(GTOR) | [GTTCC-3] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S3 - xflow1390 takes back to back titles!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 4,148 comments

Standing or Rolling starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can only assume it was because I didn't know how to clear my cache.
Well it's a bit odd that you didn't know, but everyone has to learn at some point.

Talking of DC's. A few minutes before you left my lobby, you had crazy amounts of lag. You were jumping about a 1/3rd of a lap.

Servers are going nuts tonight by the way. We couldn't even start GTWC due to so many problems. 👍

In the meantime, I'm going back to bad graphics, the late 90's and Oddworld. 👍

Well it's a bit odd that you didn't know, but everyone has to learn at some point.

Talking of DC's. A few minutes before you left my lobby, you had crazy amounts of lag. You were jumping about a 1/3rd of a lap.

Yeah I have never needed to do it before, its always worked in the past. I know now though :)

I am hopeful it was servers tonight, I will do a router reset before tomorrow and do the cache before I put up the Endurance lobby.

I guess some of us need to take a look in the mirror and chill and injoy things.
Sometimes forums and what said can be taken wrong.

I will be trying to return to the track for Wednesday race, really not 100% sure I will be there.
As had a text at work last night, my sisters other half had a fit and is in hospital :/
That then turned out to be a bleed on the brain and he now in a coma and there nothing they can do for him.
So things my end all up in the air, thinking of selling my bike so I can help my sister and two kids out a little money wise.

So will my mind be right for Wednesday race, my sister still got to make that choice to turn the life support off :(

The racing I guess been a little poor at times but we all trying to win or get the best place we can.
Sometimes anyone can loss it in wanting to get in front, happens to me a lot.
But I think I'm getting better at holding myself back, but in doing so the car behind not so willing.
I guess the game a sim and we not going to end up dead by trying are best.
Mistakes always there to happen, pen alway there to bring the racing closer, the closer it is the more risk of mistakes.

Talking on pens I really not want to bring this up as well I not 100% sure on them.
The work gone into them been big but I still thinking somethings not 100% right.
How to get my points across with out sounding like I'm moaning hmmm.

Lets say I come 1st in race 1, then 10th in race 2.
Then come 6th in race 3, I then face no pens for race one next round.
But if I was to say come 1st in race 1 then 3rd in race 2 then 6th in race 3, I then face no pens again.

Pls don't ask me what I'm getting at, but is it not more fair to make all top 10 drivers take there pens to the next round?
I guess my point is we pick pens for top 5 then only pick on anyone who gets within the top 5.
Then pick on them in race 2 and 3 if they come under 11th place, but then the top 5 only picked on in the next round.

Sorry all if that above upsets anyone and trying to get my point across not easy, I'm hoping someone understands what I'm trying to say lol.
The pens I think if Pam can handle it all maybe should all go over?

With the problems my end I'll not be happy missing the next to races, but am sort of happy missing Monaco.
What I think me working the 25th I will miss that one maybe not a bad one to miss.
Never mind how much I test there I was ways that S bend problem the bend out of the tunel.
I've hit the wall going the wall in the middle in online racing, in Btcc I done the track but my mind the track a pile up waiting to happen.
Fingers crossed it not be anyway me best go now, hope to see you all Wednesday.
I may test for it but not race it, I really not know my mind right now and how it will be Wednesday :(

I guess some of us need to take a look in the mirror and chill and injoy things.
Sometimes forums and what said can be taken wrong.

I will be trying to return to the track for Wednesday race, really not 100% sure I will be there.
As had a text at work last night, my sisters other half had a fit and is in hospital :/
That then turned out to be a bleed on the brain and he now in a coma and there nothing they can do for him.
So things my end all up in the air, thinking of selling my bike so I can help my sister and two kids out a little money wise.

So will my mind be right for Wednesday race, my sister still got to make that choice to turn the life support off :(

The racing I guess been a little poor at times but we all trying to win or get the best place we can.
Sometimes anyone can loss it in wanting to get in front, happens to me a lot.
But I think I'm getting better at holding myself back, but in doing so the car behind not so willing.
I guess the game a sim and we not going to end up dead by trying are best.
Mistakes always there to happen, pen alway there to bring the racing closer, the closer it is the more risk of mistakes.

Talking on pens I really not want to bring this up as well I not 100% sure on them.
The work gone into them been big but I still thinking somethings not 100% right.
How to get my points across with out sounding like I'm moaning hmmm.

Lets say I come 1st in race 1, then 10th in race 2.
Then come 6th in race 3, I then face no pens for race one next round.
But if I was to say come 1st in race 1 then 3rd in race 2 then 6th in race 3, I then face no pens again.

Pls don't ask me what I'm getting at, but is it not more fair to make all top 10 drivers take there pens to the next round?
I guess my point is we pick pens for top 5 then only pick on anyone who gets within the top 5.
Then pick on them in race 2 and 3 if they come under 11th place, but then the top 5 only picked on in the next round.

Sorry all if that above upsets anyone and trying to get my point across not easy, I'm hoping someone understands what I'm trying to say lol.
The pens I think if Pam can handle it all maybe should all go over?

With the problems my end I'll not be happy missing the next to races, but am sort of happy missing Monaco.
What I think me working the 25th I will miss that one maybe not a bad one to miss.
Never mind how much I test there I was ways that S bend problem the bend out of the tunel.
I've hit the wall going the wall in the middle in online racing, in Btcc I done the track but my mind the track a pile up waiting to happen.
Fingers crossed it not be anyway me best go now, hope to see you all Wednesday.
I may test for it but not race it, I really not know my mind right now and how it will be Wednesday :(
Sorry to hear about that mate, hope everything works out well

The pens, race 1 isn't affected by the previous week race 2. It's only the top 5 drivers from race 3 that have a pen for race 1 and then after that they are put back to normal before race 1 pens added.

In all fairness it's the same principle that you used in BTCC Integra and there was never a problem about it from people there......?

@CptMadBean

I'm so sorry to hear about your family woes Beany, that's terrible news. Take care of your family, racing is nothing in comparison to a life.

My thoughts are with you mate, try and keep strong for your sister, I know that you'll take good care of her.

First things first as others have said really sorry to hear that @CptMadBean , terrible news and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Yeah I have never needed to do it before, its always worked in the past. I know now though :)

I am hopeful it was servers tonight, I will do a router reset before tomorrow and do the cache before I put up the Endurance lobby.

I have found the problem, I am hoping a full reset overnight will see some improvements but if there are no changes the endurance tomorrow might be a no go.

@CptMadBean it really is a small world isn't it. The girlfriend's parents were meant to be coming back from the US today. He ended up having a heart attack the second he got of the plane and is lucky to still be alive, but he's in a bad condition.

It's a sad strange world

@sb360 I went and bought the Honda and gave it a thrash around BHI. The good news for you is that it's faster than the Volvo, 47.7 with some tuning done. 👍 It's possibly better here than the C4 too, which I'm really suprised about.

@sb360 I went and bought the Honda and gave it a thrash around BHI. The good news for you is that it's faster than the Volvo, 47.7 with some tuning done. 👍 It's possibly better here than the C4 too, which I'm really suprised about.

Yeah the car is great and this should be a reasonable track for it, I was driving poorly tonight and I couldn't find a setup I liked, assuming my internet is functional tomorrow I will probably reset the suspension to factory as I think I have made things worse with mine. In truth the balance is going to be rather unimportant this week, the person who wins will be the person who makes the fewest mistakes.

Yeah the car is great and this should be a reasonable track for it, I was driving poorly tonight and I couldn't find a setup I liked, assuming my internet is functional tomorrow I will probably reset the suspension to factory as I think I have made things worse with mine. In truth the balance is going to be rather unimportant this week, the person who wins will be the person who makes the fewest mistakes.

You're right, consistency is key.

I'm not sure how you've made the Honda twitchy? I found it was quite stable and the brakes were amazing. You probably have gone the wrong way with the tune, because my Volvo tune is currently unchanged for this track and it feels about as good as can be expected really. It's easy to get the tune wrong, I've done it countless times before.

You're right, consistency is key.

I'm not sure how you've made the Honda twitchy? I found it was quite stable and the brakes were amazing. You probably have gone the wrong way with the tune, because my Volvo tune is currently unchanged for this track and it feels about as good as can be expected really. It's easy to get the tune wrong, I've done it countless times before.

Yeah, I constantly overdevelop a car and then switch it back to factory for a run and go quicker, I am finding it twitchy at the turn 4 chicane if I try to do it flat, it is do-able if you take a lot of kerb and do-able if you take very little but I find with my current tune if I take a normal amount of curb I end up backwards. I think for tomorrow someone doing consistent mid-49s without trashing tyres will be well placed for decent points.

Yeah, I constantly overdevelop a car and then switch it back to factory for a run and go quicker, I am finding it twitchy at the turn 4 chicane if I try to do it flat, it is do-able if you take a lot of kerb and do-able if you take very little but I find with my current tune if I take a normal amount of curb I end up backwards. I think for tomorrow someone doing consistent mid-49s without trashing tyres will be well placed for decent points.
I don't take turn 4 flat, it ends in disaster. I'm possibly carrying more speed out of 3 and that'll be why I can't do 4 flat?

I don't take turn 4 flat, it ends in disaster. I'm possibly carrying more speed out of 3 and that'll be why I can't do 4 flat?
I do 3 flat as well, 4 flat only really worked once or twice I think, it just happened to be early on so I kept trying to repeat it for the rest of the session!

I do 3 flat as well, 4 flat only really worked once or twice I think, it just happened to be early on so I kept trying to repeat it for the rest of the session!
Hmm, I don't know how you did 4 flat. :( Can anyone else (in an FF) do it?

I'd rather go slower and keep it on the tarmac for the whole race, but now you've got me wondering. :lol:

Hmm, I don't know how you did 4 flat. :( Can anyone else (in an FF) do it?

I'd rather go slower and keep it on the tarmac for the whole race, but now you've got me wondering. :lol:

When it's a line that will have you pointing backwards 80+% of the time it's probably not a good idea to do it regularly! The main reason my laptimes were poor though was paddock hill, I could not get a rhythm through there at all.

Sideways a lot, mainly backwards, and quite often in the kitty litter. :scared:
Although I have only done wet laps so far 👍
:lol: Can you remember what your weather settings were and what tyres were you on? I've yet to play in the wet, I've been putting it off.

Last edited:
Just had it very wet, using wet tyres. Trying to learn some self/throttle control in the worst conditions, so hopefully ill be prepared for the worst.

Hopefully the weather will be kind anyway, it certainly isn't going to be a monsoon unless the met office have got it wrong.

I'll do my wet practice tomorrow.

Part of me wants it to rain because I like a challenge, but the other part of me wants it to remain fairly dry so that the racing goes smoothly without any incidents.

Is Ian stressing come on m8 your better than that lol.

Blue life if strange, yep tell me about it. Not long ago updated my Dad on things.
Wow for the first time in my life my Dad spoke about losing his Dad when he was just 10 years old.
Was I ready for it no, my ears just opened up.
Wow It's taken me 43 years to understand my Dad normal, always thought he was really.

Nah, I'm not stressing about the race Beany, I'm just making conversation. If I was stressed I wouldn't be messing around driving other cars around the track. ;)

It was nice of your Dad to talk to you for a change. My dad is probably similar to yours, he won't talk about any family members that have passed away. He keeps his thoughts and feelings locked up.

Back