GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
Thanks for your help @Stewyripper ! Clearly I am in need of a good headset. Any suggestions from anyone on that, I am all ears - actually I appear to be quite deaf:banghead: Thanks to all for the welcome and I'm looking forward to it.:cheers:

Turtle Beach are the cats meow!!
For around $60 the P11 is excellent. http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/ps3-headsets/ear-force-p11/46

Check with your BestBuy or WalMart for their pricing. Ordering through Amazon.com is also a good option and they can get them to you pretty quickly. Just my $0.02 :cheers:

Welcome to tha GEEZERS GTFireball 👍 (did Fireball Roberts have anything to do with your choice of a GT handle? :) 👍) I will send you an FR bud. We usually race in one of the GEEZER Club private lobbys in the "Community" found on your My Home page as you enter the game. I have sent you a private message on your profile with more specific info.

Thank you @Daduce1947 ! Mr. Roberts had everything to do with it:tup: Thanks also for the PM.

Turtle Beach are the cats meow!!
For around $60 the P11 is excellent. http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/ps3-headsets/ear-force-p11/46

Check with your BestBuy or WalMart for their pricing. Ordering through Amazon.com is also a good option and they can get them to you pretty quickly. Just my $0.02 :cheers:

Will do and thanks!. I have heard others say good things about Turtle Beach.

A Sunday morning read for you old geezers whilst you warm up your engines.....:lol:

An old geezer, who had been a retired farmer for a long time, became very bored and decided to open a medical clinic. He put a sign up outside that said:Dr. Geezer's clinic. "Get your treatment for $500, if not cured get back $1,000."

Doctor "Young," who was positive that this old geezer didn't know beans about medicine, thought this would be a great opportunity to get $1,000.

So he went to Dr. Geezer's clinic.

This is what transpired.

Dr. Young: --- "Dr. Geezer, I have lost all taste in my mouth." can you please help me ??
Dr. Geezer: --- "Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in Dr. Young's mouth."

Dr. Young: --- Aaagh !! -- "This is Gasoline!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You've got your taste back. That will be $500."

Dr. Young gets annoyed and goes back after a couple of days figuring to recover his money.

Dr Young: "I have lost my memory, I cannot remember anything."

Dr. Geezer: "Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in the patient's mouth."

Doctor Young: "Oh no you don't, -- that is Gasoline!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You've got your memory back. That will be $500."

Dr. Young (after having lost $1000) leaves angrily and comes back after several more days.

Dr. Young: "My eyesight has become weak --- I can hardly see !!!!

Dr. Geezer: "Well, I don't have any medicine for that so -- " Here's your $1000 back."

Dr. Young: "But this is only $500..."

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You got your vision back! That will be $500."

Moral of story -- Just because you're "Young" doesn't mean that you can outsmart an old "Geezer " !!!!
.........................................................................................................................................

I hope the young folk don't take offence....:nervous:

A Sunday morning read for you old geezers whilst you warm up your engines.....:lol:

An old geezer, who had been a retired farmer for a long time, became very bored and decided to open a medical clinic. He put a sign up outside that said:Dr. Geezer's clinic. "Get your treatment for $500, if not cured get back $1,000."

Doctor "Young," who was positive that this old geezer didn't know beans about medicine, thought this would be a great opportunity to get $1,000.

So he went to Dr. Geezer's clinic.

This is what transpired.

Dr. Young: --- "Dr. Geezer, I have lost all taste in my mouth." can you please help me ??
Dr. Geezer: --- "Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in Dr. Young's mouth."

Dr. Young: --- Aaagh !! -- "This is Gasoline!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You've got your taste back. That will be $500."

Dr. Young gets annoyed and goes back after a couple of days figuring to recover his money.

Dr Young: "I have lost my memory, I cannot remember anything."

Dr. Geezer: "Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in the patient's mouth."

Doctor Young: "Oh no you don't, -- that is Gasoline!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You've got your memory back. That will be $500."

Dr. Young (after having lost $1000) leaves angrily and comes back after several more days.

Dr. Young: "My eyesight has become weak --- I can hardly see !!!!

Dr. Geezer: "Well, I don't have any medicine for that so -- " Here's your $1000 back."

Dr. Young: "But this is only $500..."

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You got your vision back! That will be $500."

Moral of story -- Just because you're "Young" doesn't mean that you can outsmart an old "Geezer " !!!!
.........................................................................................................................................

I hope the young folk don't take offence....:nervous:

ROTFMAO!! I think I know that Dr.!! LOL

@possum , after a few tries my Jag got the job done, but have to drive it like an Italian

Driving like an Italian is appropriate! My suggestion is from Italy, yet it's right hand drive with the stick falling to the right hand. It is so proud of its small pots that it proclaims their size in its name.

This ride seems to love Mid-Field.

Thanks @Stewyripper for creating & ALL participants for another FUN FILLED Saturday at the races. :cheers::cheers:

Can't wait for the conclusion of the Wacky race at GT Arena next week. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Geezers & Friends ROCK :gtpflag:
An absolutely great time yesterday. I was curious why every time I looked up there were 2 or 3 "opposites" heading my way while my "right way" team was getting pounded at the same time. I found out why that was happening when I looked at the replay this morning. At some point we lost Duce so the numbers were 5 opposites to 3. We vehemently protest this race result!

Thanks for your help @Stewyripper ! Clearly I am in need of a good headset. Any suggestions from anyone on that, I am all ears - actually I appear to be quite deaf:banghead: Thanks to all for the welcome and I'm looking forward to it.:cheers:
I posted this last November. It's been updated. I hope it helps:

I had a Turtle Beach wired Surround Sound headset and loved it, but the cats ate the fine cord to the headset. The sound came from the optical port in the back of the PS3.

I got a Sony Pulse Elite wireless and found out later that it was "Simulated" Surround Sound. The cats stole the USB Bluetooth transmitter and I've been unable to find it. (We foster kittens for the local "no kill" adoption center so I have limited control over them.) The controls were hard to feel when on your head and hard to get use to. It was nice and had a high quality feel but the headband was hard on the top of my head (and I have lots of hair for a Geezer).

I just got a wireless Turtle Beach Stealth 500P. "7.1 DTS Surround Sound" It's light weight and cheaper feeling than the Sony but the sound and controls are much better. I tried a car with stock exhaust (so I could hear the other cars) on the Daytona Seasonal and played with the cars around me. I could really tell if there was a car behind me on the left or right rear. This also worked on a "first person shooter" game I play. I can hear someone coming up behind me and which side he's on. There is a slight hum/buzz when there is no sound broadcasting to the headset but once game sounds start, it goes away. I'm still happy with it but there is some new stuff out now that may be better and cheaper.

IMPORTANT: I found out unless the headset uses the Optical Output from the rear of the PS3, it is not true "Surround Sound". Surround Sound doesn't come from the USB.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Ok Geezers and nursie {no not nessie}, good day yesterday much fun had by all.
Well next weekend the first event will be one make stock setup in the rain at Brands Hatch.
The car is the Caterham 7 Fireblade. There is test track setup for you in geezer racing, all i can say is throttle control here will be king.
Enjoy.
will post second and third race and cars when i have sorted them out.
2nd event will be the TVR speed 12 at silverstone International 15 laps ,stock setup and it will not rain.
Final event will be the caterham again in the dry at a secret track.
Silly car will be the Daihatsu 2nd leg, hope this helps you.
Time permitting there may be another silly event. shame we cant use comfort softs on the veyron in the snow. hahaha
[manic laugh]:):):)

Last edited:
I posted this last November. It's been updated. I hope it helps:

I had a Turtle Beach wired Surround Sound headset and loved it, but the cats ate the fine cord to the headset. The sound came from the optical port in the back of the PS3.

I got a Sony Pulse Elite wireless and found out later that it was "Simulated" Surround Sound. The cats stole the USB Bluetooth transmitter and I've been unable to find it. (We foster kittens for the local "no kill" adoption center so I have limited control over them.) The controls were hard to feel when on your head and hard to get use to. It was nice and had a high quality feel but the headband was hard on the top of my head (and I have lots of hair for a Geezer).

I just got a wireless Turtle Beach Stealth 500P. "7.1 DTS Surround Sound" It's light weight and cheaper feeling than the Sony but the sound and controls are much better. I tried a car with stock exhaust (so I could hear the other cars) on the Daytona Seasonal and played with the cars around me. I could really tell if there was a car behind me on the left or right rear. This also worked on a "first person shooter" game I play. I can hear someone coming up behind me and which side he's on. There is a slight hum/buzz when there is no sound broadcasting to the headset but once game sounds start, it goes away. I'm still happy with it but there is some new stuff out now that may be better and cheaper.

IMPORTANT: I found out unless the headset uses the Optical Output from the rear of the PS3, it is not true "Surround Sound". Surround Sound doesn't come from the USB.

I hope this helps.

:lol: Pesky cats :sly:

Thanks much for sharing this again - most helpful!

Thank you, Stewy for hosting and all the geezers for allowing me to race with you, had fun racing and got in an arm workout with the Daihatsu event, lol. I even managed to get in a pit stop during that 'race', :sly:. Also, thank you for the restart at Laguna, I can multitask with the best of them but, driving with a phone in my ear and the TV muted was something I couldn't pull off, lol.

I think Stewy has keys to my garage because he has again picked cars I don't even own :eek:.

I posted setups for the Ferrari 330 and the Dodge Challenger for use in the historic mid-field seasonal, nothing special but they are will should be good for a win.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...mid-field-raceway.326590/page-6#post-10610325

My Logitech headset's (X540, I think) battery is getting weaker and weaker, used to last about 5 hours and now I'm lucky if lasts 2. Found a deal on Amazon for the Turtle Beach Earforce PX51 Wireless. I'm heartily impressed with the game sound reproductions and haven't bothered to "tweak" any of the settings. The connection setup is kinda weird in that the game sound runs over an optic cable from PS3 to headset transceiver, which is also "paired" I presume via bluetooth signal to the headset. There is also a USB connection made between the transceiver and the PS3 and you must also "pair" it with the Playstation's bluetooth. According the instructions, you can also have it paired with your smartphone simultaneously with the PS3. It has separate volume controls for mic/chat audio and game sounds and if what I've researched so far is tweakable seven ways to Sunday. In order to tweak it however, you have to download some software from TB to your PC, hook the headset up with a data cable provided to the PC and tweak to your ear's desire. I've had the set a week, charged it once and have yet to recharge it. Turtle Beach states the headset has a 15 hour battery life. I have yet to drain that first charge. Overall I'm happy with the deal, especially since the set usually retails for $230.00+ and I got it for $132.00.

The range on the TBs is quite a bit less than the Logitech set.

Geezers and geezess the final event at Gran Turismo arena the grid will be as follows going the correct way round.
whoosier/ old boy/ old geezer/ sw10/ papagnr/ stewy. the time to beat is 20.53.
the rest of the field go the opposite way round and good luck to you. :):):)

Following SW10's comments after the race regarding his side being the same colour will you all be in Pink? :confused: :D and that being the case what colour do the rest of us fancy going to the ball in? :confused: :lol:

Suggestions please. :cheers:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Thank you, Stewy for hosting and all the geezers for allowing me to race with you, had fun racing and got in an arm workout with the Daihatsu event, lol. I even managed to get in a pit stop during that 'race', :sly:. Also, thank you for the restart at Laguna, I can multitask with the best of them but, driving with a phone in my ear and the TV muted was something I couldn't pull off, lol.

I think Stewy has keys to my garage because he has again picked cars I don't even own :eek:.

I posted setups for the Ferrari 330 and the Dodge Challenger for use in the historic mid-field seasonal, nothing special but they are will should be good for a win.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...mid-field-raceway.326590/page-6#post-10610325

Echoing PaPa's TY for those video's and especially the tunes WhoosierGirl! :cheers: The Ferrari blows around the AI like it's on rails,, ran the event 3 times with that car and finished no less than 8 seconds ahead of the 2J. Fun, EZ credits using the Ferrari! 👍👍 It took me a couple days to get around them in the Jaguar but got 'er done before trying your help with these 2 cars (Ferrari330 / Challenger).

WRT the Challenger - now THAT'S a horse of a different color!! Your setup indeed helps the car drive like a dream but before seeing and trying your tuning pearls of wisdom there was NO WAY I could keep it in contention,, NO WAY in H*LL! EVEN THO it is as you say, one tail happy rascal, thanks to your tune it's a (somewhat) controllable rascal. So far, using your tune the best I've done is a solid 3rd but I know somehow, driving a better, more aggressive and fearless race I WILL whup up 'em too! I'm NOT gonna give up!! If I could ONLY drive somewhere near the same hemisphere as you I could bust those 2J's and Toyota 7's,, but it won't happen easily!

I've watched, studied (and ENVIED!:bowdown:) you driving the Challenger and opening that can of WhoosierGirl "WHUP-BUTT" to blow the AI out of the water no less than 5 times,, trying to decipher HOW you held that beast on the track but haven't been able to come anywhere near duplicating a similar lap - YET. But you've proven on video and photos, in the right hands both the Challenger AND the little 302 '69 Z28 Camaro are capable of showing those 2J's, 2D's and Toy 7's where tha door is!! Again, TY WhoosierGirl for some fantastic fun!

Thank you! I spent Friday evening changing oil and washing cars (after scrounging around to find all the keys) and parking them all in the " ready garage" to get ready for Saturday. ( Thanks to WG for the idea of moving them all into "favorites" ahead of time!)

This is such a plainly good idea it's no wonder it never occurred to me. I stick cars I like in favorites and then never click on favorites:dunce::lol::lol:

For some reason I can't get into either practice room. I get to the point where it shows me as "entered," but that's it. What am I doing wrong?

I've set up a practice room for Stewy's event in my club section. Fuel & tire wear on normal because Stewy tried it & shredded his tires in 2 laps on very fast setting. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you're a member of a club & have registered to an event, you have to create a room for that event by clicking on the blue globe on right hand side. If someone already has a room open, join in. Hope that helps @matilda1234 ?

OK, thanks @PapaGnr 👍

Stewy, Last week your 2PM translated to 10AM Eastern (post # 1771), today is translates to 9AM. Did you have some sort of time change in England or am I screwed up?

BTW: This is a phenomenon known as DST (Daylight Saving Time).
And that again is called an "Oxymoron" (you might wish to Google the latter).:D

OK, having acquired a headset, my wife has reminded me that we will be road tripping to my brother-in-law's 50th birthday gathering this weekend, so I will miss the races. However, this does give me time to try to get used to the godawful sound of my own voice coming through the headset.:irked: Happy motoring all.:cheers:

@GBO Possum that is a terrific car.

Find that mute button.

What set did you get?

Find that mute button.

What set did you get?

:lol:

TB P11. There is a mute button and a chat volume dial, both of which I assumed would spare others from the horror as well. I don't think the "mic monitor" feature is adjustable on this model.

Edit: To be clear, the headset is great, turns out I just don't like the sound of my own voice:yuck:

Last edited:
Close! Correct marque, however it has 12 pots. And it's expensive. And can't be painted. I bought it on @WhoosierGirl's recommendation.

ixUvCzgxe6kCCMiH3_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back