GTP Exclusive • GT5 DLC Complete Pack > NEW VIDEOS IN 60fps/720p

• Thread starter amar212
  • 587 comments
Whats the point of new tracks with no new events championships? Seasonals dont cut it, they are mundane, lack imagination and are the same pass the pylons from behind. GT needs real races....

No new a-spec content no buy.

never heard of a game that releases new tracks but no new events, Shift, Forza, insert game here all had new events to race with new tracks... What is wrong with PD's decision makers?

SP will always be a major bread and butter of any major racing game and for good reason. GT5 fails in this area and needs to add more events, championships, manufacturer events, different laps, etc... most of the cars are not even used in game. Seasonals don't cut it.

Where are the different modes, even EA had rivals mode in Shift, Gt races are so boring, time for PD to step up. Even older gt games had qualifying, better events.

What crap are you on? Forza to date has released 2 tracks, one was road America in Forza 2 and Nurburgring in FM3, neither of which had any events on them, in fact they were relegated to use only online, offline you were busy using it in arcade and free run and time trial. Get your facts straight before you open your mouth.

How about you step out and go play something else, GT doesn't need rivals mode, which is a glorified leader board with auto message. Online is where GT5 is, everything will develop online hence why you see seasonals with changes every two weeks. I still have a list of seasonals I haven't even touched, not sure what you mean by boring, but GT has always been a snore to race the Ai...you have online which million were wanting and you here complaining about more offline events? Single player will not be the bread and butter of very many games anymore, especially games that allow multiplayer factor. Wonder why every system out is online capable? Sure isn't for singular play that much I can say. A racing game that is a single player game at heart, what kind of crap is that? Check your history, and you can see many Single player games have multiplayer option, multiplayer is the way forward. Single player will always be there but don't expect companies to sink money into something that isn't going to show them positive growth.

I'm sure that PD will give us some seasonal event to race in it and you can use the online mode too!Our GTClub-Italia has already organized an event to celebrate Spa in GT5:)

Seasonals are a joke....... Thats the problem. Always 5 races, strat from behind. Where is the 10 + lap races? Championships? Qualifying? Seasonals are not going to cut it.

Yeah my early preview is releasing a new track with no new content to race it is terrible.......

If you really hate it that much, then don't buy it...

What's the big deal?...

But wait, I know exactly what's up...

You just want to complain about it. If you were really as put off by it as you say you are, you'd have sold the game long ago. You'd be playing Forza or Shift which you just pointed out had the content that GT5 is missing. you'd also not even be on these forums, you be on Forza or Shift forums celebrating how much you hate GT5 and they'd mostly agree with you.

But that's not the case. As stated above, you just want to complain.

Well don't.

On topic, excellent videos and pics. (I don't mind if you film your screen as long as it's good quality, which it is.)

Can't wait to see videos of the kart tracks and maybe some more pics of the new cars.

Now some questions.
The pages on the official site said there was some amount of layouts that was larger than the number of tracks. Does this only mean change weather or what? What all layouts are there for all tracks?

Also, am I the only one who sees a similarity between the kart track layouts and the drift event courses from the original NFS: Underground? Perhaps these tracks will make for some nice drift events too.

What crap are you on? Forza to date has released 2 tracks, one was road America in Forza 2 and Nurburgring in FM3, neither of which had any events on them, in fact they were relegated to use only online, offline you were busy using it in arcade and free run and time trial. Get your facts straight before you open your mouth.

How about you step out and go play something else, GT doesn't need rivals mode, which is a glorified leader board with auto message. Online is where GT5 is, everything will develop online hence why you see seasonals with changes every two weeks. I still have a list of seasonals I haven't even touched, not sure what you mean by boring, but GT has always been a snore to race the Ai...you have online which million were wanting and you here complaining about more offline events? Single player will not be the bread and butter of very many games anymore, especially games that allow multiplayer factor. Wonder why every system out is online capable? Sure isn't for singular play that much I can say. A racing game that is a single player game at heart, what kind of crap is that? Check your history, and you can see many Single player games have multiplayer option, multiplayer is the way forward. Single player will always be there but don't expect companies to sink money into something that isn't going to show them positive growth.

every other Gt game has sold better then 5, none had online............... Every other Racing game has a big SP component and does just fine.......All i see are Excuses for PD.. Even Shift had a way bigger, more challenging offline mode.

Online that still doesn't have matchmaking, takes forever to find good rooms only for the host to kick you or change things constanty., no leaderboards..... Not exactly a good way to get people to play online. It often takes forever to just find a decent race, only for people to smash people off the track.

Online has always been overrated.

Sp is still the bread and butter of most games, See Skyrim, batman, Mass effect, Deus Ex, All have sold truck loads BTW. and on and on and on. Only FPS games are really dominated by online. Most other genres have as much if not more focus in SP.

I have been asking this many times and Im going to ask again...

Can the DLC cars be purchased on the dealership, so im able to own more than 1 copy of a car?!

Actually thinking about it.... If Amar now has all of this on his system, theoritically, he should be able to race online at Spa and have his friends join right now.....

Can you provide info on how this works for everybody else please Amar... ie. are your friends able to join the track in your lounge, even though they haven't unlocked Spa on their systems?

Amar is in the thread guys......

F5'ing waiting for the GTP God to give us some more info :P

f5.gif

excited%20copy.gif

My credit card is ready Kaz.

You just want to complain about it. If you were really as put off by it as you say you are, you'd have sold the game long ago. You'd be playing Forza or Shift which you just pointed out had the content that GT5 is missing. you'd also not even be on these forums, you be on Forza or Shift forums celebrating how much you hate GT5 and they'd mostly agree with you.

But that's not the case. As stated above, you just want to complain.

Well ain't that the God damn truth

I will not make a Kart Track footage, to leave it as a surprise. However, I have to say how Kart Arena looks stunning in 60 fps, with light effects, neon and lights in actual track that are dancing around while driving.
Ah, too bad. But I see your point. Judging by the pictures it looks awesome, even though I wasn't really excited about it at first. Might be a great track for some Kei-car racing.

Thank you either way!

Whats the point of new tracks with no new events championships? Seasonals dont cut it, they are mundane, lack imagination and are the same pass the pylons from behind. GT needs real races....

No new a-spec content no buy.

never heard of a game that releases new tracks but no new events, Shift, Forza, insert game here all had new events to race with new tracks... What is wrong with PD's decision makers?

SP will always be a major bread and butter of any major racing game and for good reason. GT5 fails in this area and needs to add more events, championships, manufacturer events, different laps, etc... most of the cars are not even used in game. Seasonals don't cut it.

Where are the different modes, even EA had rivals mode in Shift, Gt races are so boring, time for PD to step up. Even older gt games had qualifying, better events.

What is this I see? Another "new" poster doing nothing but posting complaints?

Not at GTPlanet!?

Wow, awesome photos Amar, just a bit of curiousity, mind seeing if the X2010 can drive on the kart track? :D

Didn't know this was a kiss PD's arse forum. it's a legitimate beef.

I noticed it is to you. Your 12 post nearly say the same thing.

See? The sign says don't feed the trolls, and I did it again. Someday I'll learn that those with low post counts are usually up to no good.:ouch:

No, DLC cars do not exist in the Dealership > same as Chrome or Stealth cars, they are just added to your garage for your usage. You can't *rebuy* them or have two.

Unbelievable. That's ridiculous. :banghead:

Tracks and cars looks amazing. I knew that all the content is already encripted in the game.(after the update 2.0) As the Stealth and Chrome line cars before.
I have no questions for you...

Unbelievable. :banghead:

The solution is to have an alternate account. You will get the cars on that account to. You can then share them online. Your main account can then use them for offline events without adding mileage.

Is it possible to re-download the cars and paints after we have redeemed the tickets and used the paints to get them again or can we only have of each car and one of each paint? I'm buying regardless, but it would be nice use the paints multiple times and have multiples of the cars for different colors, and if I would install parts on one of the cars that can't be removed. Spa looks amazing, and I can't wait until Tuesday to try it out. Thanks for sharing this preview with us!

I noticed it is to you. Your 12 post nearly say the same thing.

See? The sign says don't feed the trolls, and I did it again. Someday I'll learn that those with low post counts are usually up to no good.:ouch:

Like a moth drawn to flame.

Gran Turismo attracts the lovers and haters in equal measure.

Remember the famous Arab saying. ' No one kicks a dead horse'

Unbelievable. That's ridiculous. :banghead:

ya, i'm not thrilled about this either. this, coupled with the fact that i am not keen on race cars to begin with, means PD/Sony lost a few bucks in revenue from this guy. I'll still get the track pack, but likely a 'no thanks' to the other DLC.

The solution is to have an alternate account. You will get the cars on that account to. You can then share them online. Your main account can then use them for offline events without adding mileage.

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion. It really sucks we have to improvise by doing this. I knew they would do something dumb with the DLC. :indiff:

You guys that are worried about adding mileage to a car are nuts. This is a game. You want to change the color, use the paint chips. What is unbelievable is what people complain about.

I can't wait to get the DLC!

Back