GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

  • Thread starter Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
  • 651,137 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think lots of people have this question, but is there an interior on standard cars?

It's been confirmed several times that there isn't, sorry.
 
Can't wait!awesome 4° UPDATE form Amare,I appreciated ,particularly, the slipstream and engine-sounds improvements:tup:
 
I think lots of people have this question, but is there an interior on standard cars?

sorry but no. this was confirmed quite a while ago actually
 
The calm before the storm. waits for ups to bring playseat and wheel any minute to play some GT5P, and update from Amar.

Some damage info and also snow snow snow snow, How is is the handling in snow and how nice is it HD
 
@amar212
I have 2 questions
1. have gt5 an youtube upload support?
2. is there a crach mode or arena?
thanks
 
Amar how can you find the time to post here, on GAF, and play the game to have something to show actualy ?
 
boys, so 900°steering with wheel is confirmed?
 
I have 1 question, can you change the wheels on standard cars?
 
I still want to know if B-spec and A-spec races are the same or different.
 
New update in one hour, I came home a bit late today.

No rush pal! Cheers for the updates, you have a good following! 👍
 
Amar,
Which car can we purchase at the start?
Thanks
 
I have been to Amar's place to check GT5, unfortunately i had only one hour. He's been showing me menu and everything around GT life, all the options, music, and i must say it's brilliantly executed.

Now regarding standard cars, if the game shipped with only standard cars, i would have been very happy, cause they are, in game, racing, on par with other racing game, which name i want say. Only thing that is missing is cockpit view.

Sound of the cars is excellent, especially on 5.1 surround system that Amar has. There is enough dept in the basses and it's very clearm, it gave me goose bumps (not sure if this is right word)

We have been through course maker, and the possibilities are endless.One feature that i liked most is demo drive, where game creates track and AI is driving the car you what to demo drive. I could have set there for hours and enjoy the sounds of the car, scenery and just relax with a six pack beside me :-).

I drove one race in Masserati GT-S, and the feeling of the physics on the wheel is much improved over Prologue or TT (all assists off, abs on 1).
Drifters will enjoy this very much, it's so controllable with the wheel, but if you over do it, it want forgive you. It much refined to feel when the tyres are losing grip.

AI's behavior is really improved, it's almost if AI is using the same assists that player is using, or should I say AI is not using assists. I have seen AI over doing it on breaking and trying to accelerate as soon as possible, resulting in losing control of the car. This was played in Arcade mode, professional settings, assist off.

Online wasn't available so we couldn't test this.

Unfortunately, since i came straight from work to Amar, we couldn't test my Turbo S with CSP pedals :-(. I was so eager to see what took them 5 years to develop, and i was so pleasantly surprised, as i am sure all of you will be.

In that time that i was there, i couldn't help thinking, 24th can't come soon enough. I am tempted to buy 2 copies of GT5, just in case if something happens to 1st one.

This game will stay in my ps3 for a long, long time.

Once again, big thanks to Amar 👍
 
F--KIN HATE that i cant buy any car at the dealerships, just premium ones. This is the biggest **** i've ever seen in a while.

I have to wait for my favorite cars to pop up in the used cars list.

Kaz! What the F--- were you thinking? I have enough money to buy a new ride, but almost none is premium what i want!
 
You say the slipstream is more realistic... have you tried it with NASCAR? One of the earlier videos shows a car slipstreaming up to 360 km/h, which is not anywhere close to realistic... it would be very bad if they messed up slipstreaming with the cars that rely on it the most...
 
Amar, please tell if you found Piazza del Campo.
 
I have been to Amar's place to check GT5, unfortunately i had only one hour.

This game will stay in my ps3 for a long, long time.

Once again, big thanks to Amar 👍

Thanks dzidza, I think GT5 will also be stuck in my PS3 for some time ;)
 
Forgive me if previous discussion or leaks have stated this, but is there 'parts upgrade/tuning' on standard cars? I don't believe I've heard yet.(edit: thanks for bringing me up to speed, Szmissz)

Also have we figured out what the damage system's issues were? I've been hearing rumblings of mechanical damage being there, how about standard model visible damage? (paint scuffing)

Overall looking good. I'm happy with the handling description, and I really like that I will be able to zoom cockpit view to get more usable space. I can't wait to hear about head tracking, I've gone through a fair bit of trouble to build a setup to do that in the dark, and I'd hate if it was wasted time.
 
Last edited:
I have been to Amar's place to check GT5, unfortunately i had only one hour. He's been showing me menu and everything around GT life, all the options, music, and i must say it's brilliantly executed.

We have been through course maker, and the possibilities are endless.One feature that i liked most is demo drive, where game creates track and AI is driving the car you what to demo drive. I could have set there for hours and enjoy the sounds of the car, scenery and just relax with a six pack beside me :-).

This game will stay in my ps3 for a long, long time.

Once again, big thanks to Amar 👍

Very nice! Did any of the themes on course creator allow point to point tracks, not circuits?
 
Very nice! Did any of the themes on course creator allow point to point tracks, not circuits?

right now, only circuits, at least on the theme that we tried, but Amar isn't far in the game yet, lots of stuff are locked, we have to wait and see
 
Forgive me if previous discussion or leaks have stated this, but is there 'parts upgrade/tuning' on standard cars? I don't believe I've heard yet.

Yes, there is, I just checked for you.
 
F--KIN HATE that i cant buy any car at the dealerships, just premium ones. This is the biggest **** i've ever seen in a while.

I have to wait for my favorite cars to pop up in the used cars list.

Kaz! What the F--- were you thinking? I have enough money to buy a new ride, but almost none is premium what i want!

when was the last time you played gran turismo?
 
I have been to Amar's place to check GT5, unfortunately i had only one hour. He's been showing me menu and everything around GT life, all the options, music, and i must say it's brilliantly executed.

Now regarding standard cars, if the game shipped with only standard cars, i would have been very happy, cause they are, in game, racing, on par with other racing game, which name i want say. Only thing that is missing is cockpit view.

Sound of the cars is excellent, especially on 5.1 surround system that Amar has. There is enough dept in the basses and it's very clearm, it gave me goose bumps (not sure if this is right word)

We have been through course maker, and the possibilities are endless.One feature that i liked most is demo drive, where game creates track and AI is driving the car you what to demo drive. I could have set there for hours and enjoy the sounds of the car, scenery and just relax with a six pack beside me :-).

I drove one race in Masserati GT-S, and the feeling of the physics on the wheel is much improved over Prologue or TT (all assists off, abs on 1).
Drifters will enjoy this very much, it's so controllable with the wheel, but if you over do it, it want forgive you. It much refined to feel when the tyres are losing grip.

AI's behavior is really improved, it's almost if AI is using the same assists that player is using, or should I say AI is not using assists. I have seen AI over doing it on breaking and trying to accelerate as soon as possible, resulting in losing control of the car. This was played in Arcade mode, professional settings, assist off.

Online wasn't available so we couldn't test this.

Unfortunately, since i came straight from work to Amar, we couldn't test my Turbo S with CSP pedals :-(. I was so eager to see what took them 5 years to develop, and i was so pleasantly surprised, as i am sure all of you will be.

In that time that i was there, i couldn't help thinking, 24th can't come soon enough. I am tempted to buy 2 copies of GT5, just in case if something happens to 1st one.

This game will stay in my ps3 for a long, long time.

Once again, big thanks to Amar 👍

so physics is the better than TT?i hope it's the most beutiful physics we hav had in consoles!
 
right now, only circuits, at least on the theme that we tried, but Amar isn't far in the game yet, lots of stuff are locked, we have to wait and see

I see, thanks for the confirmation. Hopefully after doing the WRC section it unlocks point to point on dirt/snow tracks, as that's what I want most from the course creator :)
 
I drove one race in Masserati GT-S, and the feeling of the physics on the wheel is much improved over Prologue or TT (all assists off, abs on 1)
What do you think about the sound? Is it close to the real thing?

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back