(GTOR) | [GTTCC-3] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S3 - xflow1390 takes back to back titles!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 4,148 comments

Standing or Rolling starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Times at Motegi will be upwards of low 30's and 29's... I know I did a 30.1 under race conditions, it wasn't the best of laps either. No idea about D2 but D1 definitely will see these times...

Have the physics changed on this game? I've just rolled the CR-Z Touring Car twice in one race at Bathurst...

Question. Due to it being a one make with tyre wear potentially on a 'fast setting' and each race 20mins, how do people feel about this, kinda like BTCC;

SS must be used in 2 races and SM/SH in one, however the harder option drivers don't have to pit.
How does that sound?

Question. Due to it being a one make with tyre wear potentially on a 'fast setting' and each race 20mins, how do people feel about this, kinda like BTCC;

SS must be used in 2 races and SM/SH in one, however the harder option drivers don't have to pit.
How does that sound?
It sounds alright to me, can't remember if tyre wear is on fast for this season or not... I know, bad huh? But anyway, SS and SM seems ok as it is, and if we're going with a choice of not having to pit then SMs still give you the pace to make it feasible, whereas with SS & SHs you'll lose too much pace on the SHs to warrant staying out.

It sounds alright to me, can't remember if tyre wear is on fast for this season or not... I know, bad huh? But anyway, SS and SM seems ok as it is, and if we're going with a choice of not having to pit then SMs still give you the pace to make it feasible, whereas with SS & SHs you'll lose too much pace on the SHs to warrant staying out.
tyre wear is on normal, which was to stop the FR preserving their tyres more.

In my head it sounds ok. Basically on tyre wear the softs will drop off their peak after 10mins or so. The hards wont last that much longer but should still be fine until the end. Let's say we make our stop dead on 10mins, drivers on softs would be faster so would be further up the road. If they both pit then that's pointless. But say the SS have a gap of about 10 seconds. Their pit stop would put them behind the harder guys and then they'll make up that time and see if they can close them down, if that makes sense.

In my head it sounds good but I don't know if it will work, probably just overcomplicating things.

It could work with enough testing but would only be possible if all 3 races are the same length, otherwise you will run into problems where everyone uses the harder tyre in the same race. You will also need to tune it to get it right with each track because you will have a different level of pace difference between the two compounds and the pit lane loss would be different. Ideally you need to pick the race length to mean that the pace difference between the two compounds exactly cancels out the pit lane loss.

For example, if at one track its 2 seconds per lap faster on softs and a pit stop takes 30 seconds you will need a 15 lap race to make the two strategies close at the end of the race.

It could work with enough testing but would only be possible if all 3 races are the same length, otherwise you will run into problems where everyone uses the harder tyre in the same race. You will also need to tune it to get it right with each track because you will have a different level of pace difference between the two compounds and the pit lane loss would be different. Ideally you need to pick the race length to mean that the pace difference between the two compounds exactly cancels out the pit lane loss.

For example, if at one track its 2 seconds per lap faster on softs and a pit stop takes 30 seconds you will need a 15 lap race to make the two strategies close at the end of the race.
This was my initial concern, although while one compound gets refreshed the other is still deteriorating past the 2-seconds a lap drop off... Tokyo is a long enough stop to accommodate for this, and so is Indianapolis, but not many others have long pit lanes.

The whole thing doesn't sound like a bad idea. Maybe we should test it
i'll try do some tonight if people want to join

each race will be 20mins, and I think like BTCC you have to use the hard tyre twice in race 1,2 and 3 just to keep it interesting and unpredictable. The softs would be faster, but near the end of their stint they won't be as good, maybe setting the same times as the hards, but then after their stops they'd again have the fresh rubber to close the gap down

This was my initial concern, although while one compound gets refreshed the other is still deteriorating past the 2-seconds a lap drop off... Tokyo is a long enough stop to accommodate for this, and so is Indianapolis, but not many others have long pit lanes.
you need to remember that if the pit lane does actually catch you out, it will catch others out in other races too

I didn't mean as in catching out people, I just meant as in the length of the lane itself really... Pit stops are usually 30 seconds, but I think at those tracks they're about 40-45 seconds.

I didn't mean as in catching out people, I just meant as in the length of the lane itself really... Pit stops are usually 30 seconds, but I think at those tracks they're about 40-45 seconds.
ah true. Well then those races will give the harder guys more of a chance :)

The soft tyre drivers will most probably win, but it would produce different winners and mix it up a lot more imo

So damn close to Evo!

WP_20150407_002.jpg

Just finished for the day, will open a lobby (at motegi) in half hour. At least 2 others would be brill so that way we can get some real data. You need the CRZ Touring car, oil change and stage 3 engine, No turbo and we'll run a 20min race each driver on different compounds and we'll see what happens. About 9 i'll either make a new room or reset our one as I need to do some GTP ES practice. Welcome to join that too if anyone wants 👍

Back