Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe​
bmw_m1_1980_ebay_images_001.jpg

1980-bmw-m1-rear.jpg

57_906.jpg

1980-bmw-m1_.jpg

81_BMW_M1_DV-07_BH_06.jpg

81_BMW_M1-DV-12-GCP-i01.jpg

Can't decide between cool or meh. Cool because it's a classic high-performance supercar, meh because it's kinda ugly.

Really like it. But uncool because it's the Delorean-meets-Lamborghini precursor to cockmobiles and it has a few too many exterior badges.

My bottoms feels cold, yep, I got wet. Again.

A flawless car by BMW. The M1. Great colors, great design, an interior that I truly admire. I love it.

Now since I voted this Sub-Zero, I wonder if we got the M1 Procar in here. Peopel would go like SUBRC but screw that theory. This, ladies and gentlemen, it's one example in the cool wall, racecar or not, it deserves to be cool. Permanently.

This, is german enginnering at it's best.

Cool. Birth of the M series. But I just don't like the looks.

Tough one. It is interesting and special.

On the other hand, it's still a flashy looking supercar.

But is it interesting enough to convince people you bought the car because you're an interesting person rather than a pompous douche?

Wonderful machine, it's just about not flashy enough to warrant chants of "W*nker!" at every junction or intersection.

Sub zero

Uber cool! This thing is so awsome. It's a not that kind of supercar that punches you in the face by being driven by questionable people.

Wonderful engineering and wonderful to look at. And when BMW wanted to race it they couldn't at the time and so created their own series which even cooler!

BMW; using Lamborghini (temporarily) to build a Mid engined German useable super-car 35 years before Audi did. Less roundels than a CSL. Built to race but arrived too late. Awesome sound. Not that pretty.

Sub-zero of course.

Oh look, a Bimmer!

It's not one of those you see from buisnessmen and stuff. It's just a BMW that needs love, dedication, and a big pair.

Like any other M.

Sub-Zero

This was and still is very different type of a supercar. Easier to use and more subtle looking option. I mean I like the way it looks, but I have a feeling that it wouldn't cause the same reaction for many people that aren't car enthusiasts as Lamborghini Countach or any other conventional supercar does.

Plus it was used as a rally car.
BMW M1 Rally.jpg
01.jpg
02.png

Cool.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I built and drove a BMW M1 at a 24-hour charity Scalextric race back in the 80s, thus making it and me sub-zero. :D

Back