GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
It was a surprise for me how perfect the design of Interlagos is. The track on the game is very similar to the real thing. Even so, I like better, the old Interlagos track, it was more romantic. You don't have to worry, you guys are much better the me:bowdown:. I still have a lot to race to get to your level.:banghead:. Have you tried the Renault Clio Cup in PC2? I am in love with that little car, handles amazing on corners, just like the real thing. I suffered a lot until find the perfect setup but now is is pure fun. My shoulders are not appreciating very much this immersion on those 2 games, I just got a Tens like @Daduce1947 and use it all the time.:dopey:
Indeed my friend, the "TENS" is a wonderful addition to my pain management regime (along with the Salonpas patches) and like you I stick the little electrode patches on my shoulders one day, my neck the next day and on my lower back in between those days. I'm happy it works for you too! I've not been able to turn the power up beyond 3.5 without making my muscles go into "almost" violent contractions,, cannot imagine how anyone could turn it up much higher than 5!!

Ohh,, and so far I'm still sold on GTS over PCars2. In just a few more days we'll be able to unlock the whole game and I'm wondering just how much more exciting it can be. I'm VERY MUCH enjoying the entire experience learning to handle the default tuned cars and the new tracks.

Indeed my friend, the "TENS" is a wonderful addition to my pain management regime (along with the Salonpas patches) and like you I stick the little electrode patches on my shoulders one day, my neck the next day and on my lower back in between those days. I'm happy it works for you too! I've not been able to turn the power up beyond 3.5 without making my muscles go into "almost" violent contractions,, cannot imagine how anyone could turn it up much higher than 5!!

Ohh,, and so far I'm still sold on GTS over PCars2. In just a few more days we'll be able to unlock the whole game and I'm wondering just how much more exciting it can be. I'm VERY MUCH enjoying the entire experience learning to handle the default tuned cars and the new tracks.
I don't want to sound negative about gts, I'm more disappointed with the demo than angry at PD.
Imho they have screwed this up with all the artwork and history and fluff photography. I want just what they claim to be "you're racing simulator ". I just don't get it, with the budget they have and time Sony gives them this is what they give us to replace gt6. I thought I had the new need for speed yesterday in the daily races and who thought it was a good idea to teleport me back on track before I could put it in reverse.
I do like the daily races, I hope SMS copies them on that it's a good replacement for the QM's.
Sorry rant over.

I do the same, but I put mine in 6 and is ok. I am doing it as i type right now. That was a good geezer tip. :) today i run a few quick matches. The way its set is much better then in the GT6. The matches are scheduled in a table time and you have to qualify. In the race if you play dirty you get a penalty that you can decide if you will take during the race or have a discount on your total time. I do agree with @Jab1362 that the game looks like need for speed some times but i am enjoining it so far. Lets see what is coming for us. I already pre-ordered it. Just hope for the best.

Last edited:
Just posted a video of the GTSport Quick Match. I did not edit it but now, with the PS4 is much simpler to post videos. You don't need any other thing besides the console. Check it out, now everyone can post videos of our races. We could open a specific account so everyone could post his preferred videos and share with other. Here is the link. As its not edited, the race stars at 1:15.

GEEZER RESULTS FOR 10/4 SEASONALS

Skyline @ Autunm Ring - Geezer Podium: 1. wolf-dieter_GTRP 1.17.263 2. nordschleife1951 1.17.949 3.stewyripper 1.19.071
Geezer Top 10: mots63, dlone47, RAYCELYNE, bgeezah, daduce1947, TheGodfather53, legger27
26 of 30 Geezers got GOLD

600PP @ Laguna Seca - Geezer Podium: 1. dlone47 1.15.582 2. bgeezah 1.16.504 3. wolf-dieter_GTRP 1.16.522
Geezer Top 10: nordschleife1951, legger27, RAYCELYNE, mots63, pepper_mallard, SterlingMoose, bobby2227
28 of 29 Geezers got GOLD

GEEZERS ROCK :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 👍 👍

GO to pretendracecars.net and read his review of gts. I'm glad I tried the demo, some things I like but I don't think I will buy it right now.
Wow - pretty devastating review. Some of which I tend to agree with - I have no use for the Tokyo expressway race, like racing in a drain pipe.
GO to pretendracecars.net and read his review of gts. I'm glad I tried the demo, some things I like but I don't think I will buy it right now.
He seems to like very little with GTS. He does bring up valid points about Tokyo (like racing in a drain pipe), Too much time spent on photos and other fluff. The FFB is too high. I have it at 1 and see no reason to have FFB that strong at the lowest setting. The issues of having a "go to" car in each class will make racing much the same as GT6, when it comes to choosing a car for an event. Hopefully they can fix some of the more important issues in the coming months.

Last edited:
Wow - pretty devastating review. Some of which I tend to agree with - I have no use for the Tokyo expressway race, like racing in a drain pipe.

He seems to like very little with GTS. He does bring up valid points about Tokyo (like racing in a drain pipe), Too much time spent on photos and other fluff. The FFB is too high. I have it at 1 and see not reason to have FFB that strong at the lowest setting. The issues of having a "go to" car in each class will make racing much the same as GT6, when it comes to choosing a car for an event. Hopefully they can fix some of the more important issues in the coming months.

I have to tell you, that race yesterday with that group car (i was using the Focus) was terrible. How can a car behave like that on a track? If that was my first race in GTS I would be very disapointed.

He seems to like very little with GTS. He does bring up valid points about Tokyo (like racing in a drain pipe), Too much time spent on photos and other fluff. The FFB is too high. I have it at 1 and see not reason to have FFB that strong at the lowest setting. The issues of having a "go to" car in each class will make racing much the same as GT6, when it comes to choosing a car for an event. Hopefully they can fix some of the more important issues in the coming months.
He has review up on his blog today about GTS. Pretty harsh on the balance of power issue.
Apparently the Bugatti race car is six seconds a lap faster than the Porsche 919. The GTR GT3 car is two seconds faster than any other GT3 car too. Hopefully they will fix the game with a day one patch.

@Daduce1947 take a look at this thread. Maybe we can give our shoulders a little rest some time. I tried and liked it. Its not the same as the wheel but it works.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-control-steering.361602/page-2#post-11987566

Thanks Luiz, :) I looked through that thread but it seems they're talking about using the controller instead of the wheel,:odd:, something I'm not interested in. I'd rather press on playing the driving games with my wheel :boggled: and deal with aches and pains as usual 👍👍

Thanks Eric for sharing this link :bowdown:,, I hadn't yet tried to find our GTS Geezer club but this saves us time. :cheers: Also, I have posted this on our GTS Geezer club board but am posting it here also. I found the information VERY helpful 👍👍 and can hardly wait to put the lessons to use when the game goes live in just a few more hours.

Great, now we can have our own teams colors...

Regarding the party communication I propose the following: We have a full party room and a partial party room organized. The rooms are reserved for race participants only. After each race the top person in each room swap rooms. Their names drop to the bottom of the room they swap to. That gives us a rotation method allowing for each racer to be in the main room as well as information being shared in each room can be passed on to the other room.

Back