GTP GT5 Photomode FAQ & Tutorial Depot - Answers to questions here!

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 391 comments
Sorry for the dumb question. Have there been any posts on how to get the images to open with photoshop and be able to edit them. When I try it says some aspect of the file is corrupt etc... and won't let me edit them. Thanks!

I get a message too in photoshop, but I can open them anyway..

Q: What's the shutter speed range?
A: You have 1/60th of a second, up to 1/8000. Sadly, the steps between that aren't as varied as GT4, effectively doubling up from the last step. Ho-hum.

Not true, you can set any shutterspeed by pressing triangle and go down to the shutter speed option. That way you can choose every number between 60 and 8000 :)

35bh35v.jpg

Not bad for my first educated attempt!

Go to your photo gallery, choose a photo and export to xmb. Go to photo section in xmb and copy to USB.

Could some one please do a quick tutorial explanation on taking rolling shots?
I know I'm supposed to lower the shutter speed and then focus the camera at the car, but my rolling pics are still showing all blured. Do I have to use the pan camera options(1,2 or 3) to achieve this? Thanks in advance.

Could some one please do a quick tutorial explanation on taking rolling shots?
I know I'm supposed to lower the shutter speed and then focus the camera at the car, but my rolling pics are still showing all blured. Do I have to use the pan camera options(1,2 or 3) to achieve this? Thanks in advance.

Use Pan mode 2 or 3.

QUESTION: Can you raise the camera up and take shots from above like in the Top Gear Magazine?

http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/top-gear-gt5-feature-scan-clearer-640x424.jpg

You can raise the camera in either mode, yes.

Update Information: I updated the FAQ Terminology / Walkthrough section. It's incredibly in-depth and should answer nearly any questions people have. Take a look (and a thank you to Franz for posting the GT.com info on filters and panning, saves me some time ;))!

My pleasure Slipz :) Great job on the Faq so far!

You can raise about 10 meters high from the ground, but not as high as this
That's why we should look for special aerial cameras, but seriously it is annoyingly slow to switch cameras and its one-way street only (not like GT4). I have once seen 17 cams at one spot, but I didn't really bother to go thru them one by one.

You can raise the camera in either mode, yes.

Yes, but I mean to the extent at which it risen in the Top Gear picture. In photomode, I cannot raise the camera more than about 12 feet off the ground, but in the Top Gear picture, the camera looks to be about 30 feet off the ground.

EDIT: Oh, so do some shots end up having a height over 12 feet or so?

I have a question about the "AE LOCK".

Has anyone figured out what this is and what it does?

Another thing is the auto focus. On a regular digital camera when you push the "snap" button half way down it makes the same noise as it does in game. The only difference is with a digital camera it will turn green when the focus is optimized. Does this happen in the game?

I have a question about the "AE LOCK".

Has anyone figured out what this is and what it does?

Another thing is the auto focus. On a regular digital camera when you push the "snap" button half way down it makes the same noise as it does in game. The only difference is with a digital camera it will turn green when the focus is optimized. Does this happen in the game?

I didn't try it yet, but following website maybe useful to understand AE lock
http://usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=2547

What AE Lock does is simple: It “freezes” the camera’s exposure settings, so that if the camera is moved from one area to another, the auto exposure system won’t change aperture/shutter speed values.

However Aperture, Shutter speed, and EV don't adjust automatically while you press autofocus like real DSLR. Only thing that makes sense would be locking the ISO setting, but I am going to test more to see if it is true. If it is true, it will be very useful when you take multiple photos panorama shot, so that photoshop can stitch them easily without matching the brightness between photos, except for vignetting though.

I captured a photo but when I exported it to PC, the photo became really dark. Is this a common problem?
Kyoto-Shoren-in.jpg

It is a lot brighter and clearer on PS3 (below pic photoshopped to show what it looks like on ps3..)
Kyoto-Shoren-in1.jpg

...then again, it could be my tv calibration.

Last edited:
sorry i want to know how I can take a picture with the car backfiring.
When I tried it, I can only get a blur of the fire when the shutter speed is slow, when the shutter speed is fast, the fire just disappears.
Is there anywhere I can capture the fire clearly? Thanks

Q: Will I be able to open doors, hood, trunk of the cars in Photo Travel?
A: Signs indicate no, so far. Unless you count crash damage ;).

Hope this does get implemented!

Q: Are we still limited to one car per shoot in Photo Travel?
A: It appears not! That however is a PD press shot; as of right now (release day), it hasn't been found as possible in game.

A quick analysis of that photo. It looks to be photoshopped because there are no reflections of the cars in the wheels, or side panels. I would assume they locked the camera at that position, and brought in one car at a time. I want to say this is how they did the Top Gear Magazine shoot as well.

Q: Will we be able to rewind replays as well as fast-forward?
A: Currently, neither feature is supported.

This is Bad , If you miss the spot in the replay you want a shot of by a second or less, then you have to restart the replay until you get it at the wright spot, then take your photo. INSANE!!!:yuck::crazy:
When you say Currently:, does this mean it's in a future patch?

Kind regards
Sean

Unfortunately, we can't create close-up stitched panoramas in replay photomode. Whenever the camera is zoomed for the telephoto effect a warning is displayed telling you to move back - you can achieve full zoom, but the camera is so far away that the whole vehicle is in frame, and would be very small in any stitched composition.

You can, however, see what standard cars would look like in photo travel - when the game goes into demo mode it shows whichever car you are driving sitting in a photo travel site with animated figures around it. I guess you have to take pictures of your TV :odd:

A quick analysis of that photo. It looks to be photoshopped because there are no reflections of the cars in the wheels, or side panels. I would assume they locked the camera at that position, and brought in one car at a time. I want to say this is how they did the Top Gear Magazine shoot as well.

Nice catch Falango... it's too bad, I guess, though :(.

When you say Currently:, does this mean it's in a future patch?

Kind regards
Sean

It means just that; currently. If it happens to change, I'll update that.

Along with the list of photo travel locations is it possible to say how to unlock them, specifically what challenges or races to do?

Hmmm, this is a good idea. I'll add them in once I can track down the specifics (I know of the ones awarded for Grand Tour, but I can't remember how I had the others unlocked).

CWR
You can, however, see what standard cars would look like in photo travel - when the game goes into demo mode it shows whichever car you are driving sitting in a photo travel site with animated figures around it. I guess you have to take pictures of your TV :odd:

I noticed that the other night too! Standards obviously can be placed in Photomode locations, so it's odd that PD's limited them for our use.

How can i move the photos from my ps3 to the computer?

Post #119 on this thread....

Why don't you people read the threads before asking basic questions like that???

And most important, read the first post by the maker of the thread. It explains so much with so much detayl...it's incredible the amount of time the makers of threads like this put in making them. And you don't even read the thread's main first post...

Last edited:
I've seen snapshots of car in the rain with the rain showing up really nicely..how did you guys get that? I've also seen photos of in car cockpit with driver and all, how's that done?

I've seen snapshots of car in the rain with the rain showing up really nicely..how did you guys get that? I've also seen photos of in car cockpit with driver and all, how's that done?

Press select while on photo mode, it'll change to all the available views of the camera.

Hmmm, this is a good idea. I'll add them in once I can track down the specifics (I know of the ones awarded for Grand Tour, but I can't remember how I had the others unlocked).

I know you get 3 of the Ahrweier ones from the 300SL AMG Driving event. Those and the Grand Tour ones are the only ones I have unlocked so far.

That's all you get. Keep pressing select, you won't get "cockpit" view, but will get two ot three different views from the inside of the car and your driver.

Back