (all my cars with its saved settings) be transffered on GTHD Classic?

2. If I do get, play, and save my progress on GTHD Premium will it be directly be transffered to GT5 when it comes out?

-> Thanks! (:

I think its more a case that you will get some sort of a bonus from transfering you save from GT4 to GTHD and then GTHD to GT5... you have to re-buy all the cars you want to use in GTHD Classic so you cant port your GT4 garage cars.....hopefully that answers your first question...

To answer your second question you will most likely (like all GT's that have gone before) get more startup money and some licence tests done and maybe some bonus car but thats about it.

Whatever it is you will always get some reward for buying the GT before..... what I want to know is that if you have like all the PS2 saves do you get some super bonus (GT3,GTC,GTP,GT4)... and maybe GTHD... all for GT5..... problem is all my saves are like different regions but the Ps3 is region free...

I think its more a case that you will get some sort of a bonus from transfering you save from GT4 to GTHD and then GTHD to GT5... you have to re-buy all the cars you want to use in GTHD Classic so you cant port your GT4 garage cars.....hopefully that answers your first question...

To answer your second question you will most likely (like all GT's that have gone before) get more startup money and some licence tests done and maybe some bonus car but thats about it.

Whatever it is you will always get some reward for buying the GT before..... what I want to know is that if you have like all the PS2 saves do you get some super bonus (GT3,GTC,GTP,GT4)... and maybe GTHD... all for GT5..... problem is all my saves are like different regions but the Ps3 is region free...
I agree, because GT HD is a newly coded game, which has to work on the new hardware.

it seems they wouldnt have importing of cars from GT4 simply because they didnt have it available for cars from GT3 to GT4.

I got a question aswell. err...
Its great that we have ferraris in HD, im a ferrari fan by the way.
But dont we need lamborghinis also? It would awsome! :)
What do you think?

But dont we need lamborghinis also? It would awsome! :)
What do you think?

Of course it would be nice have more(we have seen pagani already) italian super cars.
Though i prefer ferrari over lambo.

In childhood some of you had countach poster hanging over your bed, I had an F40.

Of course it would be nice have more(we have seen pagani already) italian super cars.
Though i prefer ferrari over lambo.

In childhood some of you had countach poster hanging over your bed, I had an F40.

I had both. :) Plus a Porsche 959 poster. Then I had another with a countouch a 348 and a 911 that said "decisions" on it. I still have that one in a frame. It inspires me.

To answer the question though, until we get an official announcement or an official car list know one knows for sure. As of right now I would say it's safe to say no to Lamborghini in GTHD but things can change.

id rather have lamborghini then ferrari to tell you the truth. lambo has the only factory v12 powered suv (which WOULD be an suv that belongs in GT), plus the Diablo SV and Countach kick major butt! ferrari's engines are all whiny and sound like blenders, whereas the lambo's have the muscley exhaust note which sound freakin awesome!

it seems they wouldnt have importing of cars from GT4 simply because they didnt have it available for cars from GT3 to GT4.

The difference is that GT3 & GT4 are 2 different games.
where as GT4 & GTHD (Classic at least) are pretty much the same game. GT4 was basically a tuned down port to PS2. The Classic in GTHD should be the PS3 version of GT4, basically GT4 Fully Loaded.

Now they may keep them seperate. GT4 and GTHD Classic being compatible and GTHD Premium and GT5 being compatible.

maybe GTHD will be a link between the 2 games.

has there been any updates regarding when it'll be released here in the US?

No, I dont think a release date has been planned anywhere else apart from Japan yet but I would think that it would be sometime early next year for the US and may well be a launch title when the PS3 comes to europe in march.

Robin

No, I dont think a release date has been planned anywhere else apart from Japan yet but I would think that it would be sometime early next year for the US and may well be a launch title when the PS3 comes to europe in march.

Robin

MARCH???? That's ridiculous! Too long to wait. Might as well get our minds off this game for the time being, if we have to wait that long. :crazy:

MARCH???? That's ridiculous! Too long to wait. Might as well get our minds off this game for the time being, if we have to wait that long. :crazy:
What??? March is the THIRD month of the year, it's not far off at all. Were only just over 2 months away from 2007.

i have a question, since this forum was changed to GT HD, will there be another forum soon for GT5?

A quick question, probably the millionth one BUT...do you think pplz that polyphony will get the burnout physics correct in the new gt games.

I mean that attempting a doughnut and only being limited to driving around in a circle is a let down

AND

Lots and lots of smoke, dependant on tyre compound, type and car horsepower, even a one wheel skid for cars pre LSD differential.

Another one too....will the new GTHD have advanced photomode features???

REVO

i have a question, since this forum was changed to GT HD, will there be another forum soon for GT5?

When GT5 comes out in 2008 (if we're lucky), The name of this forum will likely be changed to GT5...

Ciao!

When GT5 comes out in 2008 (if we're lucky), The name of this forum will likely be changed to GT5...

Ciao!
Or, because GTHD is a seperate game, this forum will be moved elsewhere like the GT4 Prolouge Forum was and a new GT5 Forum made - if it'll be even called GT5.

i havent been able to get a straight answer on this one and the search turned up a gazillion results so here goes :nervous: ... will gthd premium and classic be sold together and are they definately coming stateside (all the other "in between" GTs like prologue didnt come here) :grumpy:

They are two different games but they will both be on the same disk, as for where it will be released, Japan and Europe are confirmed, no official word on America yet as far as I'm aware but I don't see why not. Then again I didn't see why not for GT:Concept and GT4:Prologue either.

thanks alot:tup: , i was thinking the same thing about the old games but now that gt4 is out it doesnt really matter

Back