(GTOR) | [GTTCC-3] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S3 - xflow1390 takes back to back titles!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 4,148 comments

Standing or Rolling starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what strategies did people actually run? I give up trying to figure it out during the race as people were pitting all over the place! I did a 2 stop. Softs for about 27 minutes, pit for mediums for around 3 laps, then softs till end.

So what strategies did people actually run? I give up trying to figure it out during the race as people were pitting all over the place! I did a 2 stop. Softs for about 27 minutes, pit for mediums for around 3 laps, then softs till end.

I ran a 3 stop, mostly by accident. I pitted after 22 mins on softs, planning another 22ish on softs and then finish the race on the SMs. It sorta worked but as I was thinking about when to take my second stop I spun out into the pitlane coming out of the final corner. No problem I thought, I will just put the SMs on and run them a few minutes longer than planned........"ding" oh holy ****balls, 15 minutes to go and my 3rd set of softs accidentally fitted to the car. At this point @NinjaEvo has just passed me but is on old softs or SMs and is slower, I am slightly ahead of @Doomstorm16 and with lots of pace. I slowly reeled Ninja in for a lap or two and then he made a mistake and let me past. I was back in anger mode and was pushing hard to build a gap over both Ninja and Doom for about 8 - 10 laps, watching on the mini-map as Ninja slowly fell back towards doom before pitting. At this point I had figured out that I wasn't going to build enough time over Doom, I had used 10 of my 15 minutes and had less than 15 seconds to play with, fine, run a couple more laps and finish on the SMs for a comfortable fifth.

The very next lap I repeated my neat spin into the pits trick (I am convinced that its the most efficient pit entry here ;) ) this time I managed to get the SMs on, out in 5th, well behind doom but a good 20 seconds ahead of Ninja with only 3 minutes or so are left to go. Easy right?

Well, no, not quite. First lap on the SMs I spin in the exact same fashion, I manage to avoid entering the pits this time but hit the pit wall pretty hard with my left hand rear wheel, stopped dead and then the damage meant I was crabbing really really badly down the straight at about 50, it clears as I head into the first corner and by this point Ninja is right on me. A couple of corners later and he passed me after I made a mistake at the same corner that he did earlier on when I passed him almost ironic.

So, I turned a comfortably 4th into a messy 6th, not a good race all in all.

Morale of the story: stop crashing!

I ran a 3 stop, mostly by accident. I pitted after 22 mins on softs, planning another 22ish on softs and then finish the race on the SMs. It sorta worked but as I was thinking about when to take my second stop I spun out into the pitlane coming out of the final corner. No problem I thought, I will just put the SMs on and run them a few minutes longer than planned........"ding" oh holy ****balls, 15 minutes to go and my 3rd set of softs accidentally fitted to the car. At this point @NinjaEvo has just passed me but is on old softs or SMs and is slower, I am slightly ahead of @Doomstorm16 and with lots of pace. I slowly reeled Ninja in for a lap or two and then he made a mistake and let me past. I was back in anger mode and was pushing hard to build a gap over both Ninja and Doom for about 8 - 10 laps, watching on the mini-map as Ninja slowly fell back towards doom before pitting. At this point I had figured out that I wasn't going to build enough time over Doom, I had used 10 of my 15 minutes and had less than 15 seconds to play with, fine, run a couple more laps and finish on the SMs for a comfortable fifth.

The very next lap I repeated my neat spin into the pits trick (I am convinced that its the most efficient pit entry here ;) ) this time I managed to get the SMs on, out in 5th, well behind doom but a good 20 seconds ahead of Ninja with only 3 minutes or so are left to go. Easy right?

Well, no, not quite. First lap on the SMs I spin in the exact same fashion, I manage to avoid entering the pits this time but hit the pit wall pretty hard with my left hand rear wheel, stopped dead and then the damage meant I was crabbing really really badly down the straight at about 50, it clears as I head into the first corner and by this point Ninja is right on me. A couple of corners later and he passed me after I made a mistake at the same corner that he did earlier on when I passed him almost ironic.

So, I turned a comfortably 4th into a messy 6th, not a good race all in all.

Morale of the story: stop crashing!

Stop crashing ... Hmm good advice will remember that one :sly:

Wait, is this for a race today? Is there an endurance section of this series then? Feel like I'm missing a trick somewhere....

Wait, is this for a race today? Is there an endurance section of this series then? Feel like I'm missing a trick somewhere....
No it's all on here mate :)

Not much to say about it, little bit in the OP. Just a 1 hour race with tyre change, thought you knew?...

I erm... Yeah I don't pay attention to these things...
Wake up. ;)

:lol:

Monday evening is the endurance racing. Same cars, same room settings, as many pit stops as you want. Only rule is that both soft and medium compound must be used. 👍 Its a great way to practice for Wednesday, it's nowhere near as boring as I'd imagined.

If the server maintenance is tomorrow, then the update will be on Thursday. So I can't see why we can't race, unless PD breaks something.
you do know how maintenance service people do their job?
fix 1 thing and break somin else so you have to call for them again
these server issues will never be fully fixed, there will always be something causing the problems to linger

Anyone seen 21's yet? If not then...

WP_20150317_004.jpg

I will not be able to attend GTTCC Wednesday night. Please enjoy your night without me. Normal DR_ingo5 will be fighting for his place next Wednesday.

Back