GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
That's me in the middle!

21.jpg

I bought one of these for top speed racing at the XTrack. It will run!! Haven't looked for a road courses tune but I will now!
OK, I got the Auto Union Streamliner and it is fast, BUT I can't get it to turn! I tried tuning it but it doesn't want to turn. Has anyone had any luck tuning it? It is true to the information on it. Few drivers could handle it. :nervous:

OK, I got the Auto Union Streamliner and it is fast, BUT I can't get it to turn! I tried tuning it but it doesn't want to turn. Has anyone had any luck tuning it? It is true to the information on it. Few drivers could handle it. :nervous:

Same here...
Bought the thing just out of curiosity, wanted to drive it on Midfield, but just couldn't even get it through turn 1 ! :banghead:
Didn't find a tune yet, unfortunately not even Praiano has one!
So I put it back into the garage until further notice of tunes...
If anybody finds one somewhere... please let us lesser mortals know!
Thanks!

If anybody finds one somewhere... please let us lesser mortals know!
Thanks!

For the geezer Audi:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...s-garage-new-tune.323633/page-2#post-10493187
I havn't come close to mastering this yet but this tune has been around for a bit and I've played with it for awhile...

...it tends to spin like a top for me... the opposite of struggling to get it to turn. So I've been working with the ballast location and found if I move it in the opposite direction (-37, thereabouts) it is getting much easier for me. I don't know, though, if that's just my (probably poor) driving style.

Last edited:
Geezers this weeks events are as follows.
Event 1 15 laps Brands Hatch, very wet, Caterham 7, stock only free tyre choice.
Event 2 Tvr Cerbera, 15 laps, Silverstone National, stock, free tyre choice, dry.
Event 3 15 laps secret track Caterham 7, dry, stock, free tyre choice.
Event 4 Daihatsu midjet fully tuned Gran Turismo Arena, Stewyripper, whoosiergirl, oldboy,oldgeezer. sw10 and papagnr
will be going the correct way round trying to beat 20.53 {easy} :):):)

Last edited:

As far as I can see, this beast was designed with top speed as its only goal.

In the article below, there is mention of performance on a track which might remind you of certain GT tracks.

The Type C was created to compete at the Avusrennen, which was one of the fastest races in the world. A bit of a crazy track by today's standards, it was basically two six mile-long straightaways, with tight hairpin turns at each end, one of which was steeply banked.

http://jalopnik.com/the-sleek-streamliners-that-broke-records-and-served-ev-1538151482

Advanced warning for the following week's events.
Tracks will be Fuji speedway, 10 laps.
Spa Francorchamps, 8 laps.
and Indianapolis road course 10 laps
It will be a stock event with a choice of eight cars. You pick one and use it for all events.
cars as follows.
1 vauxhall Calibra super touring car 94
2 Mitsubishi FTO super touring car
3 Vauxhall Astra super touring car
4 Audi A4 touring car 04
5 Subaru Impreza touring car
6 Mazda 6 touring car
7 Camaro ss touring car 10
8 Nissan gtr r35 touring car

So practice events will be setup today.
silly car not yet decided suggestions please, only requirements are fully tuned but still ca'nt pull the skin off a rice pudding. don't forget no rules. :nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/audi-auto-union-v16-type-c-streamline-37.310506/
This is a tune from Thorin Cain 'little duckpond under the mountain ' it's still a hard car to drive , maybe a start for someone.

Tried that SetUp, but... no way to make the darn Thing turn!

As far as I can see, this beast was designed with top speed as its only goal.

In the article below, there is mention of performance on a track which might remind you of certain GT tracks.

The Type C was created to compete at the Avusrennen, which was one of the fastest races in the world. A bit of a crazy track by today's standards, it was basically two six mile-long straightaways, with tight hairpin turns at each end, one of which was steeply banked.

http://jalopnik.com/the-sleek-streamliners-that-broke-records-and-served-ev-1538151482

That's a good explanation for why the thing behaves like it does.
It MAY be quick on long straights, but bends or turns? :banghead:
Not my car (at least not on this track). Maybe it's good for some purpose in one of those American Noodle-Pot races?

Mid-Field Raceway.jpg

OK now that I've distracted everyone with the Auto Union Streamliner, I've got another distraction.

Just for fun; I bet a lot of us Geezers have had an old VW, probably a Type I.

I tried to recreate mine, a Bahama Blue '67. (not my choice of color but it was a good used car deal)
I added:
Wider chrome wheels
1600 dual port engine
Holly Bugspray 2 barrel carb
Extractor exhaust with glasspack muffler
Close ratio transaxle
Big sway bars front and rear
I suspect it was pushing 90 hp and it would run 85+ mph on the flat and level with no wind.

So I tried Arcade Mode, Single player, Single race, Circuito de la Sierra, Difficulty Professional. One lap will be 15 minutes so you probably wont want to try 2 laps.
Comfort Soft tires
Standard transmission to keep the 4 speed
Fully Custom Suspension so I could add sway bars but no other adjustments
All Power mods but no turbo got it to 91 hp and the top speed was 88-89 mph
No ABS or anything

MAN, DID THAT BRING BACK MEMORIES! :)

Seemed very realistic. High speed sweepers were scary. Slipstream anything you can. Down shift to 3rd to climb hills. Yup, that's the way it was.

View attachment 349266

OK now that I've distracted everyone with the Auto Union Streamliner, I've got another distraction.

Just for fun; I bet a lot of us Geezers have had an old VW, probably a Type I.

I tried to recreate mine, a Bahama Blue '67. (not my choice of color but it was a good used car deal)
I added:
Wider chrome wheels
1600 dual port engine
Holly Bugspray 2 barrel carb
Extractor exhaust with glasspack muffler
Close ratio transaxle
Big sway bars front and rear
I suspect it was pushing 90 hp and it would run 85+ mph on the flat and level with no wind.

So I tried Arcade Mode, Single player, Single race, Circuito de la Sierra, Difficulty Professional. One lap will be 15 minutes so you probably wont want to try 2 laps.
Comfort Soft tires
Standard transmission to keep the 4 speed
Fully Custom Suspension so I could add sway bars but no other adjustments
All Power mods but no turbo got it to 91 hp and the top speed was 88-89 mph
No ABS or anything

MAN, DID THAT BRING BACK MEMORIES! :)

Seemed very realistic. High speed sweepers were scary. Slipstream anything you can. Down shift to 3rd to climb hills. Yup, that's the way it was.

Thanks for the distraction to a trip down memory lane!

This VW story takes me back to 1963 at Mount Panorama when the V-Dubs and Minis battled it out in Class "A" of the Armstrong 500 race. It was a 500 mile race for series production cars, with the cars classed by price. Very few mods were allowed, although "blueprinting" was common, where the specs were taken to the most advantageous end of the tolerance range.

There was fierce fan enthusiasm for both Minis and VWs, fueled in part by the diametrically opposite design decisions made in these cars. Air/water cooling. Front/Rear drive. Front/Rear engine. Front/Rear weight bias.

VW1963b.jpg

The above photo is from http://www.clubvw.org.au/history003

As a Mini 850 owner, I was disappointed when the leading Mini lost the race by falling over and rolling on Murray's on the last lap. A quick recovery however gave the Mini second place.

The link above gives a account of a great racing day for VW and a memorably exciting battle against the Minis:-

Bob Jane in a Cortina GT won the event, but everyone remembers the all-day duel between Barry Ferguson / Bill Ford in the VW and Don Holland / Lindsay Little in the Mini 850. The lead changes dozens of times.

Finally on the last lap the Mini overturned at Murray’s Corner, and the VW went on to win Class A (and 19th overall) with 116 laps completed.

The VW of George Reynolds / Jim McKeown finished 3rd behind the righted Mini; the VW of Art Andrews / Rocky Tresise was 4th, and the VW of Greg Mackie / Graham White was 5th. The Frank Hann / Graham Forrest VW was 8th in class.

All VWs finished, while five Minis (four of them Coopers in Class B) expired.

I'm with you @GTFireball. Buying this car, that some of my friends have tried & deemed "rubbish", to win a can of paint, is not worth it. Pass on this 1.

True, although the counter is that it's only (not) money and we're rolling in it.:lol:

Depends on which color is in the can :)

GT Polarized Pink perhaps?:dopey:

I have until Monday to decide, good luck to all with the Brands Hatch tsunami...and the TVR for that matter. I plan an appearance at the touring car championship - key word being appearance.:P

Last edited:
It's definitely not PINK. :grumpy: Some sort of Gunmetal, which I probably already have. :(

Re pink. Should we have pink vs black for our Midget silly race ? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hope we have a good turnout. :gtpflag:

I'll second that @PapaGnr 👍 ......... Black it is then. :lol: :lol: :cheers:

I'm with you @GTFireball. Buying this car, that some of my friends have tried & deemed "rubbish", to win a can of paint, is not worth it. Pass on this 1.

Again, I'm with you, I shan't be wasting my money on a 'shed'. :crazy: :crazy: :cheers:

GEEZER TT RESULTS 4/15

American Non Race Car @ London - Geezer Podium: nordschleife1951 54.364 #101 ITW, Top 0.09%
GTsail2 54.585 #173 ITW, Top 0.16%
JotaFDuarte 54.642 #193 ITW, Top 0.18%
Geezer Top 10 - stewyripper, Fanapryde, bobby2227, dlone47, pepper_mallard, daduce1947, matilda1234
5 Geezers in Top 500
10 Geezers in Top 1000, Top 0.92%
38 of 39 Geezers got GOLD

Ferrari F40 @ Apricot Hill - Geezer Podium: nordschleife1951 1.25.423, #92 ITW, Top 0.11%
JotaFDuarte 1.26.247, #246 ITW, Top 0.29%
GTsail2 1.26.363, #294 ITW, Top 0.34%
Geezer Top 10 - matilda1234, bobby2227, nosoks, Fanapryde, mots63, daduce1947, stewyripper
5 Geezers in Top 500
9 Geezers in Top 1000, Top 1.2%
31 of 35 Geezers got GOLD

Alpine VGT @ Rome
- Geezer Podium: JotaFDuarte 1.05.187, #553 ITW, Top 0.19%
nordschleife1951 1.05.428, #909 ITW, Top 0.31%
GTsail2 1.05.517, #1095 ITW, Top 0.38%
Geezer Top 10 - mots63, dlone47, daduce1947, bobby2227, pepper_mallard, Fanapryde, stewyripper
5 Geezers in Top 1500
7 Geezers in Top 2000, Top 0.64%
36 of 46 Geezers got GOLD

Alpine Race VGT @ MidField - Geezer Podium: pepper_mallard 1.04.339, #496 ITW, Top 0.17%
JotaFDuarte 1.04.339, #545 ITW, Top 0.18%
GTsail2 1.04.849, #1321 ITW, Top 0.45%
Geezer Top 10 - mots63, daduce1947, PWiink, dlone47, matilda1234, MastrGT, stewyripper
39 of 48 Geezers got GOLD

Lexus VGT @ Fuji - Geezer Podium: JotaFDuarte 1.30.516, #559 ITW, Top 0.18%
nordschleife1951 1.31.306, #1888 ITW, Top 0.63%
mots63 1.31.396, #2200 ITW, Top 0.73%
Geezer Top 10 - daduce1947, bobby2227, dlone47, WheelerTurner, Fanapryde, stewyripper, Qship
4 Geezers in Top 3000, Top 1.0%
39 of 46 Geezers got GOLD

Geezers Rock :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 👍 👍

Stewyripper said
Advanced warning for the following week's events.
Tracks will be Fuji speedway, 10 laps.
Spa Francorchamps, 8 laps.
and Indianapolis road course 10 laps
It will be a stock event with a choice of eight cars. You pick one and use it for all events.
cars as follows.
1 vauxhall Calibra super touring car 94
2 Mitsubishi FTO super touring car
3 Vauxhall Astra super touring car
4 Audi A4 touring car 04
5 Subaru Impreza touring car
6 Mazda 6 touring car
7 Camaro ss touring car 10
Nissan gtr r35 touring car, car withdrawn due to a 5 second advantage per lap
8 Mazda rx7 touring car replaces the Nissan

Sorry for any inconvenience caused {not really}

Last edited: