GTP GT5 Photomode FAQ & Tutorial Depot - Answers to questions here!

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 391 comments
I don't know if this has been asked or even found out for that matter, but if you look in the GT Apex book theres a picture taken in photomode of a Lexus IS350 Race Car in a wind tunnel. Anyone by chance seen this picture? Its on page 187 under the photomode section. I'd really like to know so I can get this location. Also theres a picture with the SLS AMG with the gull wing doors open. Page 182.

Which version of the game is the location list taken from? The names in my (UK PAL) copy are different. I've got "Ahrweiler - Street", "Ahrweiler - Gate" and "Siena - Piazza del Campo" among others.

Yeah, I've been meaning to fix that; it's from pre-release days. Going to add in how other locations are unlocked as well, to make it easier for folks 👍

(EDIT) Updated, though I can't remember for certain if Lucerne is the first, or last, unlocked Grand Tour location.

Last edited:
I was really hoping to have more travel mode locations, the lighting in some is atrocious and Lucerne is pretty much useless, you can only really do 2 different photos and the rest are on that stupid bridge where you can't even see the car.

Hopefully no-one else has done this yet, but i noticed a lack of link in the first post, so;

How-to guide for uploading and posting Photobucket pics onto GTP (the almost excessively detailed guide).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click on Organise and then Create Album.
photoshopHT-newalbm.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now create a name for your album and click Add Album.
photoshopHT-addalbm.jpg

Your new album is now in place!
photoshopHT-selectalbm.jpg

Next, click on the Upload Now button on the top menu bar.
photoshopHT-upload1.jpg

Click on the Upload To drop down menu, and then select the album you just created. Then click on Select Photos and Videos.
photoshopHT-uploadpics1.jpg

Select one or more images to upload, then click Open.
photoshopHT-selectpics.jpg

Pics uploaded! Now you can either continue on to your album;
photoshopHT-uploaddone.jpg

Or scroll down the page and edit the information in the pictures before saving them.
photoshopHT-editpics.jpg

Now in your album, hover over any picture and a box should pop up with information in it (which you can add to/remove in settings). Click in either the thumbnailed link box or the full sized pic box and it should copy the link for you.
photoshopHT-sectectpic.jpg

Then paste that link on GTP/another forum:
Kyoto-Gion.jpg

To change your settings, click on your username on the top right of the screen, then Account Settings. Then click on Album Settings and you can choose what type of links to show when you hover over an image.

To change the size of your images automaticly, while still in Album Settings find where it says Upload options, and then click the link beside it (View my upload options) which will bring up a pop up menu where you can change the size of images before they get uploaded.

Hope this is of help to anyone who needs it, and now since i've spent a good hour or so writing this i mayaswell go post it on my forums too (shameless plug). :sly:

Hopefully all the info is right, some computers will work better with Photobucket than others i guess (because of Flash etc settings), but they usually have backup ways to upload pics if you can't do it the fancy way. :)

Thanks Mustang-man SkylineObsession ;)

I'm not familiar with Photobucket at all, so this is handy. Is there an option for different sizes, like a 500 x (whatever) pixel size? I'm curious for those who will be posting in competitions. Adding a link to this in the first post, though!

Cheers. :D

Yes. :) When hovering over an uploaded pic, you can select edit pic, and then resize, when it loads up. Wee bit time consuming i'd guess but oh well. :)

And think the link is broken on the first post?

Ah, so you'd need two copies, then? One full-size, and one shrunken down to the limit? Alrighty, now I know!

Woops, wrong closing tag in the OP, all fixed now :cheers:

So I have another question and one addition.

My questions is, if it is possible to use replay cameras in photo mode (like the heli cam at Nordschleife Döttinger Höhe - last long straigth)? Because in photo mode it seems to always be completely different from the replay cams.

And my addition is a list, which shows some more phot locations, which also can be seen at the starting screen after GT5 loaded to the main menu.

* Ahrweiler - Bad Neuenahr
* Ahrweiler - Lennepark
* Ahrweiler - Marktplaz
* Ahrweiler - Niedertor
* Siena - Piazza San Campo
* Bern - Kramgasse
* Bern - Marktgasse
* Kapellbrücke - Luzern Chapel
* Kyoto - Gion
* Kyoto - Shorenin
* Kyoto - Shirakawa Tatsumibashi
* Nürburg - Nürburg Castle
* Salzburg - Red Bull Hangar 7
* Shakado Pass
* Siena - San Gimignano
* Siena - San Galgano

There are some others you have not listed but don´t know how to unlock.

When I upload the GT5 pictures to my PC and select the live windows gallery to view them, I can not edit the pictures.

Yes, I can edit the pics but not save them..very annoying.

Are those files protected?
I use windows 7.

When I upload the GT5 pictures to my PC and select the live windows gallery to view them, I can not edit the pictures.

Yes, I can edit the pics but not save them..very annoying.

Are those files protected?
I use windows 7.

What are you trying to edit? You can edit pictures only with graphic programs like Photoshop, Paint or something else....everything else is just name changing.

What are you trying to edit? You can edit pictures only with graphic programs like Photoshop, Paint or something else....everything else is just name changing.

With edit I mean cut pieces of,adjust color and lightning,just the minor things.

With normal pictures it works ,only with the GT5 pictures they can not be saved.
Btw same problem in paint,I can not save the changes.

With edit I mean cut pieces of,adjust color and lightning,just the minor things.

With normal pictures it works ,only with the GT5 pictures they can not be saved.
Btw same problem in paint,I can not save the changes.

GIMP is the free version of Photoshop. Try it with that program. But the screens must be editable, because when you look at the HDR-thread or some tutorials there are some edited one.

Maybe you do not use your programs in administrator mode.

Images from the official gt.com website won't show elsewhere on the web. You're gonna have to either save them to disc and upload them elsewhere, or you'll need to start doing what the rest of us do and transfer from XMB to USB 👍

Images from the official gt.com website won't show elsewhere on the web. You're gonna have to either save them to disc and upload them elsewhere, or you'll need to start doing what the rest of us do and transfer from XMB to USB 👍

Gotcha, thanks. 👍 Sucks they won't work from the site though since that's a really fast way to share them. 👎

do why know why my images dont show at all on the offical gt.com

I read all 11 pages last night on my phone (so forgive me if I missed it), but is there some way to walk / aim with the DFGT wheel attached, or do I need to reboot the PS3 without it connected to use the walk / aim functions while taking pictures?

Can anybody please tell me if there are any benifits to using 1 site over another
ie imageshack, photobucket or flicker.

I am curantly using imageshack but i keep having problems when up loading a picture from there to here it goes to a thumbnail.:crazy:

I read all 11 pages last night on my phone (so forgive me if I missed it), but is there some way to walk / aim with the DFGT wheel attached, or do I need to reboot the PS3 without it connected to use the walk / aim functions while taking pictures?

Just turn on your DS3 and hold the PS button down for a second or so to get the controller menu. Assign the controller to 1st player and you can use it for menus, and the wheel for racing. I do that all the time, and it works fine for me (though I'm on a DFPro).

Can anybody please tell me if there are any benifits to using 1 site over another
ie imageshack, photobucket or flicker.

I am curantly using imageshack but i keep having problems when up loading a picture from there to here it goes to a thumbnail.:crazy:

Make sure the resize option isn't currently on. Also, it depends which link you're pasting here; Imageshack provides a thumbnail link for sharing on forums, as well as the direct full-size link. However, we frown on people posting full-size images here; thumbnails, or images up to around 800px wide linking to the full-size, are preferred.

Oh, and you'll want to tidy your future posts a bit on the spelling/grammar front. Hope that helps, fraggle!

Make sure the resize option isn't currently on. Also, it depends which link you're pasting here; Imageshack provides a thumbnail link for sharing on forums, as well as the direct full-size link. However, we frown on people posting full-size images here; thumbnails, or images up to around 800px wide linking to the full-size, are preferred.

Thanks anyway but i have swiched to Photobucket as that is what the guide some kind soul made for for me is.

Oh, and you'll want to tidy your future posts a bit on the spelling/grammar front. Hope that helps, fraggle![/QUOTE]

Will try to remember, it is usually because A i'm suposed to be working nowhere near a computer:) or B drunk and letting b-spec bob do his thing.

Question:

Do you have to get gold on the Grand Tour events to unlock the Photo Travel locations? I've completed the whole thing with various trophies and have unlocked exactly NOTHING.

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently you don't actually unlock the locations by completing the events, you unlock them by watching the transition videos. :rolleyes:

Someone may want to update the first post to specify. Hopefully it will help someone else out! :D

Last edited:
Edit: Nevermind. Apparently you don't actually unlock the locations by completing the events, you unlock them by watching the transition videos. :rolleyes:

Someone may want to update the first post to specify. Hopefully it will help someone else out! :D

Really? If you skip the videos you don´t unlock the locations?

Hmmm... I watched them the first time, but on my secondary save, I skipped them, and both times they've unlocked. Will look into exactly what's happening there...

The first time I went through Grand Tour, I skipped the transition vids because I wanted to race. (Of course)

Nothing unlocked.

Last night I entered the first one and just kept clicking "next race" and sitting through the vids after reading that tip in one of the threads here.

Before each race welcome screen, I received notification that I had unlocked the location relative to the previous transition.

Back