GTP 5 VS. Forza 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tri O
  • 36 comments
  • 4,142 views
Nicely said. Yeah I noticed that Forza was more forgiving. Thats is why I dislike the game. As well Forza was more forgiving in messing up a turn and still wining a race ;) haha but that is different discussion.
 
Yeah, in Forza there is almost no snap-back in any car, which is the hardest part of drifting to learn to control.
 
which differential are u using? {edit}-just saw your signature. I had a friend who had a base model 350z single turbo set-up and a Nismo 2-way lsd. He let me drive it once and i was in 2nd gear, goin UP-hill around a 45* turn, on the throttle and the rear slipped out so easily, but nice and smoothe very easy to control and catch. I have the Tomei t-trax 2-way lsd in my 240sx and it makes sliding OHH soo much nicer. I hated the one-wheel-peel-outs around corners. 💡 the 2-way is noticeable, it's funny always having to explain to new passengers that nothing is wrong, the noise/clunking is normal. :)

lol yes mine was SOO noisy, I ran Motul 90pa fluid which comes with slip modifier but it was still clunky and aggressive (I think the torque bolt setting is maxed for aggressiveness, 80% lock or something? lol) Then I redid my oil with a TON of slip modifier added in first and its as smooth as butter now. Still has an incredible amount of torque transfer when you give enough throttle.
Haven't heard anything about the tomei t-trax but I imagine its much like the nismo.
 
the tomei is a pretty aggressive 2-way lsd. you can finess the throttle around turns smoothe, or just press the clutch in to take torque off the drive-train to make smoothe turns. locks great and makes sliding, drifting very predictable and easier to control. i have a short drift vid from april, of my 2nd drift practice. i'll post it up when i get home. :)👍

i think with the nismo don't they recommend synthetic gear oil? where as the tomei they recommend non-synthetic with lsd additive. I got the Tomei stuff at home they sell which is like $50 for 2 quarts. I was using the Torco 80w-90 gear oil and their lsd additive, but i cannot find a place that carries it anymore, so i have the Tomei stuff. enough off topic, gt5p is superior to a real drift experience as compared to Forza. =)
 
Last edited:
ive drifted on forza with the pad for over a year and about 4 months ago moved to the wheel and i will allwayz love forza.

i am a member of the comunity over there and have been in a drift team for over a year.
i have been in drift battles , team battles and tournaments as big as 62 players.
all this is down the on game chat and the size of the drift comunity over there.

back on topic.

forza has more to offer in the tunning department, like changing wheels, bodykits ,all performance upgrades down to lsd's. not forgeting motor swaps (ftw).

but as every1 has said this game is basicly a demo and forza is a finished product.

saying all this i wish gt5 came with a paint/livery editor plz plz plz = D
 
GT5P is just basically a demo so its hard to have a fair comparison. Forza 2 beats GT5P by a longshot in almost every way. For a fair compairison you really should wait until the full version comes out but by that time Forza 3 will be out.

The physics still dont seem right in GTP5 at all. Everything always feels more realistic to me in Forza 2 compared to GTP5. You can even tune the physics in Forza 2 just right so you can pull a wheelie both tires or 1 tire. Also when simply taking jumps it does not feel real in GTP5 while it feels very real in Forza 2. The inside view of GTP5 is very nice and its one of the main features that Forza 2 does not have. GTP5 also has 16 players online while Forza 2 has 8. But you cant play GTP5 with 16 people until you beat the C,B,A events or use a game save.

Forza 2 is a full game so there is the ability to completely customize cars with body kits, black marks that stay on the road, many real life parts, swap engines, full car damage, swap drive trains making FWD cars become RWD, change wheel/tire width, wheel/tire diameter, incredible physics, intelligent AI, pick any color I want for my car, window tint color, paint my wheels any color I want, paint my calipers, 47 tracks, 12 different environments, leaderboards that automatically update after each race, sell cars online with other players, buy cars online with other players, turn collisions off or on, turn damage off or on, and much more. It also shows where your tires are wearing out instead of just showing green, yellow or red when they wear out. If you have too much camber you can tell by the tire wear. When you play online in Forza 2 it feels very rewarding since your car is extremly customized to what you like. Not just picking a car that only has stock colors and nothing else. Forza 2 is the best console sim I have played with WAY more options than any other game out there when it comes to customization.
 
Last edited:
Just thought I'd chip in with my own experiences, as I've been playing a LOT of Forza since it came out although I'm really a "GT person"... and there are a few things I noticed immediately:

Tuning:
GT5 tuning is, as in GT4, a bit hit and miss. For a lot of parameters I can't really tell what my adjustments will do.. the best I can do is assume and look for confirmation on track. We had a few big discussions about this over in the GT4 forums, and in my opinion a lot of those arguments also apply to GT5P.

Forza 2 IS better in this department in my opinion, as major changes to the tuning will have the expected major impact on handling and balance. The only places where Forza tuning fails a bit are in the Camber and Differential sections.

Physics and handling
This is where GT5P leaves Forza in the dust as far as I can tell, at least when it comes to RWD (FWD isn't quite as lopsided, but I won't go into that in the drifting subforum). I'm having a bit of a hard time describing the difference in words, but I certainly feel a lot more in control in GT5P, the grip limits are more subtle and the feedback is in a different league.

...which leads to the drifting itself. I'm a die-hard wheel user, but I'm not that mental about 900 vs 270 degree lock. I think GT5P offers a LOT more control, predictability and smoothness, and although it's easy to keep a car sideways in Forza (especially with the controller) it's near impossible to do smooth, constant countersteer drifts. In GT5P I feel it's much easier to be smooth and stay in control, possibly a bit too forgiving over the limit. I haven't played a lot of GT5P at all, but with the steering angle cranked up to 50 I find it almost impossible to spin out - especially on N type compounds.

I think the core of the issue is that Forza was designed for the controller, and GT5P was designed to work best with a wheel. In Forza 2 wheel compatibility was an afterthought, and the same might be said for controllers in GT5. I still think that Forza's tuning is vastly superior, though.

When comparing online functions I'd rather keep the players' mentality out of it... with private sessions that aspect isn't an issue anyway. With that in mind I think Forza's lobbies work pretty well indeed. I've yet to go online with my PS3 but from the testimonies I've heard, the online lobby system still leaves a bit to be desired.
 
Last edited:
Back