• Thread starter Famine
  • 448 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Just in case you aren't a member of the GTP GTA group yet (why not?), this is the thread to remind you of scheduled online games.

Games will be many and varied - the aim is to get as many different trophies for as many people as possible (if you have any specific requests, please let me know).

You'll need to have at least one member of the GTP GTA group on your PSN Friends list, so that they can invite you into the game.

Available Multiplayer Trophies

trophy_bronze.gif
Bronze Trophies
trophy_bronze.gif

cutyourteeth.jpg

Cut Your Teeth​
Description:
You were successfully promoted up a rank in multiplayer.
Requirements: Be promoted a single rank (Rank 0 to Rank 1, for example) in Multiplayer
Needed by: None

jointhemidnightclub.jpg

Join The Midnight Club​
Description: You won a ranked multiplayer race without damaging your vehicle too much.
Requirements: Win any multiplayer race without... err... Damage must be enabled.
Needed by: ?

flythecoop.jpg

Fly The Co-op​
Description: Beat Rockstar's time in ranked versions of "Deal Breaker", "Hangman's NOOSE" and "Bomb da Base II".
Requirements: Beat Deal Breaker in less than 7'03, Hangman's NOOSE in less than 2'32 and Bomb da Base II in less than 5'34
Needed by: GTP_Famine, GTP_Sureshot, Spuds

takingitfortheteam.jpg

Taking It For The Team​
Description: Be on the winning team in all ranked multiplayer team games.
Requirements: This - including playing as both sides in Cops'n'Crooks.
Needed by: GTP_Famine, GTP_Sureshot

topofthefoodchain.jpg

Top Of The Food Chain​
Description: Kill 20 players with a pistol in a ranked multiplayer deathmatch.
Requirements: Kill... 20... This.
Needed by: -

topthemidnightclub.jpg

Top the Midnight Club​
Description: Come first in 20 different ranked standard multiplayer races in one online session and at different tracks.
Requirements: That.
Needed by: GTP_Sureshot

teamplayer.jpg

Teamplayer​
Decription: Kill 5 players who are not in your team, in any ranked multiplayer team game.
Requirements: That.
Needed by: GTP_Sureshot

aufwiedersehenpetrovic.jpg

Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic​
Description: Win all ranked multiplayer variations, all races and "Cops 'n Crooks", as both sides.
Requirements: Kinda explains itself...
Needed by: GTP_Famine, GTP_Sureshot

letsleepingrockstarslie.jpg

Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie​
Description: Kill a Rockstar developer in a ranked multiplayer match.
Requirements: Kill a Rockstar player, or anyone who has killed a Rockstar player, in a multiplayer game. This trophy is viral - you can get it by killing someone who has it.
Needed by: -

trophy_gold.gif
Gold Trophies
trophy_gold.gif

wanted.jpg

Wanted​
Description: Achieve the highest personal rank in multiplayer.
Requirements: Reach level 10 in multiplayer
Needed by: GTP_Famine, GTP_Sureshot, Spuds

Latest scheduled game: 6th January 2009; 2100GMT
Host: GTP_Sureshot
Match types: Co-op games

Last edited:
I've been here since seven... *whistles*

Fujiwara and I are currently in Free Roam waiting for you guys to join us...

So, I think I will be able to make it tonight.. If I finish my ******** of homework.
I just hope I dont get any Cod4 cravings.

Sorry about tonight everyone-- my router/connection was acting up and I was getting disconnected-- the game was reading it as a kick and wouldn't let me rejoin when I was sent a re-invite-- I was also disconnected from PSN 3 times too-- was driving me batty...

I'm going to try a hard connection vs a wireless connection the next time I commit to something like this.

I'l be on on Sunday (tomorrow)-- will see if my connection is playing or not... I think I'm going to move my modem next to the PS3 for this session and do a wired connection-- I did mess around with my PS3 settings and saw that it shows my connection as NAT 3 via my router and that it even says I should have problems.... that being said-- I had no problem last night even in 16 player 30 minute death match last night.

I ordered a 50' Cat 5 cable and should get it next week some time

I thought it went well last night. 2 really good deathmatches. Any request for our next game? I won't normally be able to do Sunday nights, I think it may be beneficial to have a set day and time, what do you think?

It went okay, except I only managed 17 kills :D

We really need a room full of GTPers willing to be killed by each other for the magical 20.

Far less noticeable lag with you hosting too 👍

It went okay, except I only managed 17 kills :D

We really need a room full of GTPers willing to be killed by each other for the magical 20.

Far less noticeable lag with you hosting too 👍

You died pretty well ;)

I have a suggestion for future games though-- set the first one for 10 minutes to allow everyone to show before you do a 30 minute match.

I joined that first one hosted by Minicooper, then got the invite from sureshot so quit and joined his-- I know Famine was still in that first one and you evidently finished it.

A definite host would be beneficial too (so I know which game to join)

My wired connection was solid-- I hooked my PS3 up to my modem and it showed me with a NAT 1 connection... no issues at all over 90 minutes. 👍

A suggestion for a future match-- for prison-- lets try it with blips off-- or at least blips set on "far"

I like powerful weapons at the airport, but I doubt you guys would....

Last edited:
Once we've got loads of people in the group with the pistol trophy, powerful weapons FTW.

Definitely needs more GTPers, Spuds, you are annoyingly good. 42 kills was it? I'm happy to be permanent host, guys. As a permanent slot, I was thinking Monday nights, perhaps?

Didn't think to invite minicooper120...

I prefer Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday, because it has to be after the wee one has gone to bed and I don't like to get in the way of good TV (even though we have Sky+ :D). 8.30pm is fine.

I suppose we should blanket PM the Group... I'll get onto it later.

Im out for the Sixaxis races on Sunday hopefully, just the heads up :lol:

Used my GTP account in several deathmatches lol (rank 1 :lol:)

My rank 1 was ontop of the 5's and 7's and even a random 8.

In one game everyone had a headset... and set to 50 kills and I won with double figures.

Should be free for thursday, but be prepared unlike before where it was random.

Spuds, i hear your good hehe ;)

I hear you are better-- although I can hold my own in most matches--

I play alot of team death match although I tend to play on a small team or by myself against other teams and I think it helps you get faster at aiming-- as well as clustered teams making for more kills.

I was in a 3 on 3 on 1 (me being the 1) at the airport a few days ago and it was a blast-- I spent about 6 minutes on top of the building by the helis sniping the 2 teams going at it off in the distance

Didn't think to invite minicooper120...

I sent mini a couple of invites from your games.

I definitely urge anyone having connection/lag problems to go to a wired connection- mine is alot more stable- I'm going to order a 2nd CAT5 cable to run to my basement (for when my wife banishes me and the PS3 down there).

My availability is not fixed-- my schedule varies-- I am good for thursday at 2100 GMT this week-- other then that, with my kids (I have 3 boys-- 6, 3, & 2 years old) and the time difference-- it will be hit or miss with me.

Last edited:
For reference, what is your time difference? Ohio is mid-US iirc, so about -7 GMT?

Ok, so Thursday 2100GMT for our next session? Famine mentioned 2030GMT above, anyone happy with that time?

Are we going to keep doing 30" Deathmatch pistol until everyone has the trophy Famine keeps harpering on about. 20 kills, right? Airport next time?

For reference, what is your time difference? Ohio is mid-US iirc, so about -7 GMT?

Ok, so Thursday 2100GMT for our next session? Famine mentioned 2030GMT above, anyone happy with that time?

Are we going to keep doing 30" Deathmatch pistol until everyone has the trophy Famine keeps harpering on about. 20 kills, right? Airport next time?

Im up for that, but I wont kill anyone lol I go get a chopper and fly to a sultan :lol:

A team deathmatch would be awsome GTP vs. rest :)

You'll join our team this time? ;)
LOL

That first team deathmatch was awsome lol died 0 with all of you guys coming :)

Then the second game where I got run over by a ped still 1 death :lol:
Its a lot funner if you on your own against 4 people on you ;)

After we get the Pistol Trophy how about some Co-op Trohpy? Well anything really 👍

Ohio is in the US eastern time zone-- so GMT -5

I'm usually on much later then you guys-- I'm typically on 11pm to 2 am local time.... the 2100 GMT can work pretty well for me as it is during my little ones nap time, and I can send the other 2 down to the basement to play on the Wii.. on days I'm off anyway-- I work a very oddball schedule. I've been working a night schedule lately so the Sunday game yesterday as well as if we play on thursday this week will be right after I get up from sleeping all day-- a great way to wake up... Maxwell house coffee and a deathmatch ;)

Last edited:

Really, it needs to be a highly confined area, so that when we respawn there isn't a huge trek to get back to the business end. The last prison match we did, even 4th managed 14 and we weren't all working cooperatively to each get the trophy...

Did you find the docks too spacious? Also, can't you select a setting in relation to re-spawning?

Really, it needs to be a highly confined area, so that when we respawn there isn't a huge trek to get back to the business end. The last prison match we did, even 4th managed 14 and we weren't all working cooperatively to each get the trophy...

I blame your connection lol

I got 20+ kills :)

lol I used my friends account rank 2 and beat a Rank 8 ;)
I have won all my last month deathmatches :lol: started when GTP grouped ;) thanks

Use the prison and CLOSE and 1 SEC respawning.

I blame your connection lol

I got 20+ kills :)

lol I used my friends account rank 2 and beat a Rank 8 ;)
I have won all my last month deathmatches :lol: started when GTP grouped ;) thanks

Use the prison and CLOSE and 1 SEC respawning.

When someone sets the respawn long (like 30 seconds)-- I like to have fun with a bit of corpse abuse-- run up to it and shoot it again and again... get a knife and stab it... and my favorite-- stand over it and squat-- like you are farting in their face (or worse) ;)

If you set respawn to near-- it usually isn't too far away even on a big map area-- the initial spawn points can be far away.

I urge you to do more team death matches-- this will respawn you near your team mates almost always-- and the advantage of this if you are near others is you are invincible for about 4 or 5 seconds after you spawn-- take advantage of it and take out one or two people near you if they are in range-- don't even move--- just turn aim and fire right after you spawn.

Last edited:
I'm happy to do what ever you guys want.

Can we set Thursday at 2030GMT as a definite? If so, can Famine (or another mod) change the thread title to 20/11/08 - 2030GMT?

If we can get about 4/5 players on (Famine, Me, Spuds, Fujiwara and minicooper120) in one deathmatch pistol, we can do the trophy (20 kills) easily and I'll kick off non-GTPers. Can I kick off non-GTPers mid match?

I'm happy to do what ever you guys want.

Can we set Thursday at 2030GMT as a definite? If so, can Famine (or another mod) change the thread title to 20/11/08 - 2030GMT?

If we can get about 4/5 players on (Famine, Me, Spuds, Fujiwara and minicooper120) in one deathmatch pistol, we can do the trophy (20 kills) easily and I'll kick off non-GTPers. Can I kick off non-GTPers mid match?

First who needs this trophy???

I have it in both my GTA and GTP account so Im done.

I wanna try winning all the games trophy :lol:

Everyone. The group is about getting as many trophies to as many people as possible. Otherwise we'd all go play multiplayer on our own.

Latest Posts

Back