GTP Exclusive • GT5 DLC Complete Pack > NEW VIDEOS IN 60fps/720p

• Thread starter amar212
  • 587 comments
Wow nice photos, This whole single use paint thing sounds like a real kick in the balls though as is the karts only at the kart track, Would have been fun with a little kei car :(, Somewhat of a letdown.

So the content is already on every-bodies machine with the spec 2 update.

So I'm guessing there is more stuff, more cars and tracks...and they will just announce them at a later date...all already in spec 2.

Have you told us how you got this DLC? Did you pay?

Whats the point of new tracks with no new events championships? Seasonals dont cut it, they are mundane, lack imagination and are the same pass the pylons from behind. GT needs real races....

(...)

SP will always be a major bread and butter of any major racing game and for good reason. GT5 fails in this area and needs to add more events, championships, manufacturer events, different laps, etc... most of the cars are not even used in game. Seasonals don't cut it.

Thats also my opinion... unfortunatly I was expecting more a-spec events with spec II or DLC events... a custom championship editor would be nice also... but Im buying the DLC to do what GT5 does best (unfortunatly) hotlaping...

Wait are people not going to by the car pack because if they do the cars will accumulate miles when they drive them? Or am I missing something that's actually a problem with the DLC?

Yeah, this kinda ruins the whole "Which other companies will give you a 1GB+ update for free after 10 months" argument strewn across most of these threads whenever someone speaks negatively of Spec 2.0.

Wait are people not going to by the car pack because if they do the cars will accumulate miles when they drive them? Or am I missing something that's actually a problem with the DLC?

Yes, there are very strange OCD collector folk who don't drive any cars, they just collect them all with the fabled 0 miles / 0 changes. Driving them would be terrible.

Why would you guys expect anything different? All paints in the game are one-use only, as are helmets and suits I believe.

But it wouldn't have hurt to be able to buy more of them in game as opposed to us having to buy them over and over and over again, Let me think how much would it cost to repaint all my RM and these new cars in a fluorescent yellow colour.

You guys that are worried about adding mileage to a car are nuts. This is a game. You want to change the color, use the paint chips. What is unbelievable is what people complain about.

I can't wait to get the DLC!

Its not adding mileage that worries me... its not being able to upgrade and tune it without being affraid of ruining the car and not being able to restore it to its default settings...

Haha. People wants to have 10 cars of each with different colours because they put more k or miles...haha They forget about this is a game still. (also i have to admit that i like to use the cars as they are but have other of the same tuned) But the colour thing is just incredible.

MuoNiuLa
Yeah, thanks for the suggestion. It really sucks we have to improvise by doing this. I knew they would do something dumb with the DLC. :indiff:
I have about 10 versions of each Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi R8, etc in my garage, each in different colors, different wheels, different aerodynamic parts. If PD ever releases DLC with cars I really like, I'd have to buy 10 times the same DLC. Is there anyone at PD who actually thinks things through before doing something?

Yes, there are very strange OCD collector folk who don't drive any cars, they just collect them all with the fabled 0 miles / 0 changes. Driving them would be terrible.

Haha. People wants to have 10 cars of each with different colours because they put more k or miles...haha They forget about this is a game still. (also i have to admit that i like to use the cars as they are but have other of the same tuned) But the colour thing is just incredible.
These people are silly. People are silly.

You guys that are worried about adding mileage to a car are nuts. This is a game. You want to change the color, use the paint chips. What is unbelievable is what people complain about.

I can't wait to get the DLC!

Wrong. Mileage is not the problem, at least for me. It would just be nice to have more than one of each car if I ever feel the need to, just like I can for literally 99% of the cars in the game. Also, this:

Its not adding mileage that worries me... its not being able to upgrade and tune it without being affraid of ruining the car and not being able to restore it to its default settings...

If these touring cars are anything like the RMs where you can add weight reduction, engine tuning, etc. then it's a bigger problem.

Last edited:
I also rather have them sitting in the dealership for me to buy the ones I want as many times as I want (and paint and tune and whatever I want) and keep the ones I dont want out of my garage...

Are you sure they arent in the PD or GT dealership????

Ugh. Bit bummed about some of the limitations of the Touring Cars and only Karts at Kart Space.. But whatever. the New cars and Spa will make some great pictures, seeing as that's all i'm really buying the DLC for is Pictures, i got the Collectors edition just for the extra cars for photomode :lol:

This cars should be unlocked directly to the dealership in that matter. But it is something exclusive too. As Stealth and Chrome Line cars. (i have them with the Signature Edition)And i feel no pain to put more miles on them but also i made no change to not ruin any. (i like the cars with the standard configurations-of course the race cars)
This is something that maybe has to change but remember you are paying for cars that are not in the game. (well those are just RM but...)
Could be all included in the game as many said that is true but come on...all games make this and most of them are crap. GT5 makes that any content worth the money.

For me, I was on the fence because this DLC is race cars and I rarely use race cars. The fact that I cannot re-buy them in the dealership made me fall off the fence.

If future DLC contains street cars, the fact that you cannot will not stop me from buying.

For me, I was on the fence because this DLC is race cars and I rarely use race cars. The fact that I cannot re-buy them in the dealership made me fall off the fence.

If future DLC contains street cars, the fact that you cannot will not stop me from buying.

Possibly and should be that way but if the upcoming car pack comes with road cars only, those must be included in the car dealership.

I'm a tad unhappy with only being able to have one of each DLC car, although I doubt I would've bought more than one of each anyway. Spa looks fantastic as expected and the kart track too. I'm hoping the paints and suits can be duped at least, if not, that's also a shame as I'd like to use some colours more than once.

Thanks a lot for the information, Amar!

These people are silly. People are silly.

In a racing game where you colect paint chips, museum cards, helmets, suits and God knows whatelse, you call people silly because they want to collect 0 miles cars... (or have a spare to race)

I could care less about paint chips, museum cards, helmets, suits and 0 miles cars but I respect the fact the some like to collect them you should do the same if you want to be respected back...

My only grip with one car per model is some upgrades cant be undone...

Just don't buy parts you can't take off.

Thanks for the advice but I had figure that much myself... though imagine that one of this cars with the chassis R upgrade handles beautifully - too bad we will never know

*As Matt Foley* Oh my freaking LORD!! lol Spa looks GORGEOUS! My only wish is that tracks like Zolder, Brands Hatch and other GT5:P weather/background locations are eventually re-created w/the same care and attention. I'M SO STOKED FOR TUESDAY, YEAH!

Amazing news! I read through all the pages too. :crazy:

Even though just having one is quote terrible, at least they don't invade your garage and now stay as tickets right? :)

Just don't buy parts you can't take off.

That means engine upgrades stage 1 - 3 and weight reduction stage 1 - 3.
Those are some of the most effective upgrades you can get. You should be allowed to apply them without fear of "ruining" the perfect design of a stock car. It's really not that hard to do, just make those upgrades reversible like everything else.

It's a gripe that I have on many occasions, it doesn't bother me as much as it does to some people, but I can fully see and agree with their arguments.

Likewise, the paints. If I can only buy them once and only use each of them once, that's no good. At least with all other paints I'm able to either duplicate them or acquire them in the game again. If it is confirmed that we'll be able to re-acquire these special paints through other means (seasonal events, log-in bonus, etc) then my concerns will be laid to rest on this matter.

I'm still gonna get all the DLC even if I don't want all of it. I was happy with GT5 when it came out, it's only improved since then and I'll support that with my money. :)

Latest Posts

Back