GTP 5 VS. Forza 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tri O
  • 36 comments
  • 4,142 views
Messages
1
Messages
ER DUCE
I am about to buy a PS3 80gig. I am hooked on Forza 2 on the Xbox 360. I was wondering if anyone has played Forza 2 that has played GTP 5. I am wondering about the tuning part. So any info would help out alot before I buy a PS3.
 
Ahh, I was you my friend. I went for the PS3 with GT5P. I would worry about the 360 how it jus overheats & many other problems. There is more to come on GT5P. I don't know about Forza 2 though as I never played the game.
 
I am about to buy a PS3 80gig. I am hooked on Forza 2 on the Xbox 360. I was wondering if anyone has played Forza 2 that has played GTP 5. I am wondering about the tuning part. So any info would help out alot before I buy a PS3.

I've played both games, what tuning part would you like to know? are you still hooked with forza 2? cause I'm not anymore but it did gave me lots kind of fun first time it was released...
 
first off... you should wait till GT5 comes out

then the answer is clear: GT5! besides... GT5P is just a really REALLY fun demo
 
Can't be compared due to the fact that GT5 is some sort of a full demo and Forza is a full game. Further studies need to be just like the Green house effect(( man.. I am watching Simpsons too much)). If you haven't already searched for the topic, please do before making a thread about it.
From my opinion, GT5P is a bit slippery and FM2 is almost there but really nothing beats the real thing.
 
i tried forza at my friends house, but since i have no real life experience... i dont really think my opinion counts >.<
all i can say is that i like GT5P's menu look better than forzas... :P
 
the xbox 360 doesnt support the g25 anyways so it's not worht it :)
 
I am about to buy a PS3 80gig. I am hooked on Forza 2 on the Xbox 360. I was wondering if anyone has played Forza 2 that has played GTP 5. I am wondering about the tuning part. So any info would help out alot before I buy a PS3.

Forza tuning is better than the current tuning on GT but GT is more realistic.
 
I find myself going back to Forza 2 pretty often since The current online play on GT5:P is not on Forza's level. They're both decent games though.
 
how many players can u fit in an online race for forza?? vs. ps.
 
I think its 6 or 8 for forza, and 16 currently for prologue.
 
It's 8 for Forza.
 
Well this is in the drifting section... the tuning is less in depth on GT5P but the physics are much much better for drifting, on Forza you can pull ridiculous drifts on racing slicks whereas GT5 sports tyres are the limit of true drifting on the whole. R tyres are just to sticky on GT5, how it should be imo.
 
I find myself going back to Forza 2 pretty often since The current online play on GT5:P is not on Forza's level. They're both decent games though.

What what what?

I've played online in both games. Forza's online is awful. All MS fanboys who couldn't care less about a clean racing line. They hit you with no remorse, ask you to turn off your collision detection so they won't run into you (Yeah, seriously), and waiting to get online takes way longer than GT5P. Sure GT5:P doesn't have all the different online categories to choose from, but what is there, is light years ahead of Forza, in my opinion.




;)
 
What what what?

I've played online in both games. Forza's online is awful. All MS fanboys who couldn't care less about a clean racing line. They hit you with no remorse, ask you to turn off your collision detection so they won't run into you (Yeah, seriously)....




;)
Who do you play with? I always played with kids that talk about how to setup a balance car just by using the Toe or Camber. I'm a Class A user and I keep up with Class S drifters. Most of them turn on the collision and I usually go backwards as they go forwards so I can see how scared will they get when I almost or hit them. Usually they would wonder who this person in a Police Mustang or this " nike" fellow is.
 
What what what?

I've played online in both games. Forza's online is awful. All MS fanboys who couldn't care less about a clean racing line. They hit you with no remorse, ask you to turn off your collision detection so they won't run into you (Yeah, seriously), and waiting to get online takes way longer than GT5P. Sure GT5:P doesn't have all the different online categories to choose from, but what is there, is light years ahead of Forza, in my opinion.




;)

a nice unbiased opinion there from a super:tup:

This is the drifting section, so i guess what you're after is a back to back comparison of which is the best game in that area.

Well both games feature tyre, ride height, damper, spring, cambre, weight and power adjustments so you can alter the car to your liking.

On the physics side of things drifting on Forza2 is a piece of cake, Drifting on GT5P is hard, really hard yes it can be done yes there are lots of video's on youtube but belive me it takes time to get good lots and lots of time.

Both games have good and bad points, if you want to just jump in a car and drift the complete track stay with Forza2. But if you are willing to put in the hours GT5P will give you the greater sense of achievment.
 
Last edited:
What what what?

I've played online in both games. Forza's online is awful. All MS fanboys who couldn't care less about a clean racing line. They hit you with no remorse, ask you to turn off your collision detection so they won't run into you (Yeah, seriously), and waiting to get online takes way longer than GT5P. Sure GT5:P doesn't have all the different online categories to choose from, but what is there, is light years ahead of Forza, in my opinion.




;)

You're playing with the wrong people. I like being able to make private lobbies, and invite friends I want to play with. I also enjoy being able to kick people who I rather not play with. I also like chatting with people while I race/drift with a headset. There is no way tuning in GT5:P is "light years" ahead of forza, but I respect your opinion. I'm not going to bother listing other pros and cons of each game, because after all, this is a GT forum, and pretty much everyone is biased.
 
What what what?

I've played online in both games. Forza's online is awful. All MS fanboys who couldn't care less about a clean racing line. They hit you with no remorse, ask you to turn off your collision detection so they won't run into you (Yeah, seriously), and waiting to get online takes way longer than GT5P. Sure GT5:P doesn't have all the different online categories to choose from, but what is there, is light years ahead of Forza, in my opinion.




;)

the infrastructure of forza2 online, at this point, beats GT5p online hands down. you're just playing with the wrong people
 
That's just it. When playing GT5:P online, more often than not, I have a clean race with decent drivers. It wasn't always this way, but it has been for quite some time now, as long as you stay out of the beginner races. With Forza, unless you're in a seriously high ranking race, you're surounded by punters. The strange thing is, they don't seem to know hitting is not cool in racing. Shortcuts, punting, aggressive overtaking, etc... There just seems to be more awareness in the GT community, in regards to racing ettiquette. By all means, Forza's online structure is far superior. Private lobbies, various classes, voice chat (which I could take or leave, to be honest, especially on Xbox Live :crazy:). However, the online "experience", for me, is much more enjoyable in GT5:P once you hit the track. Furthermore, it really is a case of a full game vs. a demo. The full game is pretty much guarentied to have a more robust online structure. I have no doubt a much more diverse structure will be implemented once the full GT game arrives.

Most of them turn on the collision and I usually go backwards as they go forwards so I can see how scared will they get when I almost or hit them. Usually they would wonder who this person in a Police Mustang or this " nike" fellow is.

This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about.

There is no way tuning in GT5:P is "light years" ahead of forza, but I respect your opinion.

We definitely differ in opinion strongly there. However, you know what they say about opinions....

Both games have good and bad points, if you want to just jump in a car and drift the complete track stay with Forza2. But if you are willing to put in the hours GT5P will give you the greater sense of achievment.

I'd say that's pretty fair.




;)
 
If it's easier to drift in Forza2 and harder to drift in GT5P...
which represents a more real life drifting scenario?

I know nothing about car physics.... :guilty:
I just want as real life I can get.
 
DR, well that is understandable. Most of the MS players tend to hang out with the POPULAR drifters. I hardly got into races myself because my weird setups or they would say I am going to slow while I would say that they don't know how to control their drift. So if I got bored enough of these kids, I would take the reverse track and make the race interesting.
But here is an example of a general but fun run for me


MightyMan
If it's easier to drift in Forza2 and harder to drift in GT5P...
which represents a more real life drifting scenario?

I know nothing about car physics....
I just want as real life I can get.
None,its all based on opinions. But I haven't played the recent version of GT5P online but only the demo that was released a long time ago.
 
Last edited:
If it's easier to drift in Forza2 and harder to drift in GT5P...
which represents a more real life drifting scenario?

I know nothing about car physics.... :guilty:
I just want as real life I can get.

I would say GT5:P's physics are far superior. However, they both have their flaws. Live For Speed, Richard Burns Rally, or GTR2 is what you should be aiming for if true simulation is what you're looking for. Just make sure you have a good wheel.



;)
 
i've never played forza2 with a wheel, because after the logitec dfp for gt4, a 180* wheel was a waste in my opinion. I did spend many hours drifting the crap out of all my cars/set-ups/swaps etc and had LOTS of fun, but it definately is a lot easier (controller) to drift and the physics allow it. I actually sent MS a suggestion to make a 900* wheel. They replied with a sales-pitch for the damn wireless wheel they currently have :grumpy:. Gt5P drifting physics and the 900* wheel just feels a lot more like a simulator and true to the real thing. I do drift my little 240sx(s13) in real life, and the throttle control and counter-steering is definately good training for the real thing in the game. And as stated you can't fully compare as Forza2 is a full-game and GT5P is a full length Demo, i just want wait for the full game to come out...whenever that is :confused:

Believe it or not i still drift better in real life because you can FEEL the driftiing, the weight transfer, but those skills definately helped me adapt to the game a lot quicker. although i still blow compared to the dori-masters i've seen on here. :)👍
 
whoo! S13 FTW! I was watching the forza vid and I gotta say... it looks like driving on ice. It's so slippery
 
Yeah, for simulation GT has forza beat. How can you have a simulator on a console that only offers a 180* wheel, and you can use no other? Forza is fun but it is too easy to be "good". There are a few things that Forza has that GT does not, and those I would like to see in GT, but it is no big deal. Someone said it best earlier, if you want to just have fun pick up Forza, but if you want to feel like you have achieved something, GT is the way to go. Paintshop is fun for making cars that werent included in the game.
 
Believe it or not i still drift better in real life because you can FEEL the driftiing, the weight transfer, but those skills definately helped me adapt to the game a lot quicker. although i still blow compared to the dori-masters i've seen on here. :)👍

+1 drifting in real life is easier than in the game. Although it helps that my car has a retardedly aggressive differential that makes my car a little tail happy. (oh and eats through my cambered rears like butter)
 
Yeah, for simulation GT has forza beat. How can you have a simulator on a console that only offers a 180* wheel, and you can use no other? Forza is fun but it is too easy to be "good". There are a few things that Forza has that GT does not, and those I would like to see in GT, but it is no big deal. Someone said it best earlier, if you want to just have fun pick up Forza, but if you want to feel like you have achieved something, GT is the way to go. Paintshop is fun for making cars that werent included in the game.
Don't forget the Working Headlights for GT.
 
+1 drifting in real life is easier than in the game. Although it helps that my car has a retardedly aggressive differential that makes my car a little tail happy. (oh and eats through my cambered rears like butter)


which differential are u using? {edit}-just saw your signature. I had a friend who had a base model 350z single turbo set-up and a Nismo 2-way lsd. He let me drive it once and i was in 2nd gear, goin UP-hill around a 45* turn, on the throttle and the rear slipped out so easily, but nice and smoothe very easy to control and catch. I have the Tomei t-trax 2-way lsd in my 240sx and it makes sliding OHH soo much nicer. I hated the one-wheel-peel-outs around corners. 💡 the 2-way is noticeable, it's funny always having to explain to new passengers that nothing is wrong, the noise/clunking is normal. :)
 
Last edited:
It's Funny In forza that I rented, I could drift easily with the Pad, IN gt5p I can't... and don't even mention the wheel :(
 
I have both games, I've played Forza 2 to death, was a member of the community, etc...

As it goes for drifting between the 2 games, because that's what this thread is about;

Forza 2 is definitely easier. The game was set up with a game pad in mind so tapping the stick in a specific direction is just as good as holding it half way in that direction. This makes opp-lock a lot easier, which in turn increases the ease of drifting in the game.

GT5P on the other hand doesn't allow you to tap on opp-lock so you over turn the wheel and you pull yourself out of the drift, and most likely into a reverse spin.

F2 is far more forgiving, and therefor the lesser of the 2 console sims.

You can believe me 100%, it has been hard for me to admit this, I have an undying love for Forza, if it weren't for my 360 breaking for the 4th time, I wouldn't be here currently.
 
Back